Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

What I like to do with situations like that (wherein I want a character's name to be of a certain country/language/culture but don't know any names from such) is look around on Wikipedia on articles about people from that country/language/culture (in this case, Norway) and mix and match good-sounding names :)
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Folken Fanel

Good idea Cardi. I believe the new names will work.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Ziryab

Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Wedge14

You couldn't of posted those awesome helpful links a few days ago couldn't you?

*sigh*
BORIS Борис m Russian, Bulgarian, Slovene, German
Although usually explained as a short form of BORISLAV, it is most likely of Turkic origin, perhaps meaning "short" or "wolf"... [more]

BORISLAV Борислав m Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian
Means "fame in battle" from the Slavic element bor "battle" combined with slav "glory".
I have to say that is pretty darn cool!

Is there any chance of there being any kind of Tag Team matches or something gimmicky like that?
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Turinu

Wedge14 wrote:Is there any chance of there being any kind of Tag Team matches or something gimmicky like that?
I must say, I like this idea as well. I think a tag team match during the finals would be fun, kind of like when Burning and Nobel paired up for that one match.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

I like it as well, I think it'd make for an interesting fight.
Turinu

Now, if only I could be paired with a mobile fighter and pilot like Allenby... *Swoons.*

But yeah, anyways.. >> *Pulls self out of puddle.*

This could also be used as a means to make it to where a person with two characters could control both of them if they wanted to, or if they want to pair with a friend (either OOC friend, or a friend their character makes in the RPG) in order to take people down.

Personally, I think it'd be perfect for pulling off mad Super Robot combos and screaming out fancy combination names.
ORegan

why not a 3 on 3 at max? that would be awesome
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Wingnut

This isn't the Colosseum people. Plus if you have so quickly forgotten, the one-on-one rule is in effect for this RPG. It would have to be an extreme case for a battle to be otherwise. We don't have a nutcase like Wong running the show this time around after all.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ORegan

well it is being held in america, and atm Bush in in charge *hint hint, nudge nudge*

so i guess that the one on one rule also scratches out the royal rumble at the end too *is dissapointed now*
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Turinu

Wingnut wrote:This isn't the Colosseum people. Plus if you have so quickly forgotten, the one-on-one rule is in effect for this RPG. It would have to be an extreme case for a battle to be otherwise. We don't have a nutcase like Wong running the show this time around after all.
Well, I don't see why a 2v2 battle would be a bad idea. I honestly think it'd be a good idea for such a tournament. Even though the 1v1 rule is in place, it was the same in G Gundam as well; however, Neo America has the choice to change it.

Wong didn't change it because he was a nutcase; he was testing the pilots capabilities. >>.

Pairing with a partner in a round would allow for a more in depth combat, whereas the pilot needs to figure out how his or her partner operates in order to efficiently act in the battle. At least, that's how I see it.
Cardi Doorl

ORegan wrote:well it is being held in america, and atm Bush in in charge *hint hint, nudge nudge*
Let's stay away from political statements, shall we? Besides, whoever's in charge at the moment has no bearing on whoever's in charge in a fictional distant future.

As for tag-team battles - I'll talk with Heretic about it. I agree that'd be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how they would be factored into round-robin records, so there's that concern.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

they could be extra battles with no real bearing on the actual tournament
Fritz Ashlyn

ORegan wrote:well it is being held in america, and atm Bush in in charge *hint hint, nudge nudge*
Keep in mind that at least one of your RPG section mods is a Bush vote. :evil: (Hint: It's me.)

Like Cardi said, let's keep the politics out of the fictional giant robot cartoon forum.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Dark Duel

Personally, I really think One-on-One is fine. 2-v-2 at most, 3-v-3 and tag-team matches get confusing.

And hopefully, this is set far enough in the future that...nevermind, I'll just leave politics out of this. Like Fritz said, this is a fictional giant robot cartoon forum.

(Oh yeah. The necessary changes to my machine(and its pic) have been made. Sorry about the delay.)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Cardi Doorl

Dark Duel: Gundam Durendal now approved. For future reference, though; barrel measurements for beam rifles (or beam weapons of any variety) is unique to CE. ;)

Ziryab: For the Ultimate Attack "Thousand Limbs Strike", you mention it "activates [the] Gundam's heat hands and feet". This implies the feet can be heated, yet such weapons aren't listed. Was this just an accidental omission in your armaments, or maybe you'd intended to have heat feet but removed them and forgot to have the UA reflect that? Or maybe the UA description is just worded strangely?

The Grand Whirlwind is a pretty advanced move for this point in FC. Perhaps if it were usable only in Wuxia mode?

Also, as with the Luta Livre, I'm not seeing the need for the plethora of optional guns on a martial arts machine. I know you want to emphasize that this is an overhauled military unit, but methinks the beam pistols cover that well enough.

Heretic: I know we talked about the in-universe rationale for the strange model number, but really, I know Zedrich is a show-off/megalomaniac type, but I believe the Gundam model numbers have very strict regulations, likely set by particular protocols and whatnot. In that case, Zedrich's wish to give it a weird prefix, no matter how determined, would likely be shot down.

Ascension

I just wanted to ask... Could our support staff include a Butler-esque MS to train against?

I also just realized that I forgot to include a heat dirk in the Claymore Gundam's armaments, but I don't really want to add myself to the list of people pestering you about armaments, especially since I'm already approved, so I guess I'll just leave myself knifeless.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Psyden

If all else fails, he Heat Dirk can be an "after market" weapon which is added at a later date.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Heretic

Cardi Doorl wrote:Heretic: I know we talked about the in-universe rationale for the strange model number, but really, I know Zedrich is a show-off/megalomaniac type, but I believe the Gundam model numbers have very strict regulations, likely set by particular protocols and whatnot. In that case, Zedrich's wish to give it a weird prefix, no matter how determined, would likely be shot down.
Fine, Spoil my egotistical fun why don’t you. :roll: :P

Also, Zedrich Zeppelin
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!