Tetsujin 28 FX

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Tetsujin 28 FX

So what are everyone's thoughts on this show? How does the animation hold up? How is the story? It's coming out on Blu Ray soon, but otherwise there's not really a lot of news about it.
Seto Kaiba

Re: Tetsujin 28 FX

IIRC, that was never released in English speaking countries, so I doubt many of us have seen it.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
AceWhatever

I always got the impression that's one of those sequels to classic properties that fell to the wayside for arbitrary reasons (Grendizer) or some absolute bonkers writing decisions (Tiger Mask II).

I really like Tetsujin's design in this one, but I do hope it's a BIT more fleshed out than 80's Tetsujin because whoo boy was that one ever phoning it in every other episode.

Having said that, I wonder why it's a sequel to the 60's Tesujin show and not the 80's reboot. I never got the impression that the latter had any kind of black sheep/only-popular-outside-Japan status.
Kirben

I only managed 6 episodes, it felt like a generic good vs evil, even worse than the 80s series. The main characters aren't interesting, the villains aren't fleshed out, and group is meant to be a detective agency, but didn't do any investigating or mystery solving at all.
I browsed through the next episode previews, and looks like it has a few arcs at least (Black Ox), if you can last through the majority of stand alone episodes.

Feels like the 2004 remakes are the only ones worth checking out, if you are looking for more story wise.
Mafty

The series is rather hit or miss. Some episodes are actually very strong, with interesting premises and characters. Other episodes are more goofy and lighthearted. The animation budget isn't the greatest either, although the battle scenes are very impressive (though there is an issue if your sensitive to flashing lights, though admittedly not as much as GaoGaiGar.)
Spoiler
One thing I will say though is that the Neo Black Gang should have been the antagonist for the entire series. After their defeated the show doesn't exactly seem to know what to do. I haven't viewed all the episodes, but the defeat of the gang honestly seems like the better ending than the actual ending.
MythSearcher

I watched the whole thing on TV(at least most of it, may have missed an episode or 2)

Redesign of 28 is pretty good but the story doesn't leave much impression. I completely forgot what it was about.