Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
SNT1

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oh, I'm sure Shinji's far out of this show with Ward's shenanigans at this point :mrgreen:
Spoiler
There's no "good Ward", and probably never was. He enjoyed torturing Bobbi a bit too much, though he would have had his ass kicked if it was a pure 1v1 scenario. In a way he still gets 'nailed' by May once again here; I wonder if he finds a way to blame others out of this one! :lol: .
Star Wars references aplenty:
Spoiler
-Jiaying's Sith speeches "SHIELD is evil", "join me and we can rule as mother and daughter"
-Skye's SOS: It's a trap
-Coulson's hand
-Cal being an Anakin dispatching a Sidious
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Destiny_Gundam

So, season 3: Do you guys think Skye will cut her hair short and go by her real name, or stay as she always has?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dark Duel

I missed the season finale due to reasons. And to be perfectly honest, after this past season, I doubt I will continue watching AoS because to me this past season has been...mostly lackluster. The development with Skye/Daisy and her messed-up family + the other Inhumans was mildly interesting, but the rest of the stuff got to the point to me where it was really sort of a chore to sit through.
I mean it was decent, but IMO not as good as the first, and not good enough to leave me wanting more the way the first season did.
I may check out the next season when it starts, but frankly that's not likely at this point.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
phillosmaster

I'm just happy that most of the plot threads that I really struggled with were all wrapped by the finale's conclusion. The two SHIELD conflict, the May/Coulsen conflict, the Raina stuff, the Jiaying stuff, the Fitz Simmons feud, the Mac acting like a puss stuff... There was a lot of good stuff this season, but there was baggage that came with it just like last season.

Probably the stuff I like most from this season was all the Hunter stuff, the Bobbi stuff, all the Whitehall stuff (I kinda wish he stayed around longer), all the Fitz stuff (except that silly ass Turbo nickname) and the introduction of Inhumanity (along with that nice foreshadowing at the end of the season to set up for a larger Inhuman population). Also the Skye and her father stuff actually worked for me and resolve in a pretty touching way.

I guess I continue to have a love hate relationship with this show, but I keep watching it so that's something.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Wellman

Destiny_Gundam wrote:So, season 3: Do you guys think Skye will cut her hair short and go by her real name, or stay as she always has?
She might cut the hair, but I would guess everyone still calls her Skye, they might make a note that she has legally took Daisy in as either a new first name or middle name she never uses but given its been two seasons of most of the major characters calling her one thing, I don't think they will change that going forward.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, that's one question answered.

Thank God they didn't go super short like in the comics. It looks good.
Destiny_Gundam

And second question answered.

It's always weird when a character changes their name after so long. Takes some getting used to.
Destiny_Gundam

Well I'd say season 3 is off to a good start.

And hey, we got the first openly gay MCU character.
SNT1

I think S3, in its first two episodes, has had a better start than both S1 and S2 (and S2.5, almost counts as a separate start too, since it was after Agent Carter). Maybe I like how Daisy has become more of a leader. I do miss Coulson wearing a suit all the time, though.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
SNT1

If you guys have been slacking off on this show, I gotta say you're missing out on a lot. They've pretty much covered a lot of ground in the 6 episodes they've shown, not lingering on plots that otherwise can be stretched through an entire season. The only plot line that I can see stretching is Daisy's Secret Warrior team formation.

I can see this show leading up to what may happen in CA: Civil War but at the same time I do not know how they would get there. But a good start overall, a far, far cry from the first 15 episodes of S1.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

Oh yeah, this season's really hit the ground running in a good way. And as for that last episode...
HOLY. CRAP.
I mean, I kinda guessed it wouldn't be that one guy they went after - seemed way too obvious. But who it actually turned out to be?...
DAMN. I, for one, did NOT see that coming.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

Things turned out as I figured.
Spoiler
I knew they were going to have to kill off Ward this season but they figured out a way to keep Brett Dalton around at least.
SNT1

It's been a wild ride, this Season 3A. It's a long wait until March! I like almost everything about it, save for a few tidbits, especially the last few episodes:
Spoiler
Underutilized Bobbi - A crowded cast, and with Secret Warriors forming I think Palicki can headline her own TV series (along with Blood/Hunter).

Underutilized Daisy (at least, her powers) - I understand that her computer skills required her being the point guard/quarterback for all the fields agents, but consider that her Avengers-worthy power can flatten just about any opposition, though I guess it would be a bit too boring if she just had her opponents one-shotted by internal shattering.

Is this not an Avengers level threat? At least it seems to be more so than the Strucker Sr./Loki's staff deal, IMO, if "it" is really as threatening as they say it would be.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Destiny_Gundam

So another season in the books.
Spoiler
Lincoln being the one to die does kinda feel like the cheap option, but I did like him well enough and he went out in a good way.

What little we see of Hive's true form was pretty impressive.

Guess we'll have to see how season 4 handles her, but for now it feels like they threw all of Daisy's development out the window. She's basically regressed to the loner she was at the start of the series, only now with super powers.

And hey, LMDs.
Season 4 will be moving to the 10 pm timeslot. People are theorizing that the new ABC CEO is trying to kill the show so next season might be the last. Overall I liked season 3 okay, but I didn't quite feel so enthused about it as with previous seasons. Might be because Gotham as been so damn good recently...
Areku

I have some fixed feelings about S3, but overall I still liked it and plan to watch S4.
Spoiler
Of particular, conflicting note was Hive/Not-Ward, which was half eyebrow-arching ham-and-cheese McMuffin absurdity and half genuinely terrifying, "where the hell are the Avengers -- all of them!"-level threatening.

The Bobbi/Hunter departure felt extremely forced and contrived. In the absence of them doing something interesting elsewhere, it feels like Marvel missed an opportunity to actually, meaningfully kill off a "good" character who wasn't narratively structured around their own death. I'm sorry, but while I liked both Andrew and Lincoln, their spiral toward self-sacrifice was telegraphed so far in advance that they kinda wore out the emotional investment.

It's a bit hard to believe, and fairly disappointing, that there were exactly two Kree that responded to the beacon, with no follow-up investigations.

That final 6-month timeskip also seemed extremely hasty, seemingly throwing away a lot of character development while doing nothing to intrigue me.
It's times like these that I wish I was better at providing compliments, cause there was a lot that I felt this season did well, but alas, I'm too prone to criticism.
Dark Duel

Two consecutive seasons out of three so far that I have completely lost interest in, to the point of dropping it before the finale. It happened with S2, and now again with S3.
Spoiler
Last time around, I dropped it because I got bored with/tired of the pseudo-political pissing contest, if you'll excuse the term, between Coulson and Edward James Olmos's character - who by the way was, IMO, so utterly forgettable that I can't even remember the dude's name.
The stuff with Skye's mom and the Inhumans, including the indescribably bland token boyfriend character(whose name I can't remember either) was marginally more interesting at first, but dragged on way too long IMO.

This time around, I'm not entirely sure why I lost interest.
Part of it was that I was long, long since sick and tired of looking at Brett Dalton's face, and felt he should have been killed off ages earlier than he was, and then left there instead of brought back as a meat puppet for some super-powered parasite.
Part of it was probably that Gideon Malick has to be probably the least interesting, most unbearably cliché villain in the entire history of the MCU so far, with the possible exception of the aforementioned parasite. Yes, I found Hive boring, cliché, and utterly uninteresting.

Part of it was the utter predictability of most of what happened this season. Thinking back to the parts I saw before I dropped it, IMO the Inhumans storyline in general, and especially everything after Bobbi and Hunter left(That particular scene, IMO, was brilliantly executed, the only high point in the season and the only high point of a development that wasted two of the only three characters left that I found interesting on any level) just got increasingly farfetched, and at the same time more and more predictable.
So I dropped AoS again in S3, about 4 episodes short of the finale, with absolutely no desire to see what ends up happening. From what I've been able to glean about the episodes I didn't see, I didn't miss much, if anything worth watching.

S1 of AoS was great. S2 started off okay, but flunked in the last quarter, failing to hold my interest enough to make me willing to sit through to the end. And S3 failed as well in that aspect, and that's one failure too many in my book. So for those who do end up watching S4, more power to them. I, however, will not be among them.

Destiny_Gundam

Areku wrote:The Bobbi/Hunter departure felt extremely forced and contrived. In the absence of them doing something interesting elsewhere, it feels like Marvel missed an opportunity to actually, meaningfully kill off a "good" character who wasn't narratively structured around their own death.
It's even worse now that Marvel's Most Wanted isn't going to happen anymore. Hopefully they'll be able to return to the show somehow...
Dark Duel wrote:Part of it was probably that Gideon Malick has to be probably the least interesting, most unbearably cliché villain in the entire history of the MCU so far
But hey, you remembered his name! :lol:
Areku

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Part of it was probably that Gideon Malick has to be probably the least interesting, most unbearably cliché villain in the entire history of the MCU so far
But hey, you remembered his name! :lol:
Quick, someone try to name the villain from Thor: The Dark World.

(I can, but only because it's been ingrained from making this point before)
Destiny_Gundam

Maleketh, I think is how you spell it.
excalibur2008

Destiny_Gundam wrote: Season 4 will be moving to the 10 pm timeslot. People are theorizing that the new ABC CEO is trying to kill the show so next season might be the last. Overall I liked season 3 okay, but I didn't quite feel so enthused about it as with previous seasons. Might be because Gotham as been so damn good recently...
Didn't they say something about it having to do with them wanting to do some darker stories.