Other uses for plants in TRIGUN (the old one)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
D_I

Other uses for plants in TRIGUN (the old one)

Have there been any other official confirmed uses for plants outside of terraforming and generating electricity? For example weaponization(other than vash's .45lc)? I did read the manga all the way through but it's been a few months and my memory isn't that great sometimes and I haven't finished the anime yet. I'd imagine that if there are any other confirmed uses it would be in some side material.

(Tbh I kinda want to see a fanmade plant-mobile suit hybrid. Might kitbash that)
I'm besties with a DS Lite
Seto Kaiba

Re: Other uses for plants in TRIGUN (the old one)

D_I wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:49 pm Have there been any other official confirmed uses for plants outside of terraforming and generating electricity? For example weaponization(other than vash's .45lc)? I did read the manga all the way through but it's been a few months and my memory isn't that great sometimes and I haven't finished the anime yet. I'd imagine that if there are any other confirmed uses it would be in some side material.

(Tbh I kinda want to see a fanmade plant-mobile suit hybrid. Might kitbash that)
The capabilities of the Plants in Trigun are deliberately left ill-defined.

As presented, the Plants are simply macguffins. They're mysterious black box lost technology leftover from humanity's ill-fated mission to colonize other worlds that do whatever the plot requires and aren't even bound by the laws of physics. They're borderline overunity machines connected to higher dimensions that can manipulate energy, matter, and space to do practically anything they're programmed to do. They produce practically all the advanced technology and materials used in the story, including things like the exotic alloys used for the far-more-powerful-than-they-should-be guns and cybernetic implants.

You could say they're basically a fusion of Star Trek's replicators and a true GN Drive, except that they're also some kind of higher-dimensional lifeform that may or may not be conventionally sentient.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...