Gerbera and Gerbera Tetra?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Re: Gerbera and Gerbera Tetra?

ZZ also touch the subject a little with competition between their in-house developers which culminated in Zaku III vs Doven Wolf. Also in CCA-MSV with Char gives up on the in-house developer's Geara Doga Psycummu Test Type and instead hire AE to made Jagd Doga.

00N's Union Blast chapter is another instance but I don't think it's ever brough up anywhere else.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:49 pm
Aside from Zeon's developments in and before the One Year War, Gundam's settings rarely (if ever) features any kind of design competition or a competitive evaluation process in which multiple manufacturers compete for military contracts the way they do in the real world.
You have the AE vs SNRI for F91 vs whatever off screen competitor, and the earlier AE in-house RX-99 vs RXF-91.
While it is claimed that SNRI "won", for whatever reason the actual mass production models like RGM-119/122 are still designs of AE.

Also, I think the 0087 Titans models like the Barzam, Galbaldy-β, 0088 Pezun models like Xeku Eins/Zwei, are competitors of AE units.
Underrated GM Custom

I don't recall the Galbady Beta being a Titans machine, the Titans may have commandeered them especially when trying to stop the AEUGs Jaburo operation but it was the EFSF who were first using them after overhauling Zeon's Galbady Alpha.
Mafty

Yes the Galbaldy Beta is initially an Earth Federation unit (Remember Lt. Lila was in the Earth Federation), but like a lot of other resources, it was probably swallowed up by the Titans.

It is true that in house competitions are not unheard in the Gundam series (given what big Gundam fans the Macross creators were, that may have been where they got the idea). Though this does mostly happen after there are more players in the field(i.e. SNRI and Anaheim).

That being said is it ever stated who the two competing companies are with the Zaku III and Doven Wolf?
MythSearcher

Ah, yes, the Galbaldy-β is an EFF unit, I was just making a quick comment and didn't think clearly.
But the Galbaldy-β High Mobility Unit is a unit Titans was testing in AOZ to evaluate if they want to use it or not.
Pretty sure it got nothing to do with AE and is a competitor of AE.
Come to think of it, EFF got quite a lot of non-AE development sites and we can tell from their number system from the 0087 era.

“RX-xxy” are test units and “RMS-xxy” are mass production units.

“xx” is the site of development:

10-Granada (RMS-106 Hizack)

11-Lunar II (RMS-117 Galbaldy-β)

12-Konpeitō (Solomon, RX-121 Hazel)

13-Gate of Zedan (ABQ RX-139 Hambrabi)

14-Pezun (RMS-141 Xeku Eins)

15-New Guinea (RMS-154 Barzam)

16-Kilimanjaro (RX-160 Byarlant)

17-Grpys (RX-178 Gundam Mk-II)

18-Jaburo (RMS-188MD Zaku Diver)

19-also Jaburo (RMS-192M Zaku Mariner)

“y” indicates development order.

For example, RX-178 Gundam MkⅡindicates it is the 8th testing unit developed in Grpys, RMS-117 Galbaldy-β indicates it is the 7th mass production unit developed in Lunar II.
Exceptions being Murasame and Auckland developments not using the RX but MRX or ORX(which the number is just the development order, and O instead of A because Japanese katakana uses O instead of A for the pronunciation, same goes for R for Renbou meaning Ferderation.)
Underrated GM Custom

I had forgotten about the Hi-Mo Galbady Beta, AoZ really takes a wide breath of units for the Titans Test Team to try out. I always found their GM Sniper III configs to be interesting.

Thanks for posting the number scheme, I remember seeing that a while back but haven't seen it in a while and wanted to note it down for future reference.