Ground Use Only Mobile Suits

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
John-Luck Pickerd

Re: Ground Use Only Mobile Suits

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:18 pm
Kuruni wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:14 pm
Underrated GM Custom wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:42 am There's even a sturm faust used like a club that detonates on a GM Quel's chest, fortunately it's a named pilot so the plot armor prevents all the damage hahaha.
Actually, it's vaporization/thermobaric bomb. Despite being WMD, the thing is just harmless in space (Lilia is just unhinged at that point).
Wow really!? I'm floored, the vaporization bombs in 08th MS Team were so insanely destructive in their area of effect I'm surprised the mcguffin from Gundam Legacy is small enough to fit on a sturm faust rocket. :lol:
In real life, thermobaric bomb uses the oxygen from the surrounding to generate the blast. And space doesnt have much oxygen.

Ofc thats how real life worlds. Gundam, as we know, may not always follow real-life science.
Underrated GM Custom

Re: Ground Use Only Mobile Suits

Oh it makes perfect sense a thermobaric bomb wouldn't work in space. I'm just surprised since the warhead on the sturm faust is fairly small, proportionally I'd guess its no more than 3 meters; I don't think a thermobaric bomb that size would cause the same devastation we see in 08th MS Team.