RX-78-1 using zaku mg

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
D_I

RX-78-1 using zaku mg

Hey there yall, I'm new here so go easy on me till I get used to things. anyways I got a question that's been buggin me for a while.
there's this image of the RX-78-1 (I'm gonna call it the G-1) holding a zaku mg.
(i hope this image loads)
this had me thinking about how if the Gundam units used a zaku mg as a secondary weapon wouldn't it allow for a bit more sustainability
in a fight since the unit would be able to take ammo from zeon MS?
I'm besties with a DS Lite
D_I

Re: RX-78-1 using zaku mg

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gunda ... 0809005941
here's the link to the image since it didn't load
Seto Kaiba

D_I wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:01 pm Hey there yall, I'm new here so go easy on me till I get used to things. anyways I got a question that's been buggin me for a while.
there's this image of the RX-78-1 (I'm gonna call it the G-1) holding a zaku mg.
this had me thinking about how if the Gundam units used a zaku mg as a secondary weapon wouldn't it allow for a bit more sustainability
The link or embed tags won't work until you take the revision code data out of it: Image

In theory there shouldn't be much stopping the Federation from reusing captured Zaku armaments. Some parts of the Earth Federation Forces operated captured Zakus in combat against Zeon during the One Year War, as seen in Mobile Suit Gundam: MS IGLOO. Mind you, being dependent on captured enemy ammunition stores would be as logistically problematic, if not moreso, as a fragile logistical train because it wouldn't take long before Zeon started boobytrapping abandoned ammo dumps on their retreat.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
D_I

thanks for the tip, yea it makes sense that the ammo could be trapped
MythSearcher

basically this: https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg- ... c0c3826-lq
Soldiers booby trapping guns and helmets left behind.
JEFFPIATT

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:15 pm
D_I wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:01 pm Hey there yall, I'm new here so go easy on me till I get used to things. anyways I got a question that's been buggin me for a while.
The link or embed tags won't work until you take the revision code data out of it: Image

In theory there shouldn't be much stopping the Federation from reusing captured Zaku armaments. Some parts of the Earth Federation Forces operated captured Zakus in combat against Zeon during the One Year War, as seen in Mobile Suit Gundam: MS IGLOO. Mind you, being dependent on captured enemy ammunition stores would be as logistically problematic, if not moreso, as a fragile logistical train because it wouldn't take long before Zeon started boobytrapping abandoned ammo dumps on their retreat.
considering that the RX-78-1 wasn't intended for actual combat being the test prototype it's likely it having a captured Zaku MMG was just them testing with what was on hand until the prototype beam rifle was ready.