Darker than Black

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Mafty

Darker than Black

So has anyone watched this series? If so what do you think of it? It seems to have an interesting premise. Also is it streaming anywhere ? It seems to have gone out of print in North America. (I didn't put this in Anime, because while it is an Anime, it's not mech related).
Underrated GM Custom

Re: Darker than Black

Darker than Black was a really slick show by studio Bones with an interesting premise and great execution. Just enough mystery to get you pulled into the world, some interesting powers with very distinct limitations kept a good amount of tension for most episodes. Overall I really enjoyed it, the first season that is, I'd give it a solid 8.5/10.

Second season / sequel wasn't very good. You're not missing much if you decide to skip it.
Chris
Administrator

The first series was good and entertaining, but the second, Gemini of the Meteor, was really bad and undermined everything that came before it. I'd recommend watching the first series and leaving it there.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
SonicSP

Yes first season is really good and I would recommend it. Even rewatched it again 6 months ago was still as good as I remembered it.

Second season......yeah I will back the others here, you can avoid it.

The OVA that connects the first and second season is also pretty good but probably should also avoid it if you aren't planning to watch Season 2.

Also, my understanding is the Anime and Manga section is for all types and not just mech related. I remembering discussing Fate Stay Night there in an old thread some years back