The Official Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Re: The Official Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Mecha Thread Mk I

Well as of the first episode of season 2, we of course get some new mechs.
Spoiler
The Aerial Rebuild is a bit less glossy than its first version, with a darker blue and more mechanical add-ons. Its goes from looking a bit like the G-Self to looking more like something from IBO
. Maybe this might signal a more serious plot line for the second season.

Also at the beginning of the episode
Spoiler
We get a very quick Serial Duel.
The First resemble a Demi Garrison with Purple armor, and is called the Azrawan.
The Second is a Grey unit with claw armor.
The Third is multi armed and covered in laser cannons.
The Fourth looks like a Heindree and a Zowort combined together with focus on blade weaponary.
Lastly the Fifth resembles the Maganac from Gundam Wing.

So is there any information on these units? I can't find names or profiles on the official site. Also will these be made into model kits?
Kuruni

Mafty wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:49 am ] So is there any information on these units? I can't find names or profiles on the official site. Also will these be made into model kits?
They're on Words section, slthough the text isn't up yet. From Japanese Site, they're on just minor MS just like Kapell-Kuu.

(And seriously, why bother cover something that happen before title as spoiler? It isn't like anyone expected Aerial to lose either)
My girlfriend was a loli.
hitokirigarou

New Season 2 MS:
F06-12 アズラワン
FMS-v-3 ホズラーII
AX-B120 ハイペリス
MV-7 ズヴァルヴィ
TKG-333 カペル・ジオ
Dark Duel

Just pulled this from the official site's page on the EDM-GB Gundvolva:

ルブリス・ウルとルブリス・ソーンが装備するモビルスーツ型ガンビット。
コクピットにGUNDフォーマットが組み込まれた無人機。

Ran it through Google Translate:

Mobile Suit-type GUND Bit equipped by Lfrith Ur and Lfrith Thorn. Unmanned unit with GUND Format built into the cockpit.

So it's basically an X-style G-Bit.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Ryujin

Dark Duel wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:46 am Just pulled this from the official site's page on the EDM-GB Gundvola:

ルブリス・ウルとルブリス・ソーンが装備するモビルスーツ型ガンビット。
コクピットにGUNDフォーマットが組み込まれた無人機。

Ran it through Google Translate:

Mobile Suit-type GUND Bit equipped by Lfrith Ur and Lfrith Thorn. Unmanned unit with GUND Format built into the cockpit.

So it's basically an X-style G-Bit.
Völva
It's pretty direct with the Old Norse etymology.
Mafty

Gundam X is kind of obscure as far as Gundam series go, so its neat to actually see a reference to it.

The Gundam News Facebook page even shows a shot by shot comparison to Gundam X to see how the scenes compare.
Janx

I really like Pharacts new rifle/pistol things. It feels more appropriate for such a nimble MS.
yazi88

We had remote units in 00 as well although they were backpack extras for Seravee and Raphael. But yeah, these are pretty much Gund-Format G Bits.
hitokirigarou

Looking at the Pharact and Kapell-Kuu's weapons in Japanese, what are カリヴァ and パチェット?
Seto Kaiba

hitokirigarou wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:53 pm Looking at the Pharact and Kapell-Kuu's weapons in Japanese, what are カリヴァ and パチェット?
Someone's getting fancy with names, lol...

カリヴァ is "Caliver", the term used for an arquebus with a standardized bore in the 16th century. Historically speaking, the caliver is the middle child between the arquebus (a hand-gun with a hook or pole to steady it) and the larger and more powerful muskets that preceded the invention of proper rifles.

パチェット is "Patchett"... but the only thing I can think of that they might be referencing there is L2A1 submachine gun used by the British during the second world war. It was occasionally called the Patchett Machine Carbine after its developer George William Patchett.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
hitokirigarou

Seto Kaiba wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:25 pm カリヴァ is "Caliver", the term used for an arquebus with a standardized bore in the 16th century.+

パチェット is "Patchett"... but the only thing I can think of that they might be referencing there is L2A1 submachine gun used by the British during the second world war.
Thanks for the info. Why would they name the Kapell-Kuu's melee weapon after a gun?
Kuruni

Something I just noticed thanks to Dic Pixiv. Felsi's Dilanza was hit in the back by Gunvolva in episode 14 without taking any serious damage. We also see a Gunvolva get shredded by Chuchu's beam gatling gun.

There are two possibilities. The first is that the Gunvolva are combat models introduced into the school through Shaddiq's manipulation (hard to believe, but possible given how ridiculously powerful he is). In this case, that would mean that 1. even standard Dilanza has toughness on par with a military model, and 2. the low-powered beam used by the students is still strong enough to damage military MS (though it's also possible that Dawn of Fold just can't efford to make MS as tough as real army).

The second possibility, and I think this makes more sense, is that those Gunvolva were made, or at least assembled, in the school in preparation of Shaddiq's plan. And even though Shaddiq can cover their true nature (say, a project proposed by Grasley's engineering students), he still has to made them according to the school's regulation. So unlike the Lfriths, they're only on a par with student MS hardware-wise.
Seto Kaiba

Kuruni wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:14 am There are two possibilities. The first is that the Gunvolva are combat models introduced into the school through Shaddiq's manipulation (hard to believe, but possible given how ridiculously powerful he is). In this case, that would mean that 1. even standard Dilanza has toughness on par with a military model, and 2. the low-powered beam used by the students is still strong enough to damage military MS (though it's also possible that Dawn of Fold just can't efford to make MS as tough as real army).
Dialog in the most recent episode and remarks in The Report of Mobile Suit Gundam: the Witch from Mercury indicate that the first possibility you raise is the truth of the matter.

The description of the combat-use Dilanza Sol mentions that the main difference between the Dilanza Sol and the dueling-use Dilanza operated by students in Asticassia's Jeturk House is an output limiter mandated by the school and the dueling committee which caps its output to approximately 30%. Otherwise, the main differences between the combat-use and dueling-use versions of the Dilanza is more powerful handheld weapons, some additional weaponry (missile launchers), and exchanging the shoulder-mounted armor plates for heavier ones. Removing those software limiters would give the student-use Dilanzas the same power and performance as a military-use Dilanza.

The long and short of it is that the Mobile Suits these students are using to duel with are not toys or mockups. Asticassia's students are using the very same models of Mobile Suit that their sponsor corporations are selling to national militaries, the Benerit Group's private armed forces, and Cathedra's Dominicus Corps. The dueling committee enforces compliance with the school's regulations for dueling with software that prevents attacks on the cockpit and limits the output power of the mobile suit and its weapons.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Underrated GM Custom

I really love the wide array of mecha designs that have been appearing. Although one of the ones shown on the ground looks suspiciously like a reuse of a Gustav Karl. The shoulder weapon placement on the earth raid reminded me a lot of some of my favorite Armored Core designs as well.

Do we have any information on the polearm blade used by Olcott? I'm curious if there's any special qualities to it such being a vibrating weapon or some superior cutting edge.
Kuruni

How shameful! I only noticed with its upgrade that Darilbalde's drones are named in Sanskrit. Isvara, or rather Ishvara, means god as concept, usually refers to Shiva. While Ambika means many things, among them is an alias of Parvati, Shiva's wife.

So if my understanding is correct, the new backpack drones are Furious Shiva, and the new shoulder shield drones are Merciful Parvati.
Seto Kaiba

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:45 am Do we have any information on the polearm blade used by Olcott? I'm curious if there's any special qualities to it such being a vibrating weapon or some superior cutting edge.
Available info is that Olcott's Prodoros is armed with a heat lance.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Underrated GM Custom

Seto Kaiba wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:24 pm
Underrated GM Custom wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:45 am Do we have any information on the polearm blade used by Olcott? I'm curious if there's any special qualities to it such being a vibrating weapon or some superior cutting edge.
Available info is that Olcott's Prodoros is armed with a heat lance.
Well that's interesting. Now that I think about it I think the last time we've seen a heat weapon "glow" has been.... well, I don't recall heat weapons in IBO or 00 so I guess Gundam Seed Destiny. Wonder if Sunrise has moved away from having heat weapons glow while animating.
BrentD15

I'm enjoying watching the mobile suits we're used to seeing from the previous half of the season evolve.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Mafty

Definitely, its cool to see a lot of the earlier duel use MS return to show their skills in actual combat.
Spoiler
The Darilbalde is my favorite suit, and it is nice to see how Guel's grown as a pilot across the series, his fight with Shaddiq was probably my favorite thus far.
Mafty

So is there any info on the ships used? The Space Assembly League seems to field a number of different ships as part of their fleet in the latest battle, but none of them seem to be named.