Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Alright everyone, I'm putting stuff up in the section for this RPG, but don't start RPing till I say it's alright to do so, okay?
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

So can we start off anywhere we want in the US or do we all have to gather at a specific location first? after we can start posting of course.
Cardi Doorl

In the anime, we see they have an opening ceremony of sorts. It'll be held in Washington, D.C., due to its being the old capital. After that, you're free to roam the nation so long as you're not supposed to be in a match.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Ok cool, just wanted to be sure about that.
SNT1

Jeepney Gundam Crew!

Patrick Agtarap - 28 years old, Chief mechanic of the Jeepney Gundam, black hair, brown eyes, tall, athletic build+muscular look

A seasoned mechanical engineer, he has an impressive resume working on Neo-Philippines' national defense weapons. He met Alvin Cruz in college, (he was a senior, and Al a freshie) and they have become fast friends due to interest in reviving their nation to be among the elite once again.

He also knows Karate and Jeet Kune do, and was also hoping to be a Gundam Fight representative. That is, until he got runover by a drunk driver. His legs will heal, but will be nowhere near his martial arts prime. Fortunately he has skills that can still allow him to be a Neo-Philippines representative.

Hannah Moreno - 23 years old, Al's coach, dark-brown hair, brown eyes, athletic build, girl-next-door look

Coach, what coach? While History might say Al has dominated the Gundam Fight tryouts, (and it was true for the most part), they forgot about Hannah. She was showing a much more sophisticated mixed martial arts system than Al can ever dream of, but unfortunately Al's raw, natural talent got him to defeat Hannah in the bid to be the representative. She agrees, however, to coach Al and teach him more advanced techniques; like Al and Patrick, she too has shown interest in restoring the nation's glory.

Al and Hannah have been in the same schools since age 6, but they barely knew each other. Both have shown talents throughout their school careers, and sometimes the other students "media hype" their rivalry, much to their dismay.

The Crew - J.B., "Kuling", Louvell. These guys are responsible for leading the upkeep of the Jeepney Gundam. Needs some beers to be 100% effective.

The Ship - The Sarao. Unfortunately, the country's fund has focused much on the Mobile Fighter itself, so The Sarao's design is a bit plain and militaristic in appearance. Holds parts that can build 3 Jeepney Gundams.

(awesome, used names based on cousins and friends from Phils. that I haven't seen/talked to in 9 years ;.; If you can read this, sup guys :P)

EDIT: detailed their pasts/info a bit
Last edited by SNT1 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cardi Doorl

Alrighty people, go ahead and start the RPing. I want the inaugural match to start before the next two get going, though, okay? :)

Ziryab

In case anyone is wondering, after my first post I'll be seperating Akin's and Ning's passages from now on.

It just felt easier to group them together at the moment rather than mostly repeating their experience.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
RGM-79G GM Command

I didn't think I would be fighting that early into it. (Not that I mind.)

Ultima Gundam's crew. (I should have made this before.)

Tetsuya Yamada

Tetsuya is 18 years old, Ryusei's best friend and his coach. Tetsuya is very smart, a genius some might say although only when it comes to mechs, due in part to his father's job as a designer of the Ultima Gundam. He is also very good at thinking up stratigies, although Ryusei ignores most of them since he prefers a head on attack. Tetsuya is also a womanizer and wanted to become a part of the crew since he thinks that he would get popular with the girls back home if Ryusei wins or at least does good, he also wanted to go since Ryusei's older sister, Yumi was going and because Tetsuya loves mechs almost as much as Ryusei.

Yusuke Yamada

Yusuke is 47 years old, Ryusei's chief mechanic and Tetsuya's father. Yusuke helped Ryusei with the Gundam Fights leading up to the finals. Before working on the Ultima Gundam Yusuke had been in the military as a mechanic and had been one of the designers of the Ultima Gundam so he knew the Ultima's limits and how to fix it when it got damaged so he had offered to be the chief mechanic for Ryusei. Ryusei accepted since he knew that Tetsuya would like working with his father, and because he is a very good cook, and has an easy going nature and is even more laid back then Ryusei and Tetsuya.

Yumi Urameshi

Yumi is 22 years old, Ryusei's older sister, and the nurse for the Ultima Gundam's crew, although as a joke her brother and Tetsuya call her Captian because of how strict she is. She had been a nurse for a few years and when her younger brother had been selected to be Neo Japan's Gundam Fighter she told him (And their parents.) that she was going with him to make sure he didn't get hurt. She is very strict and keeps the rest of the crew in line so as to not offend anyone. She is very beautiful and is very popular with men, but she cares more about watching out for her brother right now then finding a boyfriend so she ignores most of them.

Michiko

The mascot, she is a two month old kitten that was found sleeping in the ship she is very nice and likes to play with the rest of the crew, while she doesn't really do anything the others all like her and Tetsuya likes to bring her with them when they are out walking, he says its because she needs fresh air but it is partly because most girls like kittens. Michiko is the only member of the crew that Yumi is not strict with, unless she does something bad.

The rest of the crew

They are a group of sixteen mechanics that worked with Yusuke before and were reccomended to Ryusei by Yusuke. (I'm not going to go into detail about them or anything. Well maybe while talking to a few of them in character but not now.)

Ship

The ship's name is Happy Neko, since Yumi had found a kitten, Michiko, aboard the ship when the first boarded the ship. It has a very elegant design, and enough room for all twenty, twenty one including Michiko, and it is also fairly fast and manuverable.

I hope those are okay.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Turinu

Quick Question: What time of year is the Gundam Fight taking place? Spring? Summer? Winter? Fall?
Cardi Doorl

My opening RP states December 1st, so late autumn.

EDIT: In case it hasn't been noticed, I'd like to point out that the Round schedule now lists where a fight will take place.

Turinu

Yeah, that's why I was asking.

This'll be a big hindrance on my gundam considering the time of year and place of confrontation, but I guess I can improvise enough to make things work.
SNT1

there's always Hawaii and Florida.
RGM-79G GM Command

Yes, I got Jersey. I can act out a Megas XLR fight. Well I guess urban combat suits my Gundam better since it is a close range unit.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Turinu

SNT1 wrote:there's always Hawaii and Florida.
Unfortunately my first match takes place in Nebraska of all places, and I hear some of the extreme temperatures up there around Fall and Winter can be pretty cold. D:
SNT1

its the first match of the finals, I wouldnt sweat it :o
Anonymous

So, how many fights are going to take place at once? And what should we do in the meantime while we wait?
Ascension

I'm going to make one post before I leave just to establish that Alexander and the crew are in D.C., but I'm about to be heading out on a field trip to the real Washington D.C., so I won't be able to post again until Monday. Thankfully my fight is scheduled as the 12th bout in the first round...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Wingnut

I need names

If you all would be so kind as to help me here I seem to have a bit of a problem.
I need names. Names and nationalities of referees to be judges and thus pilots for my referee units. I can come up with the rest, but I am terrible with names, espically in this case as they have to be a certain nationality.
Any help would be very welcome. As Cardi has a dozen venues in the opening round, I'll need that many people to use in the game here.
I already have one from Neo England so that is not an option as I want them all to be from different countries. They can be from any country you want, but I want an american in the mix for certain. The rest is up to you.
You can add in a little backstory if you want, but it is not manditory.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Ziryab

Um... not sure what you're looking for in way of names... you could try Behind the name but other than that.

Hmm...

Maybe look up movies and television shows from different countries and scan through the names of actors and/or staff.

Hope that helps a bit. But other than that I guess I can help come up with a few names if need be.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Psyden

Just have to wait until 4 more countries post their entrence, then I'll post Neo-America's. Since Neo-America is the hosting nation, the Cowboy has to be announced last.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?