The Protection conferred by Phase Shift Armor

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
John-Luck Pickerd

Re: The Protection conferred by Phase Shift Armor

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:41 pm Ah my mistake, I was thinking that VPS first debuted on Freedom and Justice since they did not have limited operational time and being able to adjust Phase Shift depending on the energy draw of the weapons. Makes sense that it debuted in Destiny as a technological improvement.

Thanks for all the info, the part about discharging the capacitor is certainly interesting. I had previously been thinking of Phase Shift draining the remaining energy but if Waltfield was talking instead about overloading a capacitor that's an interesting tactic.

Last question. When the suits go into the power-down mode what is still active on the Mobile Suit aside from Life Support? I'm trying to recall if there are any sequences that show what the Strike is still capable of after it's drained the battery so low that PS turns off and the beam weapons are unusable. I know it can still dock with other striker packs and I'm assuming it has limited mobility to assist with recovery operations.
From what we have seen, other than the enwrgy hogging PS armour and rifle, everything else works. Maybe the performance and thrusters etc might be limited but we don see it explicitly.
azrael

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:41 pm Last question. When the suits go into the power-down mode what is still active on the Mobile Suit aside from Life Support? I'm trying to recall if there are any sequences that show what the Strike is still capable of after it's drained the battery so low that PS turns off and the beam weapons are unusable. I know it can still dock with other striker packs and I'm assuming it has limited mobility to assist with recovery operations.
Only systems needed for basic operation (life-support, movement, sensors, communications, etc) or anything that uses less energy. When PS armor powers down, it just means the MS's battery system no longer has sufficient power to keep it or the most power hungry systems ON (namely, the most power hungry offensive and defensive systems) and the MS, essentially, goes into low-power mode, kinda. From there, systems will start powering down as the battery system no longer has the sufficient power to keep each one active (And there is no order, just which ever one draws more power at that moment).
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
MythSearcher

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:41 pm

Last question. When the suits go into the power-down mode what is still active on the Mobile Suit aside from Life Support? I'm trying to recall if there are any sequences that show what the Strike is still capable of after it's drained the battery so low that PS turns off and the beam weapons are unusable. I know it can still dock with other striker packs and I'm assuming it has limited mobility to assist with recovery operations.
Stargazer seems to be the only one talking about the power down of the life support system.
Kuruni

Dig up, because manual of Full Mechanic Raider note how the Mjolnir works. No, the hammer doesn't damage PS armor as they previously told us. Instead, it deliver enough force to damage internal parts under the armor.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Underrated GM Custom

Interesting, so the armor stays in tact but everything beneath it gets crushes due to the shockwave transmitted through the metal then? Guess that would explain why you could see a deformation since the structure holding the armor in place crumpled.