Greatest Gundam Villians/Evil Moments

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Crazy Gundam

Greatest Gundam Villians/Evil Moments

Considering its extensive array of characters and detailed plot the gundam franchise has come up with a bunch of really awesome villians with fitting evil moments ot accompany them. Just give your favorite villian (characters like Zechs and Char count considering their action...at least to me they do) and why you think they are so cool, or a favorite "OMG the entire universe is going to hell and its all their fault moment". I'll start...

Char Aznable (CCA)
The Red Comet...need I say more. Despite rumors about his sexual preferences he is still the original villian of gundam and his evil actions fit the series well. He pilots some of the soolest mechs, drops an asteroid on earth, and despite being owned by Amuro in the end he mocks him unitl their mutual sparkly doom.

Iron Mask (F91)
There was sooo much more potential for this guy and the entire F91 storyline. It was supposed ot be a 50 episode series after all. But the mask still has one of my favorite lines of all time "This is a family matter." It still send sshivers down my spine when he says it. :wink:

Norris Packard (8th MS)
Owns an entire MS battalion and goes down like the badass that he his. Awesomeness embodied in a blue moblie suite and a chubby guy....who say that comming? :?

Rau Le Creuset (GS)
Rau is one of my all time favorite villians and has the best "I'm so bad and there's nothing you can do about it moment" when he totally owns everyone that comes near him at the end of Gundam seed. I also enjoy his little speech to Mu and Kira in the genetics lab, so creepy. (shiver)

Paptimus Scirocco (MSZ)
Ahh dear Master Paptimus. He creates some of my favorite mechs and completly takesover the Titans with a single bullet. A villian to the bitter end I loved that he turned Camille into a vegtable as his last living act...he gave that angsty teen a cheerly outlook on life in the end. It was a vast improvement. :wink:

Well those are my top favs, your turn now. Sorry if their is already a board like this, but I can't find it so blah on them.
Gato: "You're useless! You're just a grunt!"
Kou : " Yes, Sir."
Gato: " I'M THE ENEMY, YOU IDIOT!!!"
Phantomexe87

Probably the scene where Ghinias kills the Apsalus development team and walks out with the grenade going off in the background, the man is all time villain scum. As for Seed... well Azrael was just sore because a coordinator smacked him around as a kid, and died a befitting death for a spoiled rich brat... as for momments... nothing really comes to mind. Then in GSD you had Jibril... he had some evil momments, like ordering the Destroy to take out Germany and maybe Austria? Bask Om probably has the most evil moments in all of Gundam with using Kamille's mother as a hostage and Jerid to a lesser extent, or anything relating to the Titans, the ultimate evil in the Gundam universe... so go figure.
Destroy Gundam

Treize (GW) - Pretty much the entire series his actions say "Dance, puppets, DANCE!" All the while he makes fancy speeches. And then he goes out in the way he wanted.

The Frost Bros (GX) - Again, they played everyone for fools while they got closer to their objective, only failing when the Freeden got involved. The evilest moment was when they finally betrayed Bloodman and killed him and Zado. "Sorry, but we don't need you anymore. Bye."

I like villians who get others to do their dirty work for them.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Imperial

I've always liked the scene wherein Gihren delivers his "Take your sorrow and turn into anger!" speech at Garma's funeral. Gihen is undoubtedly evil, but he does the bad guy thing so well. The scene in question really gives you an idea of how fanatical--therefore dangerous--he is.

Dozle's last stand was also memorable. Granted, I don't consider him "evil," but you did include Norris, and he wasn't really bad guy either. At any rate, it displayed just how dedicated he was to his family and the cause.

Sirocco's betrayal of Jamitov and subsequent power grab always struck me as quite clever. Not only does he bump off the competition, but he whips his own camp into such a frenzy that he nearly offs Haman, too. Sure, Sirocco was a jerk with a superiority complex and a knack for seeing women as mere tools, but he had one hell of a creative streak.

I found Char orchestrating Garma's death to be entertaining for similar reasons. I liked Garma and I thought Char was a jerk for killing him, but he did it so easily and with such a blase attitude. It really cemented him as a villain.

While we're on the subject of manipulators, Treize earns an honorable mention for maneuvering the Gundams into killing the pacifists. The man is slick.

I don't like Gato very much, but his line "Solomon--I have returned!" moments before he blasts the Federal fleet to kingdom come was so epic that you couldn't dislike it.

Rau's psychotic rants were fun, even if his motivation was a bit lame. I usually like a three-dimensional antagonist, but it's nice to see a raving madman on occasion.
This space for rent
"Kamille! Kamille!

Katejina enjoying watching Woowig burn down and its citizens slaughtered.
Destroy Gundam

[quote=""Kamille! Kamille!"]Katejina enjoying watching Woowig burn down and its citizens slaughtered.[/quote]

Not to mention playing Cronicle and Uso against eachother, apparently so one could either kill her or win her heart (not sure on that).
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Phantomexe87

Unfortunately I never have had the chance to view Victory Gundam as I can not find it anywhere. Surprised nobody has mentioned Une of Wing fame...
Wingnut

Phantomexe87 wrote:Surprised nobody has mentioned Une of Wing fame...
She was nasty at times to be sure, but really didn't have one event that stood out from anything else she did. Except for perhaps shooting Septem in the head after dumping him out the back end of the airplane.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
lalahsghost

Admin Note: These types of threads end up winding off into some other conversation every time they are conceived... I'm telling you now, and to warn you, One infraction or Off-Topic post, and it'll be locked. All of these "Greatest/Worst/Best/Coolest/Most Evil" type threads are all trouble, and this also is a warning to anyone who thinks that they want to start a thread similar to this genre. ~LG
Dark Duel

Wingnut wrote: Except for perhaps shooting Septem in the head after dumping him out the back end of the airplane.
That was a sweet shot, you have to admit. But yeah, that and orchestrating the Darlian assassination (which nearly failed) wee her only real villainous moments.

Rau LeCreuset, badass though he is, and he certainly is enough to make it amongst my favorites, still pales in comparison to Shagia and Olba Frost. And unlike Rau, they both survive.
And while we're talking manipulative, I simply can't help but love Treize Khushrenada. It's like DG said: "Dance, puppets, DANCE!"...and he looks badass doing it. Zechs was more the genocidal maniac type than the manipulative, clever type, but he also pulled that off quite well (to a point.). And it's a lot more fun listening to Treize's chivalry-and-honor rants than Zechs's I-want-to-destroy-the-world-and-I-don't-care-what-anyone-says rants. At least I think so.

I liked Gym Ghingnham(I never know quite how the heck to spell that) from Turn-A Gundam too, but that was more because he was funny than because he particularly stood out as a villain...

But overall, my favorites were Shagia and Olba Frost, and Treize Khushrenada.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gambit01

Dark Duel wrote:

Rau LeCreuset, badass though he is, and he certainly is enough to make it amongst my favorites, still pales in comparison to Shagia and Olba Frost. And unlike Rau, they both survive.
Uh....no they didn't. They pretty much kicked the bucket at the end when they went against Double X.

Though I kind of liked them too, I have to go with Rau. He single-handedly escalated the conflict, just to see everyone wipe everybody out. THAT'S evil, my friends; no twisted idealism, no personal motivation, just flat out suffering for the sake of suffering.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
ShadowCell

Gambit01 wrote:Uh....no they didn't. They pretty much kicked the bucket at the end when they went against Double X.
Yes they did. Shagia and Olba are hanging out in the same town Garrod and Tifa are in during the epilogue (such as it is).
Gambit01

:shock: :shock: Really? :shock: :shock:

*runs to watch the end of Gundam X again*
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
wing zero alpha

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Draco Starcloud

Gambit01 wrote::shock: :shock: Really? :shock: :shock:

*runs to watch the end of Gundam X again*
Shagia's in a wheelchair, but he and Olba are definately alive.

I think Zechs would get the most evil award. He obliterates a city on Earth just for the heck of it, then prepares to finish the job because he doesn't think the people of Earth can go without fighting.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Rei Murasame

The lack of Haman Karn in this thread is depressing. Almost everything she says is pretty awesome.

The the one on my mind right now though, is Murata Azrael.

"There are many wild beasts which need to be caged..."

Strangely I can't remember the exact quote right now, but its when he talked to Sutherland just before leaving for space. Possibly the coolest dialogue in Gundam SEED right there.

And for those of you thinking that Muu La Fllaga had the coolest lines in SEED... we need to have a serious talk about cheese, and why it's best left in sandwiches. ^.^
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
SSR777

Aiguille Delaz, he dropped a colony on Earth and in my oppion he went out with style. He had the guts to order Gato to finish the mission and take a bullet to the brian for his cause. And his last words were the best: "Sieg Zeon!"

That will forever stand in my mind as one of the greatest Gundam moments. (Take that with a grain of salt, I've only seen a few series, lol.)

Garma's death also puts Char on my list, also how he ended up killing Kycilia gives him a few extra points. Especially after he told her he wouldn't kill her.

Speaking of Kycilia, how she just simply shot her brother was pretty evil imo.
ParaParaJMo

1. Paptimus Scirocco
(Already mentioned why he's on this list. But yeah, I love how he just manipulates people and just easily gets promotes himself as top of the Titans)

2. Giren Zabi
(This guy is as bad as Hitler and it's kind of funny some people have an ignorance history in this.)

3. Ginnias Sahalin
(A man dedicated to his work and yet so twisted to the point that he was willing to kill his own flesh and blood)

4. Haman Karn
(Very powerful, cunning, influential, and a great pilot)
To see my anime reviews, please go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/paraparajmo
ZeonfromHell

Gihren Zabi. "Elite, superior race of Zeon!"
Charismatic speeches? Leading his men to a slaughter even though everybody else knows that Zeon is defeated? Superweapons like Solar Ray and Dolos? This guy is Hitler incarnate! I'm sorry, but anybody who matches Hitler (and even calls himself Hitler) gets my vote. Plus, he offed his dad to vaporize the Federal Fleet. He deserved worse than a shot to the head. BTW, do we know if he had his own "Holocaust" in the Side 3 colonies?
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
RedShirt0909

I'll second Le Crueset, he was a bit shallower than some villains in other series, but he was one of the few psycho-everyone-must-die types I've seen get it right. He peronally orchestrated a nuclear attack against "his" side, knowing that the escalation to follow would wipe out 95% of the human race.

Bask - anyone who orders a WMD attack on civvies for the sole purpose of testing a defector's loyalty, with a secondary goal of seeing a rival's reaction, is just evil. Bask also had no respect for Capt. Bright, as he ordered him roughed up for challenging the Titan's authority early on in Zeta, despite Bright being a war hero from the OYW.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'