Transformers the movie thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Nagato21

NOOO What did those monsters did to Starscream? :x
I mean look at him his bulky and fat
The real Starcream should be elegant, fast, well balanced with a grin of ambition.
That thing is supose to be Megatron rival. Damn this sucks :?
Anyway Megatron looks awesome, Optimus Prime is still his old classic self.
I just hope they fix Starscream, either way the movie shows some good potentia
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
codename:v

Well, at least now we all know that Starscream and the APUs (why does it sounds like ah-poo) are related.
bluemax151

I'm glad I'm not a big transformers fan. This movie looks like it's going to be disappointing to say the least.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Revan Vrake

Well, that image of Starscream has the design semi-crouching, at least to my eyes. So there is a chance the actual robot is taller.

Megatron reminds me of Godzilla for some reason, I don't know why...
Nagi

Revan Vrake wrote:Megatron reminds me of Godzilla for some reason, I don't know why...
The way the metal is contoured probably reminds you of the odd way Godzilla's skin had all those grooves in it. Or at least that's my guess; now that you've mentioned it, I see a similar likeness.
solid snake

Here's some more pictures of the various Transformers as well as some production photos:

http://www.jalopnik.com/photogallery/transformers/
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Strike Zero

Well, it looks like they fixed up Starscream a little bit. He looks much cooler and more sinister now. :twisted:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Transformers movie trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transfo ... xxBY5fVXcA

Hmm, looking at that trailer, I must say that I have mixed feelings. While I'm overjoyed Transformes the live action movie is really coming:

It seems like it's going to be quite different from the original TV series. (not really a bad thing on its own)

It seems like the overall mood will be much darker. It seems we'll see the Decepticons killing humans and such, like that one scene in the trailer with that drill-arm sneaking up on a human soldier. This in turn is going to crank up the age rating on the movie, which might have adverse effects.

The mecha designs are, well, ugly in comparison to the TV series. Granted, physically speaking, Transformers can't look that cool and sleek in robot form and at the same time transform so neatly into sleekm neat vehicle forms. But it just looks odd.
wing zero alpha

I rather like the new designs, even if they are a bit out there. At least they kept true to Optimus' original form to a degree. Also, since most of the original Transformers fans are now pretty much in their teenage or adult years, I don't think the heightened rating will be a problem.
RGM-79G GM Command

I agree that it looks great, but I really don't like the new designs either. I just hope they can actually aim their weapons, when compared to the newer shows that is. (IMO it seems like they miss all the time except for when one of them shows up for the first time and owns the others. :roll: )
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Ascension

Wow... The still pics didn't impress me much, but now that I see the new designs in motion... I love them... They look so robotic, so sinister, not like the friendly-looking, brightly-colored original designs... although I think I would have used a different design style for the Autobots, made them look a bit less threatening, a bit more like "good guys"...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
SNT1

I think I saw the Camaro Concept car :D

anyways, looks good. While I'm no fan of Transformers, as a 'casual' viewer so to speak, I think it looks great. I know what O. Prime looks like, and seeing it rendered like it is in the movie just makes me wanna see more.
Heretic

It has my interest. But after seeing that trailer my first thought was “I want a BattleTech Movie.”
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
wing zero alpha

Ascension wrote:although I think I would have used a different design style for the Autobots, made them look a bit less threatening, a bit more like "good guys"...
Considering that the Autobots are all designed around sports cars or rescue vehicles whereas the Decepticons are all military weapons (aside from the one that's a police car), I think it's fairly easy to tell which are the good guys and which are the bad guys.
Shinji103

wing zero alpha wrote:Also, since most of the original Transformers fans are now pretty much in their teenage or adult years, I don't think the heightened rating will be a problem.
I was talking about the mood of the original series. The old fans of the original Transformers might be put off by a higher age rating because they were probably looking forward to a more loyal retelling of the original Transformers. A darker mood, or even slight gore as hinted by the trailer, might put off fans of the old series, as we all know that there are people who like to stick with tradition.

wing zero alpha wrote:
Ascension wrote:although I think I would have used a different design style for the Autobots, made them look a bit less threatening, a bit more like "good guys"...
Considering that the Autobots are all designed around sports cars or rescue vehicles whereas the Decepticons are all military weapons (aside from the one that's a police car), I think it's fairly easy to tell which are the good guys and which are the bad guys.
I think his point was more about sticking with tradition than it was about being able to discern the Autobots from the Decepticons.

Also, one line in that trailer that just sounded kinda stupid: "Step out of the vehicle or we will kill you." It just sounds stupid and awkward, since what they would actually say is "Step out of the vehicle or we will open fire" or something closer to those lines. Not a big thing, but it just sounds stupid. Like hearing Heero telling Relena "I'll destroy you" in the Cartoon Network edits of Gundam Wing. Just bleh.
SNT1

Shinji103 wrote:Also, one line in that trailer that just sounded kinda stupid: "Step out of the vehicle or we will kill you." It just sounds stupid and awkward, since what they would actually say is "Step out of the vehicle or we will open fire" or something closer to those lines. Not a big thing, but it just sounds stupid. Like hearing Heero telling Relena "I'll destroy you" in the Cartoon Network edits of Gundam Wing. Just bleh.
look on the bright side; at least it's not "Step out of the vehicle, or we will destroy you."

:shock: :roll:
wing zero alpha

Shinji103 wrote:I was talking about the mood of the original series. The old fans of the original Transformers might be put off by a higher age rating because they were probably looking forward to a more loyal retelling of the original Transformers. A darker mood, or even slight gore as hinted by the trailer, might put off fans of the old series, as we all know that there are people who like to stick with tradition.
So far that hasn't been the case. Most of the complaints going around are for the designs, not around the fact the Decepticons are actually killing people (which they were technically trying to do in G1 but was never depicted due to the target age). Besides, from what I've seen on the trailer, the worst that can happen is Transformers getting a PG-13 rating, and even then that would be light compared to most movies out there.

And as far as "mood" goes, people go for the darker atmosphere. Why do you think the original Transformers Movie is such a cult classic?
I think his point was more about sticking with tradition than it was about being able to discern the Autobots from the Decepticons.
I know what he meant, but then the original Decepticons weren't that far from the original Autobots either.
Also, one line in that trailer that just sounded kinda stupid: "Step out of the vehicle or we will kill you." It just sounds stupid and awkward, since what they would actually say is "Step out of the vehicle or we will open fire" or something closer to those lines. Not a big thing, but it just sounds stupid. Like hearing Heero telling Relena "I'll destroy you" in the Cartoon Network edits of Gundam Wing. Just bleh.
I actually thought it made sense to say "kill", considering Blackout pretty much flew into a US Air Force base unannounced and most likely not generating the right IFF (which would scare more than one air traffic controller), although I also admit it does sound a little awkward.
Shinji103

wing zero alpha wrote:So far that hasn't been the case. Most of the complaints going around are for the designs, not around the fact the Decepticons are actually killing people (which they were technically trying to do in G1 but was never depicted due to the target age). Besides, from what I've seen on the trailer, the worst that can happen is Transformers getting a PG-13 rating, and even then that would be light compared to most movies out there.
Possibly only because we don't know for sure it will be more violent. We do know for sure what the mecha designs look like though, so naturally we're hearing things about that. But people aren't going to start big discussions about stuff they don't know is going to happen for sure.

This isn't most movies out there. This is the Transformers movie. A series which has a tradition of not being dark. Even the Japanese Transformers animes weren't dark-mooded, and we all know they could have been quite dark if they'd wanted, lol.
wing zero alpha wrote:And as far as "mood" goes, people go for the darker atmosphere. Why do you think the original Transformers Movie is such a cult classic?
The original Transformers didn't have a dark atmosphere like the one this movie seems like it might have. I'm talking about how some, maybe even many people won't like a darker mood and would have preferred to be more traditional. We know these types of people are out there.
Lert

Shinji103 wrote: I'm talking about how some, maybe even many people won't like a darker mood and would have preferred to be more traditional. We know these types of people are out there.
'These types of people' huh .. hehehe. :D

Yes, that is true. And those 'types of people' won't much like the movie if it's darker in mood than the original cartoon. But I'm not one of them. Also, a darker mood might bring in new fans, because there's also 'those types of people' ..
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Scyron

Maybe Megatron will kill a human, lord knows he theatens too but never did in the TV series. Hell a handicapped kid took some plans and emailed some other guy them and when Megatron cought wind of it all he did was stop Starscream from killing the human.