The Official Gundam SEED FREEDOM Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
John-Luck Pickerd

The Official Gundam SEED FREEDOM Anime Thread Mk I

Apparently, Gundam Seed will get more content with the new Project Ignited. With sequel movie, manga, videogames and more.

https://www.facebook.com/gundamglobalpo ... 0635006715

And already there are more information on the manga, feat. Orb Disaster Relief team. Orb might not get involved with other nations wars but they sure do send giant robots as relief team all over the world: https://en.gundam.info/content/seed-ecl ... lPVR8ULywU

And ofc, it ain Gundam without that sweet sweet plastic crack, and with backpacks as it should be for Seed: https://en.gundam.info/content/seed-ecl ... pse/04.jpg
BrentD15

Re: New Gundam Seed project; sequel movie, manga and more

Oh, okay.
I honestly hope that the issues that plagued the first SEED and Destiny don't come back to this sequel series.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Mafty

I hope the manga gets an English translation; SEED seemed popular enough in North America (at least at first), for it to be a possibility. Interesting how Disaster Relief=Giant Robot, but maybe that's just a cover for some kind of Paramilitary organization.

Also awesome that we're finally getting the SEED sequel movie.
Underrated GM Custom

That's very interesting, never would have expected Gundam Seed sequel to be focused on disaster relief. I'm also wondering why the Sword striker backpack would be useful for that.

Has there been any information on who the writer/director will be?
Dark Duel

Eclipse is a manga. Doesn't seem to mention anything as to who the author will be though.
As for the theatrical film, there's nothing specific on that, but I do dimly recall that years back when they initially tried to get that off the ground, it was Fukuda directing and Morosawa writing. I know Morosawa passed away a few years ago, so obviously she's not going to be writing this, but no idea if Fukuda is still involved. Pretty likely though, at least IMO.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
MythSearcher

BrentD15 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:43 am Oh, okay.
I honestly hope that the issues that plagued the first SEED and Destiny don't come back to this sequel series.
Look at the director, I doubt it. I guess it will be better since his wife died, so they will have someone more competent in writing a script and hopefully more balance in office power and not the couple abusing it on top.
Kuruni

I still wish it would feature a kaiju-ish space whale.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:09 pm I still wish it would feature a kaiju-ish space whale.
Me too.
Maybe not kaiju-ish, but a space whale.
Mafty

What happened to the Space Whale anyhow? it was introduced in SEED,then it's never mentioned again. Do you think it may have been part of the original draft of the movie? Since Gundam 00's movie featured aliens, its unlikely this movie would also.
John-Luck Pickerd

Mafty wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:23 am What happened to the Space Whale anyhow? it was introduced in SEED,then it's never mentioned again. Do you think it may have been part of the original draft of the movie? Since Gundam 00's movie featured aliens, its unlikely this movie would also.
The original idea for the movie probably did involved space whales... ofc 00 ended up using the idea.

Honestly, no idea what the hell the movie is going to be about. How exactly do you go from there? Most of the big enemies are gone, and the world of CE needs alot more small "policing actions" than outright giant wars unless Sunrise pulls "hidden very powerful enemy from nowhere".

Space whales... well assuming they dont just go with aliens again, there isnt alot Fukuda need to answer unless he wants to. Its a piece of fossil, it could very well just be a long dead alien specie that wont invade or something.
Mafty

The fossil could be tied to an archeological find that changes everything (Ie like Nadesico or Aldnoah Zero) however Manga side stories (which in Sunrises eyes aren't canon apparently) focus upon settlements on Mars, so probably not.

Also later stories focus upon the Librarian Works a new group which is targeting every faction in the CE from the major players to the Junk Guild. So maybe that's what the movie will focus on.
AGF-Antoine

Mafty wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:20 pm Also later stories focus upon the Librarian Works a new group which is targeting every faction in the CE from the major players to the Junk Guild. So maybe that's what the movie will focus on.
Librarian Works is also the only enemy I can think of.

It is supported by the gap in their already known MS, jumping from GAT-X edits to Nix Providence to Vent Saviour.
(GAT-X edits meaning: Regen Duel, Hail Buster, Nebula Blitz, and Gale Strike)
This leaves room for Librarian Works versions of Aegis, Justice, Freedom, Chaos, Abyss, Gaia, and Impulse.
(Assuming they didn't get data on Calamity, Raider, Forbidden, Destroy, Destiny, Legend, Infinite Justice, Strike Freedom, and Akatsuki)

Also, It seems the script for the movie is already long done, as claimed on AnimeNewsNetwork, here and here.
So possibly a post-mortem credit for Morosawa Chiaki.
Although I could imagine them still kinda changing the plot to today's tastes.
Last edited by AGF-Antoine on Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuruni

...which implies that Cagalli won't be in the film.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

would be nice if Rau comes back . He was the best masked villain.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Mafty

Come to think of it who will be the Char Clone this time around? Do you think they'll use someone from the Manga expanded universe? Or do you think they'll come up with a new character?
Kuruni

New guy, but yet another Al da Flaga clone.
AGF-Antoine

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:08 pm would be nice if Rau comes back . He was the best masked villain.
I think this would be awesome (and possible if the enemy is indeed Librarian Works).
He is the greatest foil to Kira, considering Kira still had a trauma of him when fighting Rey.
Aside of a tag-team of Rau and Rey, there might actually be a new Al Da Flaga clone as well, as Kuruni said.
Who knows, maybe even an actual carbon human version of Al Da Flaga himself.

George Glenn could be win as a carbon human as well.

In the past I recall having read a newspost about Stella's seiyuu saying Stella has a role of some sort in the movie.
Can't seem to find it anywhere, though I am 90% sure it was an AnimeNewsNetwork newspost.
But a carbon human clone of Stella seems to be an ideal foil to Shinn.

Regardless, my main hope is a Gelgoog-counterpart to ZAKU Warrior/Phantom, GOUF Ignited and DOM Trooper.
AGF-Antoine

AGF-Antoine wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:55 am In the past I recall having read a newspost about Stella's seiyuu saying Stella has a role of some sort in the movie.
Can't seem to find it anywhere, though I am 90% sure it was an AnimeNewsNetwork newspost.
But a carbon human clone of Stella seems to be an ideal foil to Shinn.
I found it, it was actually on the Gundam SEED Destiny Wikipedia page.

The literal quote is:
"Houko Kuwashima, voice actress of character Stella Loussier, has stated on her "SEED Club blog" that the character will somehow also have a role in the film."

The further source they give for it is the May 2007 issue of Monthly Gundam Ace.
Mafty

Interesting Kuwashima has actually voiced three seperate characters in CE works (Stellar, Fllay, Natarle), so at first I'd wonder if she'd voice a new character ( Seiyuu in Gundam frequently voice different characters across series). But if Stellar really is coming back then maybe it would be some kind of Ple 12 Unicorn clone situation.

(SPOILER)

Since Stellar died it would be kinda cheesy to bring her back like Mu and Andy, so I'd hope they go the clone route.
Underrated GM Custom

Completely agree, as much as I love Mwu and Andy bringing them back didn't add anything. Mwu's final sacrifice at the end of SEED was perfect, wish they hadn't messed with that.