Gundam 0080 is getting a new manga that retells the anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Gundam 0080 is getting a new manga that retells the anime

I just found out about this. I went over the preview pages from a Japanese website and it looks pretty good so far. It is pretty violent. The prologue seems to flesh out the Cyclops Team and the main cover has Chris going over the Gundam Alex on Earth (it seems)

The manga is being published by Kadokawa and the main person behind it is Hiroyuki Tamakoshi, never heard of him before.

Don't know if I can put a link here but there is a reddit post on it and animenewsnetwork talked about it
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
SonicSP

Re: Gundam 0080 is getting a new manga that retells the anime

Pretty sure you can post articles on it as long as it doesn't have like illegal scans or anything.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

SonicSP wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:49 am Pretty sure you can post articles on it as long as it doesn't have like illegal scans or anything.
nice. this is just a link to the preview pages on a Japanese book website.

https://viewer-trial.bookwalker.jp/03/1 ... nt=7qM_Nkp
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Mafty

Definitely, though to be fair Gundam 0080 was fairly violent itself, so at least they aren't really exaggerating anything from the original.

I wonder if it will ever by translated and sold abroad?
Dark Duel

I just hope this one doesn't go off the rails, narratively speaking, the way the 0083 manga adaptation did.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SonicSP

Mafty wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:27 pmI wonder if it will ever by translated and sold abroad?
By who?
Mafty

Maybe by Viz Media, or whoever it is that translates Gundam Manga.

Also that 0083 manga, is that 0083 Rebellion? If so how does it go off the rails? Does the story diverge from the original anime?
Underrated GM Custom

0083 Rebellion went off the rails in the last few volumes so to speak. I liked it quite a bit in the original where it mostly followed the same plot while introducing some more modeling quirks (Bandai always has to sell more Gunpla of course) but I appreciated them incorporating in 0081 elements and the cameos from 08th MS Team weren't bad in the slighest.

It starts to diverge quite a bit when they get into space. (Well, I guess it started with the Frankenstein Mobile Armor with the Kimberlite forces). I like what they did with Kelley Layzner quite a bit, but there's a lot of things that leave you scratching your head. Certainly a lot of scenes that are more about the spectacle than being realistic. If you have the time I'd say read it for yourself, it does some things well and others...are a bit bizarre.