Battlestar Galactica

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Ravager

Does season 3 of Galactica also have the winter breaks?
Anonymous

Interesting episode tonight although something in me is telling that this could have been better.

Well although it may have been a good idea to save the nukes for another time, I really wanted Adama to let fly with the nukes.

Guess I shouldn't have been surprised about how Athena decided to go and get her child back. Also, although it is a little muted, Helo finally and perhaps rightly lets loose on Roslin for what she had done.

More than likely, this will be the last time Lucy Lawless will be on the show since her character is pretty much dead.

I wonder what type of torture devices they have waiting for Baltar. :twisted:
Ravager

More than likely, this will be the last time Lucy Lawless will be on the show since her character is pretty much dead.
What do you mean by that?I thought there's hundreds of her at least
Anonymous

If you remember in the last few minutes of the episode, Brother Cavil said to the remaining D'anna model that they disabled her entire line and put them all into cold storage.
Ravager

:lol: Actually,the most recent Galactica episode i've seen was Lay Down Your Burdens,Part 2.No Sci Fi channel makes it tough.

Can they actually freeze the entire line?It must have something to do with her "prophet" actions huh
Chris
Administrator

Ravager wrote::lol: Actually,the most recent Galactica episode i've seen was Lay Down Your Burdens,Part 2.No Sci Fi channel makes it tough.

Can they actually freeze the entire line?It must have something to do with her "prophet" actions huh
If you're that far behind, you probably shouldn't read on because everything will be spoilers.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

It's pretty much "OH, S***!" time for Gaius now.

I really can't help but feel for Gaius. Yes he's a coward, but not every human is brave and willing to throw his life away. From day one, he's pretty much been alone with the exception of No. 6, afraid that he'll be executed for betraying humanity over the original Cylon attack should they find out, despite the fact that he was merely used.

Then he goes and becomes president and ends up having to shoulder the responsibility for the Cylon Occupation on New Caprica. Sure it was indirectly his fault that they found them at all, but after they came to New Caprica, what was he supposed to do? Fight back, then watch the Cylons nuke everybody? He may have had his own well-being as first priority, but resisting would have been worse for everybody. He's accused of having sided with the Cylons when he did no such thing. Had he refused to do what the Cylons said, they would have killed him, then just gone on about their occupation anyway. Or worse, decided to abandon the occupation and nuke the planet. People should have realized this and drawn the line at Gaius being a coward who didn't have the right to be president, but instead they just totally blew it up and labeled him a traitor who willingly sided with the Cylons. It takes a gun to his head, and the Cylons shooting one of their own who sides with him, to get him to sign an execution authorization paper, and he's willingly siding with them? Feh. Hardly. (yes, I know the fleet doesn't actually know this, but the fleet is being so ignorant that they aren't even considering the possibility that he was forced, all they want is a scapegoat)

Anyway, that's my feelings on the matter, in a nutshell. Really can't say what I think about whether or not he's one of the Final Five. Now, I think one of three things can be determined from the current situation:

1. Gaius is executed, and wakes up again on a Resurrection Ship. This shows he's one of the Final Five.

2. Gaius somehow escapes execution and is let back into the fleet. Undetermined yet whether or not he's one of the Final Five.

3. Gaius somehow escapes from the fleet and goes back to the Cylons. Undetermined yet whether or not he's one of the Final Five.

Most likely it'll be number 2, imo.
solid snake

Man, they are going to skin Baltar alive. :twisted:

I wonder if Starbuck is one of the Final Five.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Shinji103

solid snake wrote:I wonder if Starbuck is one of the Final Five.
I dunno about that. From the scene where Diane saw the Final Five from the dramatization we only know one of the Final Five. From the way Diane spoke, she knew that one and had been rude or otherwise disrespectful to it. (the way she went "I'm sorry, I didn't know.") I don't think Diane ever conversed with Starbuck, let alone be disrespectful to her.
solid snake

I was thinking more of the picture of the design from the temple, and the picture that Starbuck drew that Helo was comparing.
Shinji103

solid snake wrote:I was thinking more of the picture of the design from the temple, and the picture that Starbuck drew that Helo was comparing.
I know. My above post was my analysis for why I don't think she's a Cylon.

The drawing could have merely been from a vision thing, just like Laura Roslin had that hallucination back in season 1 where she saw a city in that picture of the abandoned ruins on Kobol.
Dendrobium Stamen

It's been noted on Battlestar Wiki (would link, but it's down at the minute - blame the "Rapture"-related traffic!) that Katee Sackhoff's been specifically told that Starbuck is the only possible Cylon who definitely isn't a toaster. So, no Cy-buck for us!

As for Galactica... haven't seen "Rapture" yet, but about to. All I can say to Season 3 so far though is... damn. I didn't have many complaints about Season 2, but for the most part the events post-"Lay Down Your Burdens" have been absolutely amazing, "Exodus Pt.2" in particular! Great show, great writing, great acting, and stylish ships!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
WingZero20xx

itd be interesting to see that baltar is one of the final 5 models. also, im curious how the love rectangle is eventually gonna end up b/w enders (i cant remember what his name is), starbuck, dualla, and lee. its obvious lee an starbuck r meant for each other but is lee really ready to give up on dualla?

SPOLIERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT SEEN "RAPTURE" YET AHEAD....
...................................................................................................
................................................................................................
...........................................................................................
......................................................................................
...................................................................................

also, are the humans gonna kill number six even after she helped athena escape. id personally like to see number six become another cylon ally to galactica.
Ravager

Does she still see her imaginary Baltar?
solid snake

Based on a preview I just saw for next weeks episode, it looks like Baltar might be a Cylon since it showed him waking up in a Resurrection Pit. That or the toasters made a clone of him.
Dendrobium Stamen

solid snake wrote:Based on a preview I just saw for next weeks episode, it looks like Baltar might be a Cylon since it showed him waking up in a Resurrection Pit. That or the toasters made a clone of him.
A somewhat spoilery interview with Ron Moore and/or David Eick (will link when Battlestar Wiki is back!) confirmed that the Baltar-in-download-tank pic that's been doing the rounds comes from a Baltar dream sequence, rather than the actual events of the series. So, while it adds fuel to the fire, it's not proof-positive of Baltar-as-Cylon.

Also, I believe it's been stated before that all twelve Cylon agents are based on archetypes of human the human condition - the twelve basic templates of humanity as the Cylons see them - rather than on actual people. So unless there's been a big shift in policy, Cylon-Baltar would have to be one of the Final Five, rather than copied from Human-Baltar... or something.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Shinji103

Hmmm, I just remembered, didn't Laura wipe all the charges and stuff on everybody who "cooperated" with the Cylons on New Carpica? Sure I can see them "tweaking" that statement just to bash down on Gaius, but I don't think Laura said anything that exempted Gaius from the waiver she announced on public TV. And if my theory below is right, then they don't have to worry about the public going apes*** over letting Gaius off the hook, should they choose to do so. (I really can't see them knocking Gaius off and out of the show yet)

Which makes me wonder if Tigh and the chief are going to tell Adama and Laura that they caught Gaius at all. They might be afraid that he'd partially "get off the hook" if they tell the brass. (or maybe Adama and Laura were already told when the chief brought Gaius up, and they just didn't show it on-screen)

If they do choose not to off him, then they don't need to worry about the public going nuts since he was brought back to Galactica all hush-hush. As long as everybody keeps their mouths shut.
solid snake

Plenty of people saw Baltar brought onboard Galactica. World will get around.
Shinji103

solid snake wrote:Plenty of people saw Baltar brought onboard Galactica. World will get around.
Well, true, there was the rest of the chief's team. (forgot about them, bleh) But they brought him up in a body bag to hide him. Obviously they were doing it on the hush-hush.
Anonymous

Here is what I thought of tonight's episode.

Hated:

-The quadruple thing between Lee, Kara, Dee, and Sam and especially how Lee performed in this episode. The only time I liked him during this episode was when he was at the bar with Tyrol.

-Hated how they intercutted between Gaeta and Baltar and the married couples having their own problems and all that.

Liked:

-Really freaky with what Baltar was going through and I have to admit that I really felt sorry for him.

-Liked the performances in this episode of EJO (who I think was having way too much fun torturing Baltar), MM (her outburst at the begining was a huge shocker), Michael Hogan (nice wisecracks as always) and of course, Mr. James Callis.

-Really liked the scene at the end where both Adama and Roslin were discussing about what to do with Baltar.