Mecha observations from G Gundam

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Re: Mecha observations from G Gundam

Mermaid is especially interesting in that, according to an article on Gundaminfo, Neo Denmark made several aquatic/amphibious MF during ots development, also acquire some of older MF like Kappa Gundam from Neo Japan and Gundam Octopus from Neo Greece. One have to wonder what were they thinking.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Underrated GM Custom

Gundam Octopus?? Now that's not what I've heard before, if it's Greece I wonder if its a reference to to Scylla & Charybdis.

I was surprised quite a bit with the Neo Denmark plotline where they couldn't afford to repair their Gundam. Then in the finale they mass produced the Mermaid Gundam, aside being a fun way to show a bunch of mermaids and windmills onscreen like you mentioned I have to wonder what they were thinking haha.
Underrated GM Custom

EP 32 - Burning (God) Gundam vs Neros Gundam
Finally a chance to see Zebra Gundam fight, by polevaulting into the air and hiding behind its shield reminds me of several of the shield decoy tricks Amuro used in the original series. We also get to see Burning Finger used at a range, apparently long enough to hit a flying bird-like MS. This is also the only episode thus far where the small golden claw in Burning Finger comes into play, where it is uses to gouge out the eyes of Neros Gundam. Brutal.

EP 33 - Royal Gundam (John Bull) vs Rose Gundam.
Royal Gundam appears to be using a different weapon than it's original incarnation. It resembles more of a blunderbuss than Sniper rifle. I checked Mahq and the only lineart I saw was for the original long beam rifle. Rose Gundam's plan to defeat the Grand Gundam was to self-destruct a rose bit into its eye. You would think that firing the rose bit would be more damaging than blowing up a rose-bit, but, oh well.

EP 34 - Tag Team Match between Burning Gundam & Nobel Gundam vs Skull Gundam & Asura Gundam.
Asura turns out to be another Gundam that can split into separate forms. Nobel Gundam does its own Burning Finger in combination with Burning Gundam. With Allenby knowing about Hyper mode, and the other Shuffle Alliance members gaining a Hyper Mode it does make you wonder how did all of these Gundam's gain a Hyper Mode. Previously, the Hyper Mode was the true version of Shining Gundam's super mode, which Dr. Kasshu worked on as part of using the pilots emotions. Perhaps all the other countries saw this and decided to implement their own system.

EP 35 - Maxter vs Burning (God) Gundam
We see Chibodee's new technique with the bursting machine gun punch which is countered as Burning Gundam begins creating techniques on the spot, in this case the Burning Shadow.

EP 36 - Rose vs Burning (God) Gundam
Likewise, Burning Gundam invents a new technique (Burning / God Slash Typhoon) to counter George De Sand's Rose Hurricane. I remember when I first watched this not being as amused since it seemed like Domon kept pulling trump cards out of nowhere, but on the rewatch after seeing all the unusual (and often not repeated) techniques that Master Asia pulls I assume these episodes are meant to convey to the viewer that Domon's skills as a martial artists have improved tremendously and he's now on the same playing field as Master Asia. As for the actual execution, it still feels like Burning Gundam is providing an extreme edge over the competition. Once again, it seems a bit unfair that you can swap out Mobile Suits in the middle of a Gundam Fight.