Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

Hmmm... the game hasnt even started yet and people are already comparing the units? This is gonna get interesting when the game starts... :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wedge14

This game has allready proven interesting before the game even started.

O'regan's leprechaun gundam just cracks me up. Then it winning the most offensive award. Which may have a double meaning, cracked me up even more.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Turinu

If we're allowed to increase and develop our status points, abilities and equipment as the RPG goes on, then all the more interesting things will get between the combatants. :3

After discussing my unit with my friend, I've devised a few grand Ultimate Attacks for development later on down the finals, if I'm allowed to use its "Completed" form. :D
Heretic

Excellent, the stat rankings reflect my intentions for all three of my Gundams. Not bad for half arbitrary numbers :lol:
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Anonymous

Umm... don't mean to be a bother, but I'm I approved yet?
Ascension

Hmmm... the game hasnt even started yet and people are already comparing the units? This is gonna get interesting when the game starts...
I think it's more that we're comparing the units BECAUSE the game hasn't started yet. It's something to do to keep the RPG in our minds as we wait...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Ziryab

^^^^
*is still intently watching the cheese mold over* Fascinating... *looks up* Huh? What? RPG? Where and when did this happen? XP

Also...

Sometime... soon... eventually... >.>; I'll download AIM. So if anyone needs to get ahold of me for whatever reason. And more so if you want to better choreograph our match. Maybe we can work out multiple strikes/attacks, blocks and counters in one post that ends in a "tag/your turn" move leading into the next post with another set of multiple attacks/strikes and counters.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Psyden

Name: Arisa “Gremlin” Rothschild
Affiliation: Neo-America
Appearance: 4’8½” @ 89lbs. Petite body frame. She has brown chestnut brown hair that reaches the small of her back, though it is usually in 2 pigtails. Her hazel eyes are hidden by thick glasses. She can usually be found wearing a lab coat.
History: Arisa is something of a child prodigy. At the age of 5, she wrote an AI script to do all of her homework for her (High School and Jr. College level). By the age of 18, she graduated from the University of Neo-America for her 4th degree. Shortly thereafter, she was approached by the Neo-America Team to aid in designing a Gundam for use is the 3rd Gundam Fight. To this day, she is a crucial part of the design team. Her nickname, “Gremlin,” comes from her small stature and her bad habit of taking things apart without permission or notice.

Name: Cpt. Josie “Jo” Westwood
Affiliation: Neo-America Army
MS: 19M-A-MS Minuteman
Appearance: 5’6” with a slender, yet muscular build. She has fiery red hair that goes barely past her shoulder blades and bright emerald green eyes. She is usually found in either BDU pants and a green tank-top or in green pilot’s coveralls.
History: Josie is a childhood friend of James Ranger. She and James lived in the same general area, he on his father’s farm, she in a local city. When she was 12, her parents had to move up north for business and she and James lost touch. 13 years later, at the start of the 3rd Gundam Fight, they were reunited.

Captain Josie Westwood was originally going to be Neo-America’s representative to the 3rd Gundam Fight, but at the last moment, before they started construction of her Gundam, the decision was made to have a civilian be the representative. As if to add insult to injury, she was to act as the Representative’s tactical advisor, body guard, chief-of-security, and back-up pilot.

Personality wise, she is short-tempered and hot-headed, but she really is a nice person, honest!

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Cardi Doorl

artmaster079: Definite no on the beam cannons unless you redesign your Gundam as a super heavy/slow Gundam like the Odin Gundam. Also, having a hover system is a bit much.

Wingnut: Zebra approved.

Heretic: Even if the Corsair State had to go through qualifying matches to be allowed into the Gundam Fight, it still wouldn't get a place number in the model number. That number is based solely on the rank the Gundam's nation acheived in the previous Gundam Fight. Now, there's no precedent for what the number is if a nation didn't compete in the last Fight, but we've been using "00X" as the placeholder, and the Corsair Gundam should get likewise.

Also, what's the necessity of weapons as powerful as an auto-shotgun and SMG? I mean, the cannon's one thing (a pirate without a cannon would be a crime), but having the SMG and shotgun are excessive.

Psyden: Considering the Minuteman's basically a grunt unit, there's really no reason for it to have ultimate attacks or a special mode. In fact, I'm not sure anything other than Gundams with mobile trace can even have ultimate attacks. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure this entry even warrants having ability point numbers.

Besides, I find it odd that a unit such as this would have beam weaponry considering beam weapons are just starting to appear on the (comparatively) super-powerful Gundams.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Psyden

JMA27T Fantoma
Ultimate Attack: Mega Range Buster

JMF1336R Rising Gundam
Ultimate Attack: Rising Arrow, Rising Finger

JMS60 Busshi
Ultimate Attack: Busshi Launcher

29H-A-MS Murphy
Ultimate Attack: Dual Buster

P-143S Pescatore
Ultimate Attack: Decoy Torpedo

But if it is the beam weapons, then, sure, I can remove them. As for the special mode, its because it was a prototype.

ORegan

those mobile weapons are set a few decades in the future, im pretty sure it around 40 years after the 3rd gundam fight.
O'regan's leprechaun gundam just cracks me up. Then it winning the most offensive award. Which may have a double meaning, cracked me up even more.
wedge, you've never seen a drunken irish dude fight have you? :lol: either way my punches will knock everyone down...if i can hit someone with my slow little midget :D
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Wingnut

Psyden wrote:JMA27T Fantoma
Ultimate Attack: Mega Range Buster

JMF1336R Rising Gundam
Ultimate Attack: Rising Arrow, Rising Finger

JMS60 Busshi
Ultimate Attack: Busshi Launcher

29H-A-MS Murphy
Ultimate Attack: Dual Buster

P-143S Pescatore
Ultimate Attack: Decoy Torpedo

But if it is the beam weapons, then, sure, I can remove them. As for the special mode, its because it was a prototype.
WTF? When did those units get special attacks? None of those save for the Rising Gundam ever had special attacks listed before. let alone have them used in the series. When and why did they show up in our profiles?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
mcred23

Wingnut wrote:WTF? When did those units get special attacks? None of those save for the Rising Gundam ever had special attacks listed before. let alone have them used in the series. When and why did they show up in our profiles?
A while back. Those have been in their profiles for a few months now, if not longer. As for why, because some official source decided that they should get special attacks and/or list them. Whatever the reason (and when it happened), they do now.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Strike Zero

And now, I present to you the Neo-Iceland support team.

Name: Linda Magnusson
Affiliation: Neo-Iceland
Appearance: Click here
History:

Linda is the older of Tomas' younger sisters. When she and Tomas were younger, they both studied martial arts all the way through high school. Once Linda graduated, she had planned to continue her study of martial arts by becoming an instructer. However, once Tomas was selected to become Neo-Iceland's Gundam fighter she dropped everything she was working on and went on to join his support team.

During the Gundam fight Linda usually serves as Tomas' battle advisor, constantly working with him to determine the weaknesses of upcoming opponents, but from time to time she also spars with Tomas so that he can constantly practice and improve his fighting technique.

Linda is gentle and good-natured... which benefits her greatly whenever she fights, as people often tend to underestimate her. But when she isn't fighting, Linda is a kind and loving sister to both Tomas and Ellie. She constantly worries about Tomas and his reckless behavior, both off and on the battleground. Many is the time when she's had to keep his hot temper in check when somebody makes a comment about their father, and time and again she has tried to get him to change his reckless style of fighting. He's managed to win all of his battles up until now, but she wonders just how far his simple strategy will take him in the final rounds.

Name: Ellie Magnusson
Affiliation: Neo-Iceland
Appearance: Click here
History:

Despite being the younger of Tomas' siblings, Ellie works as the chief engineer for the Aurora Gundam. Ever since she was young, Ellie had developed an innate interest in mechanics and engineering, and was especially interested in working on Mobile Suits. Once Tomas was chosen to represent Neo-Iceland in the Gundam fight, she begged him constantly to let her work on the Gundam and he eventually agreed. However, when it became apparent that her mechanical prowess far surpassed that of any the engineers they had already recruited, she was instead made chief of engineering and now oversees all the repairs and maintenances for the mobile suit.

Ellie has always been precocious, and at times she can be rather stuck up and annoying. Nevertheless, she has never failed to keep the Aurora Gundam working perfectly and is constantly striving to find ways to increase the performance of the mobile suit.

EDIT: Changed Linda's profile.
Last edited by Strike Zero on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Heretic

Cardi Doorl wrote:Heretic: Even if the Corsair State had to go through qualifying matches to be allowed into the Gundam Fight, it still wouldn't get a place number in the model number. That number is based solely on the rank the Gundam's nation acheived in the previous Gundam Fight. Now, there's no precedent for what the number is if a nation didn't compete in the last Fight, but we've been using "00X" as the placeholder, and the Corsair Gundam should get likewise.

Also, what's the necessity of weapons as powerful as an auto-shotgun and SMG? I mean, the cannon's one thing (a pirate without a cannon would be a crime), but having the SMG and shotgun are excessive.
I’ll make the changes to the number; the SMG and Auto shotgun are optional weapons. One or the other can be used in place of the 180mm, but would have to be equipped before a fight. Perhaps I should have been clearer about it only being able to equip one weapon at a time. (Hence Corsair Gundam’s minimal adaptability)
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Cardi Doorl

artmaster079: Calypso Gundam approved.

Heretic: Discussed over MSN :)

Psyden: ORegan's right in reminding us that this RPG is set decades before the events of G Gundam. In all honesty, I don't think a grunt - even if it's a prototype kinda deal - even needs ability points. I'm not too fond of a peripheral unit even having a special mode, but if you must, then make it something that rearranges the stat numbers without actually adding to the total at all. But regardless, thanks for cutting out the beam weaponry.

Psyden

I am only using the stat points as a means of comparing it to other units, since that is what the stat points are for: a reference.

Anyway, I made it to where the points are traded rather than gained.

Windmill's stats check out.

In my opinion, it is also the most generalized Gundam in the Finals.

Cardi Doorl

Heretic: Corsair Gundam approved.

The nation code for Neo Holland is "NO". Once that's fixed, the Windmill Gundam will be approved.

EDIT: On second thought, that's a pretty minor thing I can just edit myself - unreasonable for me to demand you do it. Windmill Gundam approved.

Psyden: Minuteman Prototype Approved.
Last edited by Cardi Doorl on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

EZero8

Wow... all of the recent units are really packing in offensive and power capabilities. I'm kinda screwed now... :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Cardi Doorl

You'll have to rely on that there agility to pull ya through. THat's how I'll need to play the Gundam Don Quixote as well.