Getter Robo ARC Anime

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Getter Robo ARC Anime

So what exactly are the names for the mass produced transforming plane units in Ep 7? They look like a grey version of the Getter and they are operated remotely as drones.
Underrated GM Custom

Re: Getter Robo ARC Anime

I haven't gotten around to watching Getter ARC yet but I've read the manga. Do you have an image you can share I might be able to help identify it for you.
PowerdGNFlag

Mafty wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:11 am So what exactly are the names for the mass produced transforming plane units in Ep 7? They look like a grey version of the Getter and they are operated remotely as drones.
Should be the UAV Stilva, a mass-produced drone version of the American super robot of the same name (which is in turn from the Getter Robo Go arc).
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Underrated GM Custom

Interesting, I had always known it as Stellva (ステルバー) didn't realize Stilva is the official romanization.
Mafty

Thanks that is the Mech. It also fits to being a North American model (the manga has them fighting in America , the anime in Canada), and it seems as though Getter Robo has different mass produced mechs in different regions.
Underrated GM Custom

Yep, in Getter Robo Go they introduce Mecha from other nations with the Stealth Bomber representing America. The Manga is one long continuous story, Arc is the last volume written by the creator Ishikawa so highly recommend starting from the beginning. Here's the order:

Getter Robo 1974
Getter Robo G 1975
Getter Robo Go 1991
Shin Getter Robo 1997
Shin Getter Robo - Crater Battle 1998
Getter Robo Arc 2002
Mafty

Thanks It's neat to see a continuous story spread over so many years. I've only read Getter Robo Devolution, but I have seen Getter Robo Armageddon, Shin Getter vs Neo Getter, and Getter Robo Arc, and the story is actually surprisingly easy to follow with out having read all the material, though I've heard the newer adaptations stick closer to the Manga than the 70's anime did.
Underrated GM Custom

So the 70s anime ran simultaneously with the 70s manga, since the manga is hyper violent the anime aimed at children of course can't strictly follow that.

The OVAs are all a different spin on Getter (same with Devolution); Arc is the only one that followed the manga but unfortunately Ken Ishikawa died before he could finish it. Shin vs Neo is mostly Getter Robo Go but with a very zany spin on it, it's short and quite funny so I've always enjoyed it. Of all the OVAs Armageddon probably sticks the closest to the spirit of the manga while introducing an entirely new story, or perhaps a remixed story would be more apt comparison. Armageddon draws heavily from Crater Battle for its premise while the 2nd half with Hayato and the robo army is very similar to Getter Robo Go's plotline but with significant differences to accomodate the changes they've made. All the Getter shows are good, they're just all different in their own right.