Gunpla battle 1st test event

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
MythSearcher

Gunpla battle 1st test event

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/road-to-g ... e-project/
They will be holding the test event for Gunpla battle.
Ahem, also don't have high hopes on this because there are a LOT of limitations.
You can only choose from 7 1/144 Gunplas, 6 of which are variations of RX-78s, 1 is Gundam Helios.
including RX-78F00, HGUC no.21, HGUC no.191, HG GTO, HG Beyond Global, EG RX-78-2, Helios.

You can apply paint, but the shape of the parts cannot be changed much.
Decals and stickers can be applied, given that they are from the box items from those 7 or Gundam decal series.
You can use different colour versions, but they cannot be clear or metallic plated colours.(likely messing up the 3D scanners' cameras)
You can select parts given that they are built as is from the manuals(so a Helios headed RX-78-2 with a GTO hand, but built as is likely also means you cannot modify the joints, meaning you won't get a 4 handed beast in this.)
but it cannot be holding guns and shields and have to be scanned with the fist part(hands clenched).
Joints cannot be fixed.(have to be posed to be scanned)
Action Base socket cannot be covered.
Underrated GM Custom

Re: Gunpla battle 1st test event

That's very interesting. I suppose with the popularity of the GBF series they are giving it a go letting young Gunpla builders try to have the same experience they see on screen. Seems very limited for now but that's to be expected for a brand new technology. I'm eager to see where they go from here.
MythSearcher

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:54 pm That's very interesting. I suppose with the popularity of the GBF series they are giving it a go letting young Gunpla builders try to have the same experience they see on screen. Seems very limited for now but that's to be expected for a brand new technology. I'm eager to see where they go from here.
Ah, they do have a demo some years ago. Also, this is not really a new idea, they did have the manga Plamo Wars and the 3 ep. Gunpla builders before this. They likely started development earlier than GBF.
Underrated GM Custom

Oh right, Plamo Wars is pretty old isn't it, that's the one that debuted Perfect Gundam version with the giant legs if I recall. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make a trip out to Japan this year but I'd love to try out the system at some point, sounds like a fun novelty at the very least.