California Base?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

California Base?

So what exactly happened to the EFF's California Base? It just sort of disappears in any story following the OYW. It seems that with the Zanscare taking over North America, Europe and parts of Asia they'd try to take over the California Base. So was the base decommissioned, or was it destroyed in a later conflict?
Seto Kaiba

Re: California Base?

Mafty wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:23 pm So was the base decommissioned, or was it destroyed in a later conflict?
So, to point out the obvious... like most locations in Gundam, it's only ever discussed if it's directly relevant a story and otherwise might as well cease to exist the instant it's not relevant anymore.

The base's fate is unknown, because it doesn't matter.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
JEFFPIATT

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:07 pm
Mafty wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:23 pm So was the base decommissioned, or was it destroyed in a later conflict?
So, to point out the obvious... like most locations in Gundam, it's only ever discussed if it's directly relevant a story and otherwise might as well cease to exist the instant it's not relevant anymore.

The base's fate is unknown, because it doesn't matter.
it just stopped being Tactically relevant. it has also never been featured in any animated works it's first mention was in the backstory sheets for MSV being the site where the suits used in the Jabaro attack were made then recaptured and it's lines used to make the RGC line. Bandai Namco tends to use Augusta home of the NT-1 and a Newtype lab and Torrington Base from 0083 got a reuse in unicorn.
Kuruni

JEFFPIATT wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:57 am it just stopped being Tactically relevant. it has also never been featured in any animated works it's first mention was in the backstory sheets for MSV being the site where the suits used in the Jabaro attack were made then recaptured and it's lines used to make the RGC line.
Also where Zeon got all submarines.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Mafty wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:23 pm So what exactly happened to the EFF's California Base? It just sort of disappears in any story following the OYW. It seems that with the Zanscare taking over North America, Europe and parts of Asia they'd try to take over the California Base. So was the base decommissioned, or was it destroyed in a later conflict?
Even with Gundam Officials, it just stopped at "After that, California base has became the largest military manufacturing plant only second to Jaburo for supporting EFSF's counterattack." (After it was recaptured by EFF)
Which is pretty clear that it meant during the OYW.

But we can tell that it was not destroyed and is the second largest manufacturing base on Earth, so I doubt they will just abandon it or let it be without good reason.
Mafty

It is kinda odd that the California Base has never appeared is any animated works. Especially because it's supposed to be one of the biggest terrestrial bases. It's also odd that Unicorn didn't show the base since it dealt so much with the EFF Government, and had scenes set in the US already. It almost seems like the California base could fall into not being canon within the Anime (which as been discussed before, Cannon in Gundam is a rather confusing thing at the best of times). That being said are there any Suit backstories that shed light on the base; like where were the Jeagan's made? Or the Penelope and the Gustav Carl? , (the latter two seem more Earth based, I'm not sure if we ever see the Jeagans on Earth).
Kuruni

Mafty wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:19 pm (which as been discussed before, Cannon in Gundam is a rather confusing thing at the best of times)
Really? I think cannon in Gundam is as straightforward as it can be that you can compare it to real life cannon. Although I do not know how it's related to California Base, they produce a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon there or something?
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mafty

Sorry I used the wrong spelling, I meant what is seen as "Canon" (ie, accepted as part of the official Timeline and Continuity), The California Base never appears(or is mentioned) in any Gundam Anime, compared to the other bases and lab's , despite the California Base being so massive, it seems like some of the important Federation UC tech should have been made/tested there.