Never Let This Guy Pilot an MS

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
razgriz

Never Let This Guy Pilot an MS

http://www.yahoo.com/s/542322

my heart broke just a little bit after seeing this. can you think of a better way to throw out 1.6 million bucks? i think enzo ferrari backfliped in his grave, requiescat in pace enzo (both the man and this car)
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ORegan

i hope to every religion on earth(and marklar) that this man has never re-produced. we dont need driving skills like that in the next generation
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Camille Vidan

This car is so fragile, I thought no one ever actually drive them.
vaKuz

Enzo Ferrari - 1.6 million
Able to drive it - Priceless
Able to "accidentally" trash it - Ever so priceless
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
razgriz

it looked like he was going about 45 when he slammed offset into that barrier. thats a pretty hard impact no matter what the car. and as someone who has twice been behind the wheel during an airbag deployment the time between intial impact and full airbag inflation is miliseconds. he probably didnt realize what happened until the airbag went off. hmm i wouldve expected this from peter griffin and not eddie griffin. :lol:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Ryujin

Obviously, Undercover Brother's driving skills do not extend to foreign makes intended for 'The Man". :lol:
The Big Zabowski

*Screams like a little girl and faints as the Enzo is totaled*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!#!@1122!!~!~!@!~12232d@#12w!!!

I quite literally did that for about a minute before breaking out in nervous/astonished laughter.. That producer/director guy must have been off his gourd to let someone that has never driven a Ferrari drive HIS ENZO!

This makes two wrecked Enzos now, with that Swedish guys accident with the telephone/tree being the first.

400? Make that 398..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Dendrobium Stamen

Far as I'm concerned, this is the second worst crime against hot sexy cars that could possibly be committed. All I can say is, good thing he didn't total a Bugatti Veyron...
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Newtype87

I'm about to sound like an iredeemable hick, on verge of the residents of Moon-Moon in Double Zeta, but… what's an Enzo? I've heard it mentioned before, but I'm not much of a car person (most of the cars I get excited about are hybrids or other cool power systems, so sports cars aren't on my list), even though it does look nice. It's funny, I know more about fictional giant robots more than modern day sports car.
Dark Duel

"Enzo" was a Ferrari supercar that was easily distinguishable in that its body design was very, VERY heavily based on Ferrari's F1 race cars.
It ran for around 1.6 million USD each, and had a very short production run - only 400 were ever made.

Here's a photo of one
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
EZero8

:(

There goes another Enzo... What a freaking waste. 1.6 mil. all gone when it hit a wall. I think I wanna cry. :cry:
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
SNT1

I'm not so upset that a 1.6 million dollar car (crashes do happen on more cutting-edge F1 cars) but upset because of a petarded driver.

Oh well.
codename:v

Eddie Griffin, remember this guy's name that he doesn't even qualified to ride on a 3 years old's tricycle.

The owner of the Enzo, Daniel Sadek:
"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed," Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought, "There's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the world."

What a dumbass! They should put the damn car up for sale and use the money for charity. Sheessh!
Camille Vidan

"Enzo" was a Ferrari supercar that was easily distinguishable in that its body design was very, VERY heavily based on Ferrari's F1 race cars.
It ran for around 1.6 million USD each, and had a very short production run - only 400 were ever made.
Also it is named after the creator of the first ferrari. Surprisingly his name is Enzo Ferrari :o

Also, what I love about this car is the fact that it doesn't have electric windows.
wing zero alpha

I don't know, re-watching that video, I think Eddie Griffin handled that crash well, especially since we're talking about a Ferrari, which is not the easiest car to drive, on a race track. I'm more mad at the idiot that thought up this whole idea of putting celebs with little to no racing experience in fancy cars they've never driven before for a charity race; that line of thinking always leads to disaster.

Still, 1.6 million dollars... Somebody's going to be crying into a pillow before falling asleep.
Heretic

wing zero alpha wrote:I don't know, re-watching that video, I think Eddie Griffin handled that crash well, especially since we're talking about a Ferrari, which is not the easiest car to drive, on a race track. I'm more mad at the idiot that thought up this whole idea of putting celebs with little to no racing experience in fancy cars they've never driven before for a charity race; that line of thinking always leads to disaster.
I think that’s why they were practicing. Sure, an expensive car has been written off, but the guy driving it wasn’t intoxicated so far as we can tell, he wasn’t racing down a highway where he could have endangered other people’s lives and it was intended to be for a charity, which is a far beater reason for doing something potentially stupid and dangerous than most celebrities have.

Cut the guy some slack, could any of you have driven the car better?
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
SNT1

If anyone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who has an Enzo, I would like to borrow it, see if I could handle it better :lol:

Well, Who knows. One thing's for sure; I wouldn't drive it as hard into the corner. Griffin shouldve realized that is not Gran Turismo, where you can bounce off walls and achieve a higher speed. Also, he has to realize that he isn't Michael Schumacher / Jeff Gordon, that he is an actor, not a racecar driver who could've possibly remedied his/her way out of that situation with advanced skills.

I mean, jeez, take it easy aight? Its a 1 mil+ dollar car!
Camille Vidan

I'm not mad at him at all, but seeing that beauty in this way freaks me out.
SNT1

Being an avid auto-racing fan I've seen much worse (money wise); spectacular head-on Indy crashes (with driver walking away of course), Mercedes CLK-GTRs going airborne, or 25-car pileups at Talladega.

I retract my [harsh] comments earlier about n00bdriving (even though I still think he shouldve gone easy)... For now I'll just conclude it the way a NASCAR driver would: "Jus' one of them racin' deals."
wing zero alpha

Heretic wrote:I think that’s why they were practicing. Sure, an expensive car has been written off, but the guy driving it wasn’t intoxicated so far as we can tell, he wasn’t racing down a highway where he could have endangered other people’s lives and it was intended to be for a charity, which is a far beater reason for doing something potentially stupid and dangerous than most celebrities have.
You don't practice with a million dollar vehicle even on a track like that; usually you work your way up from a smaller car to learn the fundamentals of a race track before you step behind the wheel of something that hard to control and expensive. He probably did do that, but I'm just saying. As for charity work, that makes it even worse; I could understand for a movie but for a charity you'd think you can get professional drivers out there, maybe some NASCAR ones. It's not like this is Cannonball Run.
Cut the guy some slack, could any of you have driven the car better?
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to say it outloud and spark a partial flame war.
SNT1 wrote:Well, Who knows. One thing's for sure; I wouldn't drive it as hard into the corner. Griffin shouldve realized that is not Gran Turismo, where you can bounce off walls and achieve a higher speed. Also, he has to realize that he isn't Michael Schumacher / Jeff Gordon, that he is an actor, not a racecar driver who could've possibly remedied his/her way out of that situation with advanced skills.
Oh, I think he realized that. You make it sound like he's a reckless driver, but looking over that video again, the crash looked more like an honest mistake more than Griffin thinking he was a NASCAR vet. I've seen plenty of automobile accidents in my lifetime, and I like to think I can tell which ones were actual "accidents" and which ones was the ego going out of check.
I mean, jeez, take it easy aight? Its a 1 mil+ dollar car!
It's not yours, so why are you complaining? A car like that is obviously going to be insured anyway.