Mobile Suit Grand Prix?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Mobile Suit Grand Prix?

So what exactly is the Mobile Suit Grand Prix? It's mentioned in Gundam AGE that Woolf Enneacle was a Mobile Suit "Racer" in the "Grand Prix". So what exactly was this? Is it a non lethal duel between MS like the kind that Asemu was involved in? Or is it some kind of obstacle course race?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Mobile Suit Grand Prix?

Mafty wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:52 pm So what exactly is the Mobile Suit Grand Prix? It's mentioned in Gundam AGE that Woolf Enneacle was a Mobile Suit "Racer"
You answered your own question here. It's a race.

Given its name, probably an endurance-type race similar to the original "Grand Prix" automobile racing style that evolved into Formula One.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

If it is anything like the Junior MS competition in UC that Kamille participated, they may have some level of tackling involved.
PowerdGNFlag

We actually see Woolf's racing mobile suit in AGE-MSV.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Mafty

Thanks, it's neat to see Woolf's unit (for some reason I'd thought his Shadoll custom was his racing unit), it's neat that MSV covered that portion of the story, as it seemed kinda interesting. Really it reminds me of the Hobby Hizack from CCA, where people would customize MS for civilian use.