The Official Gundam SEED FREEDOM Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Re: New Gundam Seed project; sequel movie, manga and more

Astray seems to be rather popular, but the movie will probably focus on an original storyline, rather than an Astray follow up.
yugioh54

Fukuda really wanted a movie even when he gave up in 2014 and made Cross Ange, Sunrise might've gotten more faith from him after making a successful anime again. Granted once the movie is done, does he have anymore ideas for CE? Dendoh Gear Fighter, Cyber Formula and Cross Ange could use a sequel!
Janx

I'm still not really sure what the movie for SEED is even going to be about.

Presumably it'd be their CCA analogue, but every villain in SEED's been killed off. Athrun and sorta Mu are the only Char's left but Athrun is pretty much Char removed of all villainous properties and Mu was only a villain while brainwashed.

Similarly I suppose they're going to have to find a way to stick more guns on Strikier Freedom, and more swords on Infiniter Justice, and figure out what more to give Destiny if Shin's still around.

I don't think Destiny (or SEED much for that matter) handeled the Natural v Coordinator thing well either. Such that I don't know how we'd get a conclusion to that when we've already defeated Blue Cosmos AND Logos.

I can't see them heavily relying on Astray.
Mafty

True, which is a shame really because I though Astray handled storylines better than Seed Destiny did. Still maybe we'll get a few cameo's.

As for the antagonists, it varies. 00 managed quite well without it coming from left field. As for the Cosmic Era , there are a few options. There are factions from the Manga's, like Librarian Works and also the Mars colonies. Or they may just invent something out of whole cloth, after all Seed Destiny introduced a lot of new high ranking characters and side organizations.

It would probably be for the best to introduce a new organization into the fold, however.
yugioh54

Yeah, but like was mentioned Destiny just made new factions that came out of nowhere Durandel and Dijbril. If we're stuck with a movie only villain, it would be disappointing unless they use the lore they created from SEED, they made a great episode about the first coordinator so I don't how much you can dig into that.
I hope we get a character that is related to one of the families from SEED like Flays father, Kira has to be the main character of the movie but it's really characters like Flay or Meer that helped elevate the previous series. Flay's jealousy and fears, Meer's aspirations to be like Lacus.
Mafty

True, really the only thing that would work coming out of nowhere would be Space Aliens, But that would make it a copy of the Gundam 00 Movie. So they will need some kind of plausible antagonistic force. However Manga aside, Mars has been developed in the Anime canon, and their still is that whole Space Whale thing. Maybe they could use it as some sort of Zanscare style cult, or more probably some kind of independent rebellion movement.
yugioh54

Like the Patrick Zala followers that were shown in Destiny and the Break The World Incident, I could also see a scenario where we get to see how the gundams were made but that'd be too much like WING or again the EA did not look good at the end of Destiny and they could just be the bad guys again, granted Stargazer was a great perspective on them. Or even more on Rau, Durandel and Mu, the extendeds, as well as returning to what made The Second Bloody Valentine happen, Heliopolis and how all these factions run. Seeing Lacus and Cagalli as leaders, and what the Ultimate coordinator and SEED mode mean
yugioh54

Anyone pick up that SEED artbook that was promoted awhile back?
Mafty

So Gundam News just released this (and no I'm not the same person who wrote the article.)

https://gundamnews.org/gundam-seed-thea ... JPYMMkYBxs

So what does everyone think? It seems to finally be happening, though there isn't a lot of info yet.
Kuruni

It's about the time to upgrade Freedom. I guess Fukuda think it need super performance boost like Trans-Am and limiter-off Alaya-Vijnana, as well as ability to jack DRAGOON like NT-D and GUND Format score 6, probably photon torpedo as well. Will all of those, Freedom remains the best! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I will wait until they reveal more. Although it's almost certain they will upgrade Freedom.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mafty

It seems quite likely all the main Gundams will be either upgraded, or replaced by a new model in the same line ( i.e., the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice in Seed Destiny)

I also wonder if there might be cameos from the characters and mech's from the side stories?
False Prophet

At this point what kind of upgrades can they put on the Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice and Destiny? Giving the Freedom lightwave barriers? Giving the Destiny the ability to suck energy from other mobile suits like the Gold Frame?
Mafty

Given how overpowered both Gundams already are, its hard to say how exactly they'll top this, unless they try something like a SEED Factor Unicorn or Phenex.
BrentD15

Announcement and date has been announced.
https://twitter.com/SEED_HDRP/status/16 ... 2569560065
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kuruni

I've feeling that they'll name Shinn and Athrun's new Gundam as Destiny Freedom and Justice Freedom.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mafty

The trailer looks amazing
Spoiler
Interesting to see that we'll get more info about that space whale, maybe it will involve aliens, or something to do with the Mars Colonies

Also I totally think the Freedom is going to get an upgrade somehow, Gundam always runs to introduce new mechs, I doubt this will be any different.
yugioh54

Re: The Official Gundam SEED FREEDOM Anime Thread Mk I

CE 75, I guess Fukuda wants the characters to slowly evolve and the trailer looks awesome, TM Revolution will likely perform the movie song. and we get an appearance of the fossil so it connects back to the first coordinator, a good story to mine from. the trailer shows the two people in ZAFT uniform staring at the mobile suits, one is kira the other might be athurn but he was wearing a orb uniform at the end of destiny, unless ZAFT has both freedom and justice. I imagine the Freedom gundam is getting new wings, with a white coat instead of the black in destiny. If this is the finale for the franchise I hope Fukuda can make it work. HE has most of his Gundam Seed crew working on this and I think a few Cross Ange staff
Mafty

Given what happened in Seed Destiny I expect everyone is going to get a new mobile suit, or at least a very upgraded version of their current one (on a side note does anyone else think the Villkis from Cross Ange resembles the Freedom?)

Its interesting to see that the characters are older in this one (and the animation indeed makes Kira and Lacus look like adults). I agree revisiting the first Coordinator is a good idea for a story line, though obviously there needs to be some new factions and characters in this for the story to move forward (there's plenty of other factions like the Librarian Works in side material, but I think they might simply introduce a new faction).
Omega

Mafty wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:46 am Given what happened in Seed Destiny I expect everyone is going to get a new mobile suit, or at least a very upgraded version of their current one (on a side note does anyone else think the Villkis from Cross Ange resembles the Freedom?)

Its interesting to see that the characters are older in this one (and the animation indeed makes Kira and Lacus look like adults). I agree revisiting the first Coordinator is a good idea for a story line, though obviously there needs to be some new factions and characters in this for the story to move forward (there's plenty of other factions like the Librarian Works in side material, but I think they might simply introduce a new faction).
From the look of some early promo art, there technically is, because Kira's uniform actually looks rather different from the standard 'elite' ZAFT one, colors aside

As for MS, i'm expecting CE75 to be a mix of Hathaway's Flash and F91 era stuff for MS used by the major players involved. So probably Heavygun/G-Cannon equivalent suits while we have a Gustav Karl-like suit alongside some upgraded Windams for the EA... ZAFT would be the first case of us getting mono-eye MS built around the 15m size (Unless ZAFT and Orb just merged into a new power)
Mafty

The Windam's were such a cool design (granted they ended up about as useful as a Leo in the end), so hopefully they have a successor in the movie, the Dagger series also seemed rather powerful (especially with the changeable armor settings).

That being said
Spoiler
What exactly is the status of the EA now? They seem fairly weakened after all that's happened.