The Most _____ Moment in anything Gundam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
plutoniumhunter

How about a moment from Stardust?
Gato: You are just a grunt! You're useless!
Kou : Yes, Sir.
Gato : I'M THE ENEMY, YOU IDIOT!!!
" Age is a matter of the mind " - South Burning
Bright Noa

plutoniumhunter wrote:How about a moment from Stardust?
Gato: You are just a grunt! You're useless!
Kou : Yes, Sir.
Gato : I'M THE ENEMY, YOU IDIOT!!!
Lol....I forgot about that moment.
Laughed my ass off for a good 10 minutes thanks to Kou's wonderful attention span......
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

The Most Chesiest: Allenby suddenly appearing before Domon as a fairy, telling him to express his feelings for Raine.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

The only one that comes to mind is:

Funniest: When Meer dies. She's shot, twirls like a ballerina, and breaths her last breaths of regret. I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. It went a little something like this...

(smirking an evil grin thinking "This is the happiest day of my life, seeing that bitch die finally! So what if everyone else thinks it's sad, I don't. I would laugh and dance in their faces...")

That's all I can think of for now. Oh, and for those who think I'm cruel for posting this...I...don't...care.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Krogoth255

Biggest WTF moment?: It would have to be Colony Devil Gundam creating huge tubes to "tentacle rape" the Earth. It so blatantly violates the laws of matter and energy conservation that it hurts my head not that G Gundam had a good track of enforcing the law.

Best "OMFG, I AM GETTING PWNED BY A N00B!" expression: Kira in GSD 34 when fired the first shot against the Impulse and it narrowly misses. A close follow-up would be the one fat Zeon captain in MSG 38 after his squadron of Rick Doms gets annihilated by Amuro and Sayla.

Here is his immortalized quote
"All twelve Rick Doms gone in under three minutes? That ship must be some kind of monster!"

Best final showdown: You would expect that Turn A and X and their pliots to go out in a huge flash. Instead they just finished it off with a sword fight. It is a shame that nanites from damaged Turns ended it prematurely.

Best first-time activation: When Garrod first activated the GX by jamming the G-Controller and saying "There is a god, if this works". It works and then he proceeds to nail some poor Daughtresses.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty wrote:The only one that comes to mind is:

Funniest: When Meer dies. She's shot, twirls like a ballerina, and breaths her last breaths of regret. I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. It went a little something like this...

(smirking an evil grin thinking "This is the happiest day of my life, seeing that **** die finally! So what if everyone else thinks it's sad, I don't. I would laugh and dance in their faces...")

That's all I can think of for now. Oh, and for those who think I'm cruel for posting this...I...don't...care.
I found that part to most forced, overdramatized scene in Gundam.

Ok she just got shot. Big deal and at same it was sad that the most developed, flawed character in GSD ate it.
Last edited by Krogoth255 on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darn you F-Types!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Funniest: During the Sea of Loreilei arc, and they began telling Ghost stories. All of a sudden, the doctor turns the lights off next thing you know, Witz is seen grabbing onto Robeya.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Wingnut

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Funniest: During the Sea of Loreilei arc, and they began telling Ghost stories. All of a sudden, the doctor turns the lights off next thing you know, Witz is seen grabbing onto Robeya.
Actually the Doc was reciteing the poem about the Lorelei maiden when it was Kid that turned out the lights on them and spooked the crew, leading to Witz clinging on to Robeya. Tifa and Garrod as well as Sara and Tonya were also clinging to each other when the lights came back on.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Bright Noa

Wingnut wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Funniest: During the Sea of Loreilei arc, and they began telling Ghost stories. All of a sudden, the doctor turns the lights off next thing you know, Witz is seen grabbing onto Robeya.
Actually the Doc was reciteing the poem about the Lorelei maiden when it was Kid that turned out the lights on them and spooked the crew, leading to Witz clinging on to Robeya. Tifa and Garrod as well as Sara and Tonya were also clinging to each other when the lights came back on.
Proof as to why you should never underestimate the ship's mechanics.
You never know when they may genuinely scare the bejeezus out of you.
Thundermuffin

Krogoth255 wrote:
Best "OMFG, I AM GETTING PWNED BY A N00B!" expression: Kira in GSD 34 when fired the first shot against the Impulse and it narrowly misses.
On a similar track, Best "Why the hell are we listening to this??" moment comes when Shinn in Blast Impulse opens fire on Cagalli after she gives another of her hilarious "you are being naughty, Orb!" speeches over the ocean in Strike Rouge.

This is followed by another Kira "OMFG, I missed!!" moment when Freedom swipes at Blast Impulse, and Shinn twists out of the way and slashes back at him.
Dark Duel

On the same line, the best "OMGWTFBBQ?????" moment in GSD is Kira repeatedly(and unsuccessfully) beam-spamming Destroy at Berlin.

Or as Derringer over at Z-C put it:
Kira:"Damnit why isn't my gay beamspam working?"
Stella:"Beam Shield FTW. DIE FLY!!"

LOL. If only it hadn't gone down the way it did...
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destroy Gundam

Most "Holy shit!" Moment: The 5 Destroys advancing out of Heaven's base. Arthur's reaction is priceless.

Most "OMGWTFBBQ?" Moment: The Regenerate transforming into MS mode. I doubt Lowe thought a mobile that large existed.

Most "What just hit me?" Moment: The Regenerate performing a "fly-by" on the Amatu. Rondo Mina never knew what hit her.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Bright Noa

Dark Duel wrote:On the same line, the best "OMGWTFBBQ?????" moment in GSD is Kira repeatedly(and unsuccessfully) beam-spamming Destroy at Berlin.

Or as Derringer over at Z-C put it:
Kira:"Damnit why isn't my gay beamspam working?"
Stella:"Beam Shield FTW. DIE FLY!!"

LOL. If only it hadn't gone down the way it did...
You left out a line from Derringer's post. I humbly added in that line.
Destroy Gundam

I don't see any difference.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Bright Noa

Destroy Gundam wrote:I don't see any difference.
Derringer said "gay beamspam" on Z-C.
Dark Duel left off the "beam" part from "beamspam" in his earlier post.
It just sounds funnier when you say "gay beamspam" instead of "gay spam".
Dark Duel

Whoops. sorry. I was rushing before heading off to work.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
UrbanSniper

I suppose you could call it a good karmic moment: 0083, when Cima gets slammed in the gut by unit 3's big cannon and after the impact shatters her helmet's faceplate she just gets vaped when Kou pulls the trigger. Always loved that one.
Anonymous

Most WTF Moment: During Char's speach in the English dub of CCA, he pronounces Titans as "Teetahns".
Zetsu

That's how it's pronounced in the original Japanese audio since Zeta Gundam.
VR7

Kind of like when Snake yells out "Metal Gear!"

"Amuro!"
"Char!"
"Amuro!"
"Char!"
"Amuro!"
"Char!"

I remember hearing this in a number of instances when Amuro and Char encounter each other, especially in Zeta Gundam and Char's Counterattack.

I say these are the best moments in Gundam. Ever.
-noel
"Kamille! Kamille!

Re: Kind of like when Snake yells out "Metal Gear!"

VR7 wrote:"Amuro!"
"Char!"
"Amuro!"
"Char!"
"Amuro!"
"Char!"

I remember hearing this in a number of instances when Amuro and Char encounter each other, especially in Zeta Gundam and Char's Counterattack.

I say these are the best moments in Gundam. Ever.
"AMURO!"
"SHAAAA!"

That's a classic Tomino characteristic. Every time a character does something, everyone around them has to say their name. There was a time where I would mow down about 5 Z Gundam episodes a day: I had "Emma-chui!" "Quattro-tai!" "Brighto-chui!" "Fa!" and my personal favorite, "JELIDO!" (Jerid) in my head for weeks. (I know no Japanese and have no idea how to spell out the ranks, that's just what they sound like.)

I have one of my own to add, at that.

Best Gundam name-call: "SHEO!!" (F91--just sounds hilarious. guy's name is Theo, ftr.)