A Typical Episode of Gundam Seed Destiny

Your own tale of two mecha.
Destroy Gundam

Was there any basis for Lacus's SEED mode altering reality/moving the Eternal away from the Neo-Genesis blast?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Bezerker

Well done Thundermuffin well done.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Blue Comet

Never before have I seen a more well written or well thought out parody of a Gundam series in my life. A thing of greatness all the way from its hilarious beginning to its side-splitting finish. This is truly something to be proud of Thundermuffin.

Three cheers for our favorite Comedic Gundam Writer!

HIP HIP HOORAY! :D
HIP HIP HOORAY!! :D :D
HIP HIP HOORAY!!! :D :D :D
Thundermuffin

Destroy Gundam wrote:Was there any basis for Lacus's SEED mode altering reality/moving the Eternal away from the Neo-Genesis blast?
One part making fun of the fact that Gil just randomly destroys some of his own troops in the last episode of Destiny with Genesis. Something of a poor attempt to make him seem more "evil" I guess.

And one part due to the fact that Lacus is shown going into some super-secret special Seed mode in both final battles in Seed and Destiny and its nebulous and random and never explained, much like most of the stuff in Destiny. She doesn't get a "seed burst" but her pupils dillate. So I just interpreted it as her making the battle go the way she wanted it to go.
Destroy Gundam

Ah. I'm not quite sure that I understand that comic book reference that you threw in. What is Infinite Crisis, and how does punching a wall tie in to it?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
Vyron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Crisis
A note of warning; it is a somewhat confusing story.

Nice job Thundermuffin, its very funny.
Thundermuffin

Yeah, DC comics used it to clean up some of their messy continuity.

The short version; A Superman, Superboy, Lois Lane, and Alexander Luthor (the son of Lex Luthor) were the last survivors of a dying reality and "observed" the main DC Earth from a demensional "Eden" of sorts where they were more or less imprisoned.

However, Alex manipulated Superboy into trying to help him escape from this prison by punching the barriers of it, which happened to be a demensional "wall" into the main DC universe.

Superboy's subsequent and repeated punching of the demensional wall caused reality to alter in subtle and not-so-subtle ways in the main DC universe (the biggest thing would probably be the resurrection of the dead Robin, Jason Todd).

Any glitches or retcons in DC continuity can now be chalked up to "Superboy punches".

And this is just the SHORT version...

But Alex and Superboy's relationship was very similar to Rey and Shinn (the manipulator and the incredibly powerful angsty teenager), which I wanted to parody, but felt it would be far too confusing without some kind of massive explanation, which is just what I've just done right now...
Dark Duel

Thundermuffin wrote:the biggest thing would probably be the resurrection of the dead Robin, Jason Todd
Which in turn, led to him becoming one badass bad guy.
So I can't really complain.

And yeah, hilarious stuff. As always.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
solid snake

I noticed a few Star Wars jabs in there.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Thundermuffin

Yeah, Fukuda had Star Wars on the brain. Impossible for me not to poke fun at that.
Anonymous

Thundermuffin wrote:Yeah, Fukuda had Star Wars on the brain. Impossible for me not to poke fun at that.

Good idea to poke fun of considering the usage of such links in the show.
Thundermuffin

Something new is in the works.

Got a good idea. Sort of an endcap to the series.
Destroy Gundam

I look forward to it with great anticipation.

By the way, where'd you get the idea to give Lacus such a nasty temper?
Thundermuffin

Destroy Gundam wrote: By the way, where'd you get the idea to give Lacus such a nasty temper?
The fact that she is a psycho princess who seems to always get what she wants. She may play coy about it in the series, but she's obviously a master manipulator.

Then, as I've mentioned, I feel that Kira isn't as interested in her as the opposite.

Just had to figure out some comedic angle to protray how Lacus reacts when she doesn't get something she wants.
Thundermuffin

Yeah, I'm still here.

Work is steadily progressing on one more "extra" chapter. Probably be done within a few weeks, but don't quote me.

Here's a preview line-

STELLAR: (Frightened, peeking out from behind Shinn) Protect Stellar, magic cowboy!
mcred23

(Cheers)

I don't care how long it takes, but it's great to know were are getting an extra chapter.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Antares

Excellent news! We'll be eagerly waiting!
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Strike Zero

w00t! All hail Thundermuffin!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destroy Gundam

This is gonna be sweet. I don't mind waiting for another year, because this is well worth waiting for.

Did you draw any inspiration from "Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series" by any chance? I see a lot of the same plot devices (ex: Limited awareness of the 4th Wall).
Thundermuffin

I draw inspiration from every parody or rewrite I've ever read; most follow the same script or teleplay format. I've noticed precious few Gundam ones though, and with everything to make fun of in Destiny, I'm surprised I've run into very few satires on it. Most of it is just fan bile on message boards, which can be comedic however when you have the characters themselves note these flaws.

Yeah, the level of awareness of the fourth wall varies based on what would be funny.

I can say though that this next chapter pretty much steps across the fourth wall the whole way through.