A Typical Episode of Gundam Seed Destiny

Your own tale of two mecha.
Amion

Re: A Typical Episode of Gundam Seed Destiny

Don't try it, Strike Zero, don't! With Thundermuffin, the possibilities with that are endless! You're already giving him ideas!
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Toxicity

Who needs HD remasters when we have this?
Amion

Because without them Thundermuffin would have no basis on which to make this :P

But yeah, I know! Who needs to watch Destiny and its hatefest of angry Western fans? We have Kio, Amuro, and Shinn to enjoy!
Antares

HE! IS! BACK! My cup runneth over... with awesome-sauce! Woohoo!

Although I have absolutely no idea of AGE (didn't watch), I still stormed through this latest installment with grin akin to a deranged jack-o-lantern. :P

Borderline related, a friend of mine had finally got her hands on the second season of Gundam00. She said she couldn't finish it, because she thought it was so bad (she'd liked S1). So bad even, that she said she'd had go back to GSD for comfort. That had to be the coldest thing anyone had ever said about G00, this thread notwithstanding. :D Ah, Cosmic Era, it's such a love-hate -relationship we have with you. :mrgreen:
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Thundermuffin wrote:
SHINN: (Shakes head) Usually when I want to think about something that happened in the past, everything gets all wavy, or blurry at the edges, or sepia-toned, and I see what happened. But lately I...can't do it so well.
Gotta love those flashbacks. :D

SHINN: (Smirks) Yeah. Who's dumb now?

LUNA: (Looks back at Shinn) I didn't say you were dumb.

SHINN: (Fuming) So the TRUTH comes out! You don't think I'm dumb! (Pauses) Wait...good.
Don't worry Shinn, I still think you're dumb. :mrgreen:

(Meyrin is swallowed up by the wall of white and is silenced. Luna screams for her sister again.)

LUNA: (Anguished) MEYRINNNNN!!! Shinn...it...it took Meyrin!

SHINN: You lost your sister again? (Tilts head) Sooooo...sexytime?

LUNA: NO, SHINN!
Poor Meyrin. :cry: But hey, can you blame Shinn's logic? :roll:

SETSUNA: (Stoically) Shinn Asuka...Lunamaria Hawke...COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.
1,000 points for the Terminator reference. :wink:

SHINN: Let me break it down for you- there are certain rules in Gundam you follow!

(Shinn holds up his hand and starts counting-off.)

SHINN: One! No normal childhood! Your dad and/or your mom were terrible people and/or they died horribly!

LUNA: (Speaks up) Um, my folks were okay and alive.

SHINN: (Turns) Yeah, but you're a girl. No one cares.

LUNA: Hey!

SHINN: (Turns back to Setsuna) Which brings me to TWO! Girls are no good at anything! Except being terrible people or dying horribly!

LUNA: HEY! I'm standing right here!

SHINN: (Whispers aside to Luna) I looooove yooooou. (Back to Setsuna) THREE! NO aliens! We're not freakin' Lacrosse!

LUNA: Macross.

SHINN: Whatever! The greatest threat to mankind is mankind itself and the wars they create! That's the truest and lasting message Tomino passed on to us and all Gundam shows! It's tradition!
Preach it Shinn! :lol:

AMURO: Yes. This is especially true for Gundam. Sure, there have been shake-ups of the formula, but you can only shake the bottle so often before it foams up and over the top and we get style-over-substance stuff like...oh...your show.

SHINN + LUNA: (Simultaneously) HEY!
Hey, the truth hurts. :twisted:

KIO: Are these guys more NPCs?

FLIT: Correct. Interact with them.

KIO: Right.

(Kio turns back to Luna and squints. Luna looks uncomfortable with the scrutiny.)

LUNA: Uh...hello?

KIO: Don't rush me, I don't see a timer! I'm just picking an appropriate response!

LUNA: (Confused) Huh?

(We see from Kio's perspective as he stares at Luna. A list of written options appear below her.)

“Hey, little fella!”

A. Hello.

B. You're pretty.

C.

D. Don't call me “little fella”, you harlot!

KIO: (Considering) Hm, I picked mostly the “nice” options in my playthrough of Age. Maybe I'll be a total dick for this one.

LUNA: (Still confused) Pardon?

KIO: (Shouts) Don't call me “little fella”, you harlot!

LUNA: (Taken aback) Whoa! (Looks to Asemu) Maybe you should keep a lid on your kid!
This. Is. HILARIOUS.

SHINN: Dude, let me just say...I appreciate the turmoil of trying to save some crazy chick, only for some overbearing douchebag who's trying to steal your spotlight butting in and blowing her away.

BANAGHER: Oh...thanks...I think. (Turns to Amuro)

Except Stella deserved to be saved FAR more than Loni. :)

AMURO: Let me ask you something, Bananas...

BANAGHER: (Meekly) Uh, Banagher.

AMURO: Right, let me ask you something, Bonanza... (Leans in close to him, threatening) -What do they have on you?
Priceless.

AMURO: What? Don't be ridiculous- Tomino is just an abstract construct, he doesn't really exist.

SETSUNA: (Solemnly speaks up) There is no Tomino in this world.

AMURO: Well, I shouldn't go that far, but in whatever case, there IS someone at the head of the Gundam table, and we're going to confront him and make him see things our way!
Again, priceless.

(Asemu looks to Kio, who is squinting at Amuro intently. We see through Kio's vision once again.)

“-are you all with me?”

A. Yes!

B. No!

C. Dot Dot Dot!

D. You betcherass, you ****ing ****head!

(After a moment, Kio decides.)

KIO: (Shouts) You betcherass, you ****ing ****head!

AMURO: I appreciate the intensity, kid.
It's kinda sad that the only way to make Kio tolerable is to make him completely OOC.

TO BE CONTINUED!
Hopefully soon. :)
Antares wrote: Borderline related, a friend of mine had finally got her hands on the second season of Gundam00. She said she couldn't finish it, because she thought it was so bad (she'd liked S1). So bad even, that she said she'd had go back to GSD for comfort.
*Shakes head in despair* I'm never gonna understand this divide with people over the two parts of 00.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

I have no personal problem with 00 S2 in and of itself (except for Wangstellujah, who got annoying at times, and Saji, who's pretty much always annoying for much of it).
The movie though, had me going LOLWUT? several times.

EDIT: Hey, I'm a Determined Shonen Hero now. YAY!
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Thundermuffin

I feel like the major problem with 00 Season 2 was that the creators were probably pressured by executives and Bandai to make it more like a standard Gundam show (Mask Guy, Doomed Love Interest, Obviously-Evil Organizations), whereas Season 1 did a lot to avoid a lot of those tropes.

Still, they managed to pull off a lot of the old stuff with some kinda flair in S2, and I personally think the movie was a nice step back in the direction of "doing something new".

In whatever case, thanks for the input/praise, everyone, like usual.

This one's been slowly building in my head since the Seed Remaster ended. I don't think I'll get to Part 2 before Destiny Remastered premieres, but hopefully it won't be too long a wait.

This should only be two parts, anyway, according to the plan. :)
ProfessorMecha

Oh god yes. The Dialogue tree thing is hilarious.
Amion

More dialogue trees! I thought that was the second best part, next to those quotes about Tomino :lol:
AGF-Antoine

Thanks to some people mentioning this in some other topics, I finally got to ROFL about this as well.

The thing I was missing is Irei Haru from Gunpla Builders Beginning G.
He could have been great together with Kio, especially because for him fighting actually IS a game.

Ofcourse Sven Cal Bayang from SEED C.E. 73 Stargazer could have been nice as well.
Especially a Destroy All Coordinators VS a Destroy All Vagan discussion with Geezer Flit.

AGF-Antoine
Antares

AGF-Antoine wrote:Ofcourse Sven Cal Bayang from SEED C.E. 73 Stargazer could have been nice as well.
Can't fit them all into a single story, I suppose. Sven has been included in earlier installments, though.
Sume Gai

AGF-Antoine wrote:The thing I was missing is Irei Haru from Gunpla Builders Beginning G.
He could have been great together with Kio, especially because for him fighting actually IS a game.

AGF-Antoine
No Haru -needs- to be with the villains representing obvious sales pitches, with basically no changes to his dialogue and characterization.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Thundermuffin

False alarm, no new chapter yet.

Had some computer problems and lost some stuff, but I've mostly pieced it back together. Should have the next part soon.

Of course, as always, I've gravely underestimated how long stuff will be, so this'll be more than just two parts. My plan is basically to finish it at least by the time Destiny Remastered finishes.

In the meantime, if anyone's interested, they can watch me and a buddy from the podcast I'm on fail miserably at playing Gundam Extreme VS-

http://blip.tv/fanholes/all-new-all-dif ... er-6573884
Antares

Aaw, poop. I did rush for this thread the second I saw you'd posted something. :D

Take your time. Maybe give us another little teaser? ;)
Thundermuffin

Antares wrote:Take your time. Maybe give us another little teaser? ;)
:)

AMURO: Thanks, doll. How'd you like to come back to my place later and clean my room?
Amion

Now I want it even more, thanks a lot Antares. :roll:

Please hurry, Thundermuffin-sama
Thundermuffin

(On a busy city street, a quantum portal opens. Setsuna steps out first, followed by Amuro, Banagher, Shinn, Luna, and Asunos. Everyone looks up at the skyscraper they have arrived in front of.)

ASEMU: So this is “Central Gundam”?

AMURO: Correct.

(Central Gundam is an incredibly-tall skyscraper, colored primarily white, blue, and red. At the very top, we can spy a giant, distinct “V-chevron” adorning the building.)

SHINN: (Looks around) What's THAT building?

(The rest turn and look behind them, seeing another skyscraper across the street.)

AMURO: That's Central Evangelion.

(Central Evangelion is a similar-looking skyscraper, only its primary colors are purple and green. Suddenly, Central Evangelion sprouts several angelic, ethereal wings and a giant EVA mouth forms out of the side of the building as the group looks up at it.)

BANAGHER: (Freaked) Wha...what the?

AMURO: Yeah, it's always doing that.

SHINN: (Squints) What's that white liquid that's spurting from the top of the building?

AMURO: (Motions back to Central Gundam) Let's go inside before things get awkward, huh?

(The group enter the lobby of Central Gundam. It's largely-deserted, but a very classy lobby. An orchestral, lyric-less version of “Tobe Gundam!” plays softly in the background. A giant statue/fountain of the RX-78 sits in the middle of the lobby, with water spurting from its upraised beam rifle. Everyone in the group looks around with widened, impressed eyes, except for Amuro, who just regards everything with a look of suspicion.)

KIO: (Awed) Woooooooow...

AMURO: We must make our way up this building, encountering peril on every level! Well...some levels. Actually...many of them may be pretty inoffensive. But there WILL be some sort of peril somewhere in there! Believe you me.

LUNA: Can't Setsuna just portal us up to the top?

AMURO: Well...probably, but that's not cool. Haven't you ever seen “The Raid”?

SETSUNA: (Speaks up) My quantum teleportation is unreliable in here. I can only manage line-of-sight jumps.

AMURO: Hm. Perhaps it has to do with this building hugging the fourth wall so closely...

LUNA: (Rolls eyes) Or maybe it's just an excuse for us to get into unexpected and zany situations.

AMURO: See? Why would you say something like that otherwise?

LUNA: (Confused) Huh?

AMURO: Exactly.

ASEMU: So where do we go from here?

SHINN: (Narrows eyes) Just a second, I'll handle this.

(Shinn strides over to a nearby reception desk. A cute girl wearing a headset, with a similar hairstyle and clothes to FRAW BOW sits behind it. She smiles when she sees Shinn come up to the counter.)

RECEPTIONIST: (Cheerfully) Good afternoon, Mr. Asuka. Can I help you?

SHINN: Yeah, we're going up to talk to the boss.

RECEPTIONIST: Pardon?

SHINN: You know- the big-honcho, the top-cheese, the head-banana. How do we get up there?

RECEPTIONIST: (Smiles) Now, Mr. Asuka, no one sees...that person, it simply isn't done.

SHINN: Yeah well, we've got a problem with how business is being conducted in this franchise of late and we're going to take it straight to the top.

RECEPTIONIST: (Still pleasant) No one goes to the top, Mr. Asuka.

SHINN: (Shouts) I AM NOW YELLING SO TELL US WHERE TO GO!

RECEPTIONIST: (Smiling) Sorry, I can't help you.

(Amuro comes by and puts a hand on Shinn's shoulder, moving him aside, then leans on the counter.)

AMURO: Look, sweetheart, if you just kindly open the elevators for us, we can figure things out from there. (Winks) We won't get you in any trouble.

RECEPTIONIST: (Blushes) Well, Mr. Ray, I don't know...

AMURO: I'd consider it a personal favor if you'd just look the other way for me. A smart cookie like you can tell I'm trustworthy, right?

RECEPTIONIST: Tee-hee, okay, you White Devil, you.

(The receptionist pushes a button behind the counter, and two elevators open across the lobby. Amuro smiles and looks back to the receptionist.)

AMURO: Thanks doll. How'd you like to come back to my place later and clean my room?

RECEPTIONIST: (Giggles) Oh, Mr. Ray!

(Amuro and Shinn turn and walk back to the group. Shinn seems impressed.)

SHINN: How'd you do that?

AMURO: You just gotta know how to talk to women. A little of the right kind of attention and they're colony wall-sealing putty in your hands.

SHINN: (Musing) Really...

AMURO: Just wink and smile and call them “doll” or “toots”. They love that.

(Amuro and Shinn return to the others, who have been waiting patiently. Flit is eying the elevators and greets Amuro.)

FLIT: So, what is your plan?

AMURO: Well, gramps, we'll have to split up into two groups and each take an elevator. I'm not sure which floor is the top, so we'll have to guess and check out random levels to be sure.

FLIT: That seems...imprecise.

AMURO: How will we get into unexpected and zany situations otherwise?

FLIT: (Sighs) Point taken.

AMURO: Still, this is important. Hopefully my Newtype senses will be able to pinpoint the right level before too long. (Turns to Banagher) You'll be in the other group, Beetlejuice. We should split our Newtypes up.

BANAGHER: Well, if you say so.

AMURO: (Motions around) I'll take the old guy, the kid, and the chick.

LUNA: Can you not call me a chick?

AMURO: Sorry, toots, I'm from the seventies. I don't have to justify myself.

LUNA: (Glares) You are a pig. Shinn, tell him he's a pig.

SHINN: Hey, don't boss me around, toots!

(Luna turns and belts Shinn in the gut.)

SHINN: (Doubles over) URK!

LUNA: (Mutters) Let's just get this over with.

(Luna stalks over to one of the elevators and Flit and Kio follow her. Amuro looks to Setsuna, Asemu, Banagher, and Shinn.)

AMURO: The rest of you, take the other elevator and hopefully we'll meet at the top.

SHINN: (Recovering) Do we win anything if we get there first?

AMURO: Uh...sure, how about a free box of Amur-Os?

SHINN: (Folds his arms and looks away) Psh. I already have a lifetime supply of those.

AMURO: Well...how about I sign one of them?

(Shinn looks back at Amuro and pauses, then narrows his eyes.)

SHINN: Your terms are acceptable.

(Amuro nods and the rest board the elevators.)

AMURO: Good luck to us all.

(The elevators close and both groups are on their way up. Within the first one, a pleasant “elevator-music” version of “Tobe Gundam!” plays as Amuro's group begin their ride. Luna is leaning casually against a wall and she glances over at Flit and Kio. She seems to realize something and stands up straight.)

LUNA: (To Amuro) Wait a moment...shouldn't the old man and the kid be split-up?

AMURO: Eh? Why?

LUNA: Aren't they...ah...X-Men or whatever?

FLIT: I think you mean “X-Rounders”, miss.

LUNA: (Rolls eyes) Right, that's a lot better. But you see where I'm going with this?

AMURO: No, not really.

LUNA: You said to split the Newtypes...shouldn't that apply to them?

AMURO: (Incredulously) What?? Knock-off Newtypes? Please.

FLIT: (Annoyed) I'd prefer you not refer to us as “knock-offs”. Right, Kio?

(Flit regards his grandson. Kio returns the look and squints.)

“Right, Kio?

A. Yeah!

B. I don't care!

C.

D. I'll knock YOU off, Oh-Gee-Chan!

(Kio decides.)

KIO: (Looks away) I don't care!

FLIT: (Sternly) Have some pride, Kio.

AMURO: Well, it's true, isn't it? SEED Factor, Innovator, X-Rounder...two of those are worth ONE Newtype...barely.

LUNA: You know, it's this entitled attitude right here that turns people off.

AMURO: Entitled?? I'm trying to save us all here, so I don't need any back-lip from a-

LUNA: (Interrupts) -What? A Seed character?

AMURO: I was gonna say “woman”.

LUNA: (Mutters) Oh you mother-

AMURO: (Hits a button on the wall) Let's check a floor, shall we?

(The quartet exit the elevator and find themselves in a large, industrial-type room. There are automated conveyor belts everywhere and open boxes of plastic parts. Amuro looks around for a moment.)

AMURO: Hm, I think we hit the floor where they engineer and manufacture all the Gunpla and toy merchandise for the franchise.

(Kio spies something on a nearby table and abruptly becomes excited.)

KIO: Oh cool!

FLIT: Kio?

(Kio runs over and snags a completed Gundam AGE-FX model up and begins playing with it.)

KIO: (“Flying” it around) Take that, Vagan scum! C-Funnels, eviscerate!

FLIT: (Folds his arms) Hm, I should disapprove of you playing with toys at your age, but you seem to have the right idea. Carry on.

(Kio runs off-screen, still playing with the model. Amuro and Luna examine some bins of plastic parts.)

LUNA: Maybe I should look around and see if I can find a Robot Damashii or MSIA Destiny Gundam for Shinn...

AMURO: Psh. What? Those under-detailed, tiny baby toys? You need to get him an Ultra-Master-Hyper-Grade model with LED eyes and like...fifty joints in its ass alone.

LUNA: (Rolls her eyes) Not everyone likes model kits.

AMURO: What's wrong with models?

LUNA: Well...

(Flashback. Luna sits on the floor of a room, the contents of a Destiny Gundam model kit strewn around her. Luna turns a manual around in her hands, frustrated.)

LUNA: Shinn? Have you see runner 8-F? I'm looking for piece F-43.

(Shinn flails into view, with two model-piece runners stuck over his wrists and one empty runner frame around his neck.

SHINN: (Struggling) Ur-URGHK!!!

(Shinn coughs and dozens of plastic pieces spray out of his mouth. Without looking from the manual, Luna reaches down and grabs one of the pieces Shinn just threw up.)

LUNA: Ah. Thanks.

SHINN: (Hoarsely) Welcome.

(End flashback. Luna frowns.)

LUNA: They are child safety hazards.

AMURO: (Shrugs) If you say so. Anyway, we're wasting time in here. Let's try another floor.

KID: (Off-screen) Not so fast!

(Amuro, Luna, and Flit turn to see KID SALSAMILLE standing before them, arms folded.)

LUNA: Oh, hi.

KID: You weren't going to leave without meeting the guy in charge of this floor, were you?

AMURO: Well...yeah, kinda.

LUNA: You're in charge? You're so young!

FLIT: Don't underestimate him. I was building REAL mobile suits at his age.

KID: (Smirks) Oh, I can build “real” stuff too, Pops. But since my series ended, this is a nice cushy retirement job!

LUNA: Who are you?

KID: (Confidently) I'm Kid Salsamille! Mechanic and engineer extraordinaire! (Looks to Amuro) Perhaps you've heard of me?

AMURO: Sorry...no.

KID: I'm from Gundam X.

AMURO: (Confused) What the hell is “Gundam X”?

KID: (Grumbles) Never mind.

LUNA: Wait, you're a kid...and your name is “Kid”?

KID: (Annoyed) Oh shut up, like YOUR name is so good.

LUNA: It IS good. I mean, “Lunamaria Hawke”? (Smirks) So cool it almost sounds made-up.

KID: (Deflated) Yeah...yeah, that is pretty good.

(Kid shoves his hands in his pockets and awkwardly moves some dust around with his foot.)

KID: Annn-y-way, as you've already surmised, this is where we create all the models and toys for the Gundam franchise.

(Luna raises her hand.)

LUNA: Uh, would you happen to have a Destiny Gundam toy lying around that I could snag for my boyfriend?

(Kid blindly reaches off-screen, pulling a toy out from nowhere.)

KID: Here you go.

(Kid hands Luna a primarily-orange colored Destiny Gundam toy. Luna looks at it in confusion.)

LUNA: Orange?

KID: (Scratches head) Huh? Oh yeah, that must be the Heine Westenfluss Custom.

LUNA: (Dubiously) Whaaat? Heine never piloted the Destiny.

KID: But he MIGHT have! That's reason enough for a new toy!

LUNA: Seems kinda...lazy.

KID: (Defensive) Hey! It's pretty difficult coming up with suitable recolors and variants, you know! Those guys in marketing are picky!

(One of Kid's assistants, ROCOCO, approaches him from the right, holding an unpainted Zaku model.)

ROCOCO: Uh, chief? We need a variant for this new Zaku model.

(Straight-faced and without looking, Kid pulls a can of spray paint from behind himself and coats the Zaku and most of Rococo's hand red.)

KID: Char Aznable Custom. Print it.

(Rococo nods and walks off again. From the left, another assistant- NINE, approaches Kid. He's holding an unpainted Gundam-type model.)

NINE: Chief? New variant?

(Again, Kid doesn't even look at his assistant, pulls another can of spray paint out, and coats the model in black paint.)

KID: Evil version. Print it.

(Luna is examining the Destiny Gundam toy. A piece falls off it and she sighs in frustration.)

LUNA: Ohhh, this is a model! Don't you have just a regular toy of the Destiny?

KID: Well yeah, but why would you want that when you can get an Ultra-Master-Hyper-Grade model with LED eyes and like...fifty joints in its ass alone?

AMURO: (Motions at Kid, validated) See? That what I said too!

LUNA: (Annoyed) Some. People. Do not. Like. Models! Yeesh!

KID: But model kits are essential to this franchise! Models allow Gundam enthusiasts to heroically skirt the line between “fan” and “hobbyist”!

LUNA: (Rolls eyes) I don't like putting that much work into being a fan of something.

FLIT: (Shrugs) It's all the same to me. They're all just toys, no matter what you call them.

KID: No one asked you, Oldie...Oldington!!!

FLIT: (Shakes head) It doesn't even matter. We're wasting time here anyhow. We've got to move on.

AMURO: Yeah, you're right. Let's hop back in the elevator.

KID: Oh...I'm afraid we can't let you do that.

(We pan back to Kid, who is now shouldering a large bazooka he's produced from absolutely-nowhere. On either side of him, Rococo and Nine point pistols at the others.)

AMURO: Oh, it's like this now?

KID: It was always like this, you cretins! The nerve of you people!

AMURO: “You people?”

KID: (Unhinged) You really think you'll be allowed up top? You think you'll get to see the boss?? You think you'll be able to CHANGE GUNDAM???

AMURO: That would be the goal.

KID: Stupid, stupid dumb idiot morons! NO ONE goes to the top! You should know that!

FLIT: Are you threatening us, son?

LUNA: (Nervously) They are pointing firearms at us. That seems threatening.

ROCOCO: (Quivering) Yeah, don't mess with us, man!

NINE: (Wildly waving pistol back and forth) We'll shoot bullets from our guns into you!

(Kid steps forward a little, still aiming his bazooka directly at Amuro, Luna, and Flit.)

KID: Now this is what is going to happen! We're going to come with you back into the elevator, and we're going to go DOWN, not UP, and you're going to leave and forgot all about changing Gundam!

AMURO: (Stares him down) You know I can't do that.

KID: You have no choice! Now get back before I- ! (Suddenly pauses and blinks in confusion) Waitamo...weren't there four of you??

KIO: (Off-screen) CHAIR BURST MODE!!!

(Kid, Nine, and Rococo whirl to their right to see Kio rolling towards them, crouched on a rapidly-moving computer chair. Before they can do anything, he leaps off and clotheslines both Rococo and Nine, knocking them over.)

ROCOCO: Fuh!

NINE: Ungh!

(Kio lands, rolls and springs up, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a handful of the Age-FX model's tiny plastic C-Funnels.)

KIO: Go! C-Funnels!

(Kio throws the entire fistful of toy C-Funnels at Kid's head. A few hit Kid right in the face. He recoils in pain and drops his bazooka.)

KID: (Pained) AIGH, MY EYEEEEES!!!

(Kid sinks to his knees, crying and clutching at his face as Amuro and Flit quickly run by him and relieve Nine and Rococo of their weapons, pinning them to the ground. Amuro looks over at Kid as he cries, holding his face.)

AMURO: Huh. They really are child safety hazards.

LUNA: (Walks up) Toldja.

(Still kneeling on Nine and pinning him to the ground, Amuro looks to Kio, who is catching his breath.)

AMURO: Good job, kid!

FLIT: (Nods approvingly) That's Kio Asuno- my grandson!

(Amuro looks over at Flit, giving him an odd look.)

AMURO: Yeah uh...we know.

(Luna puts her hand on Kio's shoulder, smiling.)

LUNA: That was amazing, Kio!

(Kio looks up at Luna and squints. We see from Kio's vision once more.)

“That was amazing, Kio!”

A. Thanks.

B. I need an adult!

C. Cram it, bimbo!

D. ...

(Kio decides.)

KIO: (Shouts) Cram it, bimbo!

LUNA: (Still smiling) You know, I think you're starting to grow on me.

(Amuro walks over to Kid, who is still rubbing his eyes and whimpering on the ground.)

AMURO: Well. I guess it takes a kid to beat a “Kid”, huh?

KID: (Petulantly) Ha-ha-ha-ha-SHUT-UP!! You're not funny!

AMURO: You should have just let us go on our way. C'mon, gang.

(Amuro motions to the others, and they follow him back toward the elevator. Kid addresses them again as they walk away.)

KID: (Sniffling) You guys'll never reach the top! And even if you do, you won't be able to change things!

(Everyone is in the elevator again, except for Amuro. He turns back to Kid.)

AMURO: We'll see. In the meantime, why don't you go make about a dozen new RX-78 models? Not enough of those around.

KID: (Composed again, thinking) Well, you know, that IS true...

AMURO: Adios.

(The elevator closes and is on its way up again. Luna looks worried.)

LUNA: Well, that was kinda unpleasant.

AMURO: Yeah. I did tell Setsuna to expect trouble on our way up. I hope the others have better luck than we do.

LUNA: (Concerned) Shinn...

(We cut to the other group, riding their elevator. Setsuna stands stock still in the center, Asemu leans against the far wall with his eyes closed, Banagher looks nervous off to the side, and Shinn impatiently paces back-and-forth. Asemu opens an eye and peers at the agitated Shinn.)

ASEMU: (To Shinn) You wanna calm down?

SHINN: I can't calm down! I have various states of being, but NONE of them are calm! It's part of my charm!

ASEMU: Well, I guess that's fine. We are probably expecting trouble on one or more of these floors, after all.

SHINN: If there's a fight, I need to be keyed-up!

BANAGHER: But is it absolutely-necessary that we fight? Maybe we can just talk things out...?

SETSUNA: (Nods) Understanding each other is the key to the future.

SHINN: (Rolls eyes) Dammit, why do I always end up in some goddamn hippie brigade??

ASEMU: I've got no issue doing what needs to be done, but sometimes you've got to take a step back and ask yourself...do I really want to kill this person?

SHINN: Yeah, I don't think about it in that much detail. Also, anyone I might regret killing usually ends up magically-not-really-dead, so...yeah.

BANAGHER: Should we stop and check what floor we're on?

ASEMU: Probably.

(Banagher reaches out and hits a button in the elevator, and it halts. The door opens and the four file out and look around. The decor of this floor appears to be completely red- the floors, doors, and wallpaper are all crimson.)

ASEMU: (Whistles) Someone really likes red.

BANAGHER: (Worried) And there's no one in Gundam like that, right?

SETSUNA: Clearly.

(Setsuna motions to a sign on the wall, leading everyone's eyes there. The sign reads “CHAR FLOOR”.)

BANAGHER: Uh-oh. Yeah. This must be where they develop Chars.

SHINN: (Scoffs) So what? We should ask around and see if they know how to get to the top.

SETSUNA: No, I believe we should leave as soon as possible.

ASEMU: Yeah, this strikes me as a potentially-hostile environment.

ZEHEART: (Off-screen) Oh, it is.

(Everyone whirls to the right to see ZEHEART GALETTE standing at the end of the corridor, in red garb and wearing his mask. Asemu bristles at the sight of his rival/one-time best friend.)

ASEMU: (Shouts) ZEHEART!!!

(Asemu and Zeheart lock icy-yet-conflicted stares as Setsuna turns around to examine the elevator again.)

ZEHEART: We cannot allow you to leave this floor.

SHINN: Oh yeah? And how are you gonna stop us??

SETSUNA: (Announces from off-screen) The elevator door has closed and will not reopen.

SHINN: (Comically mugs) D'OH!

FULL FRONTAL: (Off-screen) Greetings, Banagher-kun!

(Banagher's eyes widen and he and Shinn turn to the left to behold FULL FRONTAL standing on the other side of the corridor. He's COMPLETELY-NAKED, aside from his mask.)

BANAGHER: (Recoils) Aah!

SHINN: (Covers eyes) Geez, dude!

FULL FRONTAL: You cannot interfere with our work here, boy. You must be subdued!

(Full Frontal charges at the group. Shinn dives aside as Frontal tackles a stunned Banagher and slams him against a nearby wall. Shinn gets up and looks to Asemu, who is still staring intently at Zeheart.)

ASEMU: Zeheart...

ZEHEART: Asemu...

ASEMU: (Shouts) ZEY-HAAAAR-TO!!!

ZEHEART: (Shouts) AH-SEM-UUH!!!

SHINN: (Confused) Pirate-guy?

ATHRUN: (Off-screen) You should worry more about yourself, Shinn!

(Shinn whirls back to where Full Frontal came from and sees ATHRUN ZALA standing there. Shinn frowns and puts his hands on his hips.)

SHINN: Whaaat? You're not a Char.

ATHRUN: Yes I am. Technically I count.

SHINN: (Unimpressed) Oh please.

ATHRUN: Seriously, Shinn. We have to stop you from reaching the top of this building.

SHINN: Psh. You and what army?

ATHRUN: This one!

(From behind Athrun, RAU LE CREUSET, NEO ROANOKE, REY ZA BURREL, and GILBERT DURANDAL all appear. Shinn's eyes widen in shock.)

SHINN: What the-??

REY: Yes, we are all Chars, Shinn.

NEO: (Looks around) Oie, oie, there were a lot of us in Cosmic Era.

DURANDAL: I think we were “quantity over quality”, sadly.

ATHRUN: (Points at Shinn) Geddum.

RAU: (Laughs insanely) TOAST POINTS!!!

(All five of them rush Shinn.)

SHINN: Gah!

(Shinn tries to backpedal, but gets tackled by ALL of them at once, ending up on the bottom of a giant dogpile. Meanwhile nearby, Full Frontal has pinned Banagher's arm behind his back and is pressing him face-first against the wall.)

BANAGHER: Aigh! Let go!

FULL FRONTAL: If you wish to make a difference, you should become a vessel, as I am.

BANAGHER: Huh??

FULL FRONTAL: (Musing) Yes, if you have the fortitude for it, you too could become a vessel.

BANAGHER: A what?

FULL FRONTAL: You know- a vessel! Something that is filled with something else!

BANAGHER: Can you NOT talk like that while I'm in this position and you're naked??

(Cut back to Asemu and Zeheart, who are still staring each other down, now shouting back-and-forth.)

ZEHEART: (Shouts) AH-SEM-UUH!!!

ASEMU: (Shouts) ZEY-HAAAAR-TO!!!

(Shinn screams from under the dogpile.)

SHINN: Dammit, shut up! You guys remind me of two guys I hate!!

ATHRUN: Are you talking about me and Kira?

SHINN: (Sarcastically) NO! I'm talking about Sai and Kuzzey!

ATHRUN: NO ONE talks about Sai and Kuzzey! You'll suffer for your lies, Shinn!

(Meanwhile, as Shinn and Banagher struggle against their foes and Asemu and Zeheart continue to shout at each other, Setsuna examines the elevator. He breaks the panel off the buttons, and holds his hand up to them. It reforms into liquid metal and flows freely into the mechanism as Setsuna's eyes glow Innovator-orange. Finally, a few sparks fly out and the elevator door jerks open again. Setsuna withdraws his hand and looks to the others.)

SETSUNA: We have to go.

(Setsuna quantum-teleports right next to Banagher and Full Frontal.)

FULL FRONTAL: (Confused) What's this?

(Setsuna puts his hand on Banagher's shoulder, and the two vanish in a cloud of green sparkles. Full Frontal steadies himself after losing his grip on Banagher and looks side-to-side, bewildered.)

FULL FRONTAL: How did- ?

(Banagher and Setsuna materialize behind him. Banagher plants his feet and delivers a solid kick to between Full Frontal's legs from behind.)

FULL FRONTAL: (Instantly crumbles) URK! M-my Red Comet!

BANAGHER: When you dress like that, you're just asking for a dick kick, dick.

(They leave Full Frontal gasping on the ground and clutching his groin. As Banagher runs to Asemu, Setsuna turns his attention to Shinn, who is still struggling under the dogpile.)

SETSUNA: Shinn Asuka?

SHINN: (Concentrating) I-I got this!

(Shinn grits his teeth and focuses. His pupils dilate and he clenches his fists.)

SHINN: I feel the need...the need, for SEED!

(Shinn goes into SEED Mode and strains- the dogpile begins to rise slightly.)

REY: (Alarmed) Look out! He's using retard strength!

SHINN: GYAAAAAAAAH!!!

(Shinn leaps to his feet and throws everyone off him. Everyone goes flying and lands all over the place. Shinn puts his hands on his knees and catches his breath. Setsuna walks over and offers him a hand.)

SETSUNA: Impressive. But we should depart.

SHINN: (Nods) Yeah.

(As they turn to leave, Athrun crawls back over and grabs onto Shinn's leg.)

ATHRUN: (Pleading) Shinn...please. You guys can't go to the top. You'll ruin Gundam. Ruin it forever.

(Shinn narrows his eyes at Athrun and speaks in a low voice.)

SHINN: (Action hero-y) Subscription...canceled.

(Shinn awkwardly drags his foot out of Athrun's grasp and pushes him away with it, then jogs over to help Banagher, who is now dragging a still-shouting Asemu toward the elevator.)

ASEMU: ZEY-HAAAAR-TO!!!

ZEHEART: (Off-screen) AH-SEM-UUH!!!

BANAGHER: (Struggling) Help me get him out of here before these two anti-climax!!!

SHINN: Right. (Sighs) I know how that is.

(Shinn grabs Asemu's other arm and helps pull him into the elevator. Only Setsuna remains outside as he fiddles with the panel again to make the elevator close. Suddenly, before he can cross the threshold, MR. BUSHIDO leaps in-between him and the door.)

MR. BUSHIDO: You'll never escape without dueling me first, young ma- !

(Even as Mr. Bushido talks, Setsuna simply quantum-teleports away. Mr. Bushido turns around and sees Setsuna materialize inside the elevator, which then closes. The elevator chimes to indicate it has begun moving again. Alone and motionless for a few seconds, Mr. Bushido abruptly drops to his knees.)

MR. BUSHIDO: Bushido demands that I atone for this failure!

(Mr. Bushido draws a short sword from his garb and stabs himself in the gut with it, collapsing.)

MR. BUSHIDO: (Weakly) I need to start making better life choices. (Dies)

ZEHEART: (Off-screen) AH-SEM-UUH!!!

(Aboard the elevator, everyone's collecting themselves, aside from Setsuna, who seems to be in a constant state of collection nowadays.)

BANAGHER: (Wipes his brow) Phew, that sucked.

ASEMU: (Unnerved) I-I can't believe it.

SHINN: I told you there'd be a fight! There always is!

ASEMU: Sorry, guys...sorry. I just lost my ZOINKS in there when I saw Zeheart.

(Shinn turns and glares at Asemu.)

SHINN: My god, the dramatics! You bitches just need to hug it out! Why is everything such a big production? Why can't any two good rivals in Gundam just settle their differences straightforwardly?? AIGH! (Shinn doubles-over and grabs his hair in frustration) I'm all rattled now! Stupid Athrun!!! Stupid FREEEEEEDOMMMMM!!!

(Setsuna puts a comforting hand on Shinn's shoulder.)

SETSUNA: Calm yourself, Shinn Asuka. This was only the first trial we'll have to endure here.

BANAGHER: (Cringes) I just hope there's no more naked men.

ASEMU: (Dejectedly) You know there will be.

BANAGHER: Just saying that the ratio of naked men I see to naked women is not great.

SETSUNA: Just remain focused. The fourth wall is very thin in this building, so anything you suggest out loud might be predisposed to really happen.

BANAGHER: Oh, what does that even mean??

ASEMU: I think we just need a break or something.

(Shinn stands up straight again, looking confidently at the others.)

SHINN: Let's continue our journey! I'm sure the next floor will yield ever more surprises and challenges for us to surmount!

(Everyone else looks at Shinn with odd expressions. He looks back at them in confusion.)

SHINN: Yeah, I have no idea why I said that either.

TO BE CONTINUED!
Amion

Simply awesome, I LOLed like crazy. The best part was the Char room, simply hilarious, that and the beginning. Tobe Gundam playing in the background was a perfect touch. Simply another awesome win.

Ahem, BRING MORE.
Antares

Ooooooh the CE references still... so... good. :D
(From behind Athrun, RAU LE CREUSET, NEO ROANOKE, REY ZA BURREL, and GILBERT DURANDAL all appear. Shinn's eyes widen in shock.)

SHINN: What the-??

REY: Yes, we are all Chars, Shinn.

NEO: (Looks around) Oie, oie, there were a lot of us in Cosmic Era.

DURANDAL: I think we were “quantity over quality”, sadly.
and my all time new comment about Shinn:
REY: (Alarmed) Look out! He's using retard strength!
Oh my (with George Takei intonation).... :mrgreen:
Arbiter GUNDAM

I'm assuming that Central Macross is a building that gets covered in holograms of singers like Sharon Apple, Sheryl and Ranka? :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion