Video Games That Should Become Movies

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
solid snake

Definitely a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Also Zone of the Enders and Ace Combat 5 as well as every Final Fantasy.

I'm sure there are more I'd like to see but i can't think of them at the moment.

Toxicity wrote:I think a splinter cell movie would be kinda cool.
I think a Splinter Cell movie is in production.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Bright Noa

I wouldn't mind seeing a Half-Life movie, personally.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
SNT1

speaking of movies, which game->movie was the most successful anyway?

Tomb Raider? FFVII Advent Children?
Bright Noa

SNT1 wrote:speaking of movies, which game->movie was the most successful anyway?

Tomb Raider? FFVII Advent Children?
I think Advent Children did better out of the two......I'm not sure.....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Blauer Nebel

Besides, they're making a Halo movie. What could be better than a Halo movie?
Although it has been stated, I feel I must reiterate.

As much as I would like to have seen the Halo movie come to fruition, it appears that Hollywood politics would not allow for it. Bottom line is, the budget for the movie was just too much. The producers bailed as well as the studio I think. For a while the movie just kinda sat around waiting for someone else to take up the project, but it was not to be. For all intents and purposes, the Halo movie is dead, unless someone decides to take up the project again.

I'm actually a little surprised that nobody else brought this up, but what about a Mega Man movie?
Assume the best. Prepare for the worst; for I have the hands of a saint and the mind of a sinner.
Camille Vidan

Duke Nukem baby, that would be fun. I'd like to see Postal too, but i know it's already in production by Mr. Boll. :\
Toxicity

Mechassault/Mechwarrior.
Big Robots, Big explosions. Nuff Said.
Camille Vidan

Mechassault/Mechwarrior.
Big Robots, Big explosions. Nuff Said.
Word.
Strike Zero

Okay, when I started this thread, the idea was to figure out what games would make good movies. Then I come back to find that over half the posts on the front page are about how video game moves suck and why they shouldn't be made into movies.

C'mon people, I am aware that most video game movies tend to suck. Which is why I said in the beginning that we should assume that they would be made well into movies. That said, I would like to hear your opinions as to which games would make good movies and why.

Anyway...

More movies I would like to see:

Devil May Cry, Mechwarrior, and maybe a Shadow of the Collosus movie/series.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
RGM-79G GM Command

Random_GM_Pilot wrote:
Folken Fanel wrote:Besides, they're making a Halo movie. What could be better than a Halo movie?
Pretty much anything? I've never been a fan of Halo and after playing through the first game, I honestly have no idea what everyone's so excited over. As for a Kingdom Hearts movie, it seems like it'd be tough to condense everything into a movie. Something like Resident Evil would work well as a movie, but they absolutely BUTCHERED the first game's story until it only slightly resembled RE1.
They did a pretty good job with the manga, so a Kingdom Hearts movie could be possible if it was like that. (I forgot about Mechwarrior. >_<)
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
alucard2

Shadow of Colossus???

Wonderful!!!

but im wondering how they would fit every fight in 2~3 hours without butchering some of them...granted that,it would also need a bit of storyline as the game offers little to none
Revan Vrake

Hmm...

Seeing a movie based off Warhammer 40,000 might be interesting as well. (I know its not a true videogame, but I think it might still count).

Crimson Skies would be another interesting movie (Although it might get compared to sky captain a lot)

A Starcraft movie would be an interesting twist as well.
Anonymous

would have been nice if the second RE movie wasn't so bad :roll: i'd like to see it redone and better

fyi: they have already annouced a MGS movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808372/

as well as halo:
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=halo
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Don't care what anyone else says! Phoenix Wright should become a movie.

I'd like to see a movie based on Knights of the Old Republic as well
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Scyron

volrath77 wrote:
Silent Hill? An ok effort but again, same problem with RE. Why do they have to butcher the storyline anyway? Not to mention that I just don't get the same feeling of dread from the games. Hnh. At a superficial (non-gamer) level, SH worked but for the purists? No sir, it just fell flat. Palatable but flat.
I'm looking forward to postal since the game I felt was so unbuyablely bad (fun but not something I'd waste money on) that is can only bring about hilarious results, which already is a given for how bad boll's movies are. *looks around for uwe to make sure he isn't going to run up and punch him*

Silent Hill, ahh :D

I loved the movie and I'm as a diehard fan as one can come, I even purchased those really awful comic books. I'm thinking if they kept it to how the games are and without Red Pyramid then we would be left with 2 action scenes and hardly any violence. I sure as hell didn't want to see Harry run around for a good hour killing one or two monsters at a time then take another half hour to solve some mindless puzzle.

The thing was I went in with no expectation of how it would be, had I gone in thinking it would be like the game I would have left pissed. Maybe it is me but I felt Christoph Gans did an excellent adaptation of the series, and I hope a second will come about. It probably helps though that Akira Yamaoka was an executive producer and over saw the shoot. He is one of the last members of team silent that still work at konami, as well as his own music. I just wish Takayoshi Sato over saw the shoot or monster design since I feel his did great work on silent hill 2 and the CGI sequences of SH1
SNT1

Grand Theft Auto anyone?

:shock:
Camille Vidan

But only with CJ and co.
Xenogil

I'd like to see a Metroid movie. It would be neat if someone like James Cameron got on board and worked on it!
Cybaster

...And I don't want to even elaborate on the steaming piles of excrement that is Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. ZE GOGGLES! ZEY DO NOTHINGK!
You seem to have left out a major example of when Video Games and Movies generally will and do not mix: Super Mario Brothers.

*dies* x_x
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Blue Comet

Heh I know that it would be probably be past its prime now but how about a River City Ransom movie?

Just two guys fighting in battle scenes for 2 hours while having the title fight song play for most of it. :P (You all know how it goes).

To be honest, I'd pay to see that. :)