Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

Good thing Slayer is the fastest in normal mode. I'm assuming that not everyone will have their Battle Modes right at the start correct? I was hoping that pilots would "discover" their battle modes during the RPG to at least give the characters some development.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wedge14

I haven't given my super mode any thought at all... Maybe i should try and piece up semi reasonable explanation for the stat change.

And it looks like Neo Russia has been supplying Neo Somalia with arms again.... :lol:
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
EZero8

Which brings about something interesting... will there be any stables or factions within the ranks of Gundam Fighters?
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Stables EZ? What do you mean by that?
Anonymous

I believe he means allies/ organizations/ groups - something along those lines
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

ahhh ok like the Shuffle Alliance or the United Gundam thingy, thanks artmaster079
SNT1

meh, I think there are opponents than I can only stastistically beat on normal mode. Then again, Jeepney Gundam is different b/c of the fact that its battle mode doesnt enhance the highest normal mode stat, but rather weaken it.

Then again, its only numbers, and its not like I would RP to be the Gungam Fight champ (underdog country)
ORegan

i wouldn't say the organizations would be lie the shuffle allaince, but more along the lines of countries helping each other out, that is until they have to fight each other.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Psyden

I really don't see how that would work. Without a common enemy, there would be no use. Why would people band together if the fights are one-on-one? I think what would be more likely are fighters who meet up outside of the arena and start hanging out.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Cardi Doorl

I don't see what the point of "stables" would be, or even how they could plausibly come into existence. It's already been stated that the Shuffle Alliance won't make an appearance in this RPG, and the World Gundam Federation existened only temporary and due to peculiar circumstances at the time (that being that the Devil Gundam had united the world against a single threat).

I mean, I could see individual characters buddying up and such, but having organization on the level of "stables" doesn't really make sense. All nations play with the aim of being sole winner, as the final victory can't be shared. As a result, the biggest dichotomy I could see forming here, beyond individual rivalries, would be, perhaps, between those who agree with recognizing the Corsair State (as Neo Somalia does) and those who disagree with recognizing it. I don't see either side coordinating on a level of officiality that could be called a "stable".

EDIT: Hoo boy, I spent a bunch of time typing that long-winded post, then left it idle without submitting as I did other stuff, then once I did I see Psyden said the same thing in one sentence :P
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
SNT1

EZ8 wrote:Good thing Slayer is the fastest in normal mode. I'm assuming that not everyone will have their Battle Modes right at the start correct? I was hoping that pilots would "discover" their battle modes during the RPG to at least give the characters some development.
Since RP begins in the Gundm Fight Finals, I assumed that the entrants have already done their best move/super modes at least once. Mastering the move/mode could be a different story, though.

btw, The enthusiastic posts here are encouraging, I just hope some of you guys dont drop out after 100 RP posts or something <.< (RL issues asside of course)
Wedge14

This might be a silly question, but how're the fights going to be held. Like how're they being posted?

Does each fight get its own topic?

Or do we all share the same topic for each round or something like that.

And i think i've come up with a good enough explanation for my super mode, some input/comments would be nice.

Since Boris is a gymnast his mobile suit is extremely flexible to the point it's double jointed. Each joint has two seperate mechanisms to allow it to move in both directions. When he goes into his super mode, the mechanisms through the power of Ki synchronize them selves together working in unison. Creating more power/harder hits/ and the rigidness slows it down.[/i]
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
SNT1

Since Boris is a gymnast his mobile suit is extremely flexible to the point it's double jointed. Each joint has two seperate mechanisms to allow it to move in both directions. When he goes into his super mode, the mechanisms through the power of Ki synchronize them selves together working in unison. Creating more power/harder hits/ and the rigidness slows it down.[/i]
The Master Grade G-Gundams are double jointed in almost every major point, as well as most modern MGs, so I assume most, if not all the entries have an extreme degree of mobility.

although I could get my terms confused here.
Strike Zero

This might be a silly question, but how're the fights going to be held. Like how're they being posted?

No way each fight would get its own topic. There are twenty four Gundams, which means that there are going to be twelve fights going on per round; and since everybody is going to fight each other once, there will be twenty three rounds. That means there's going to be a total of 276 fights throughout the final round. (Good lord...)

I'd say the best way to do it would be to give each round it's own topic, and then let everybody post their fights there.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Turinu

Strike Zero wrote:

No way each fight would get its own topic. There are twenty four Gundams, which means that there are going to be twelve fights going on per round; and since everybody is going to fight each other once, there will be twenty three rounds. That means there's going to be a total of 276 fights throughout the final round. (Good lord...)

I'd say the best way to do it would be to give each round it's own topic, and then let everybody post their fights there.
That's not a good idea, -at all.-

Sure, if there are individual topics there will be a -lot- of topics...

But if you begin to bunch even more than one fight into a single topic, it'll get cluttered, unorganized, and confusing. The way I see it is that we hold five rounds at the same time, one fight in one topic for a total of five topics.

When those rounds are over, the threads can be closed or removed (or archived), in order to reduce clutter. Otherwise I honestly think it'll get out of hand. This is coming from personal experience for running a fairly active Gundam RPG board in the past.
Strike Zero

That does actually sound like a better idea. But there are definetly going to be a LOT of archived topics after the RPG is over...
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Ziryab

Strike Zero wrote:No way each fight would get its own topic. There are twenty four Gundams, which means that there are going to be twelve fights going on per round; and since everybody is going to fight each other once, there will be twenty three rounds. That means there's going to be a total of 276 fights throughout the final round. (Good lord...)
Math is [sparkly rainbow]FUN[/sparkly rainbow]!!!

*is shot, imploded and thrown into the sun*

Either way would there also be ONE main thread for when we're not in a fight? Y'know character develop, have our chacters make friends and enemies, hang out or crack jokes about the other countries. Stuff like that. Maybe even have them watch and comment upon the other matches as they're happening.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Cardi Doorl

Don't worry, everyone, we've had this all figured out long ago. For each round, we'll have 3-4 fights running simultaneously (each in their own thread) with a new match starting as one ends. Basically similar to what Shori proposed.

And of course there'll be a non-combat RP thread for those not in a match :D

Trust me, I'm not going into this RPG without having pre-planned how this'll work, and have gone over it with both Heretic and the other Trinary members. These discussions wondering about the administrative minutiae play out pretty much like the MSN discussions we have, except days later and the idea of having multiple fights in the same thread never came into the question.

But really, don't worry about it; we know what we're doing and we've planned things in advance. The RPG is basically ready to take off and might (don't mark my words just yet) ;) start within the week,

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Hey why not merge them all into one thread when their all done, that way they're still there but taking up less space in the long run.
Cardi Doorl

Archive storage will be dealt with later, but my gut reaction would be not to worry about it being so spread out in the Archives. Should the existence of so many threads in the Archives somehow become a problem, they can be merged by round later.