What's Your Latest Game?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
mcred23

Well, I went and got The Godfather for my 360 on Monday, and I've spent the bulk of my free time since then playing it. All in all, I've quite happy with it.

And loving my upgraded M1928. :twisted:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Emperor Mengde

Just finished Enchanted Arms, so I picked up Saint's Row after trying out the demo. It really is not much more than a GTA clone, but it is a really fun one so I'm not complaining.
bluemax151

Corvus Moore wrote:It was always a tough series of games,partially at times due to slow turning circles and enemies with stun weaponry.
It's sorta disappointing now. They basically attempted to balance the game and yet they left the hacked enemy ACs in.

I just got

Samurai Warriors 2 - mindless fun
SEED Never Ending Tomorrow - It was cheap but man this game is garbage
Gundam vs. Zeta - My friends wouldn't stop complaining about how I needed to buy this. Now it just sits there..............
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
RGM-79G GM Command

Just got Gun Metal, and almost got Halo 2.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Anonymous

Finally bought Urban Chaos..really promotes americas military as the ultimate force...still fun though...bit short.
tetsujin

bluemax151 wrote:
Corvus Moore wrote:It was always a tough series of games,partially at times due to slow turning circles and enemies with stun weaponry.
It's sorta disappointing now. They basically attempted to balance the game and yet they left the hacked enemy ACs in.
(Lest people be confused - the topic here is Armored Core.)

I've been playing a bit of Armored Core 2 lately and I'm frankly surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Maybe it's nostalgia (it was one of the first PS2 games I bought, and I played it a lot) and maybe a bit of fondness for the designs (I think the AC3 designs were a step down) but I feel like the missions are better, the environments are bigger, and the game is just in some ways better than Nexus. I think AC2 was what they wanted the new generation of AC games to be, before they realized that the PS2 wasn't quite capable of that. :)

As for the newer stuff - I guess in some ways I don't know entirely how to feel about the more recent AC games. All the AC3 series I've played (up to Nexus, that is) as well as the ones I haven't (9B and Last Raven) and the upcoming AC4 - I don't know if I'm quite sure enough about how I feel yet to say I'm "disappointed", only that part of me misses AC2 - the AC2 meshes, the AC2 missions, the AC2 environments... AC2 hasn't disappeared or anything, I just feel like the series is moving away from what I feel like was its best moment...

But as for "hacked" enemy ACs - I assume you're referring to enemies not having shoulder cannon restrictions and such - it's pretty much inevitable at this point. It's tough to make an AI that can pilot one of those things well, so obstacles, where they're abundant, need to be destructible, and the AI can't be stuck dealing with unnecessary complications in general. The situation will hopefully improve with AC4, as the game will have greater resources to run AI programs with...
Cardi Doorl

Ha, saying that AC has moved away from goodness of AC2!? I'm a senile geezer who thought AC2 was blasphemy compared the games that came before it! :D

Master of Arena and Project Phantasma all the way!
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
tetsujin

Cardi Doorl wrote:Ha, saying that AC has moved away from goodness of AC2!? I'm a senile geezer who thought AC2 was blasphemy compared the games that came before it! :D

Master of Arena and Project Phantasma all the way!
Well, one of these days I'll get myself copies of MoA and PP and see what all the fuss is about. :) I wish I'd done that back when local game stores still carried used PSX games. :(
G.Squirrel

I recently got System Shock 2. Awesome game!
Cardi Doorl

tetsujin wrote:Well, one of these days I'll get myself copies of MoA and PP and see what all the fuss is about. :) I wish I'd done that back when local game stores still carried used PSX games. :(
Nah, if you grew up into the AC2 series, then you'll probably not like anything from AC1. Well lookie here, I'm almost making it sound like you're some whippersnapper (for all I know, you could be older than I :/)

I know only a small handful of people who, like me, started with AC1. The few others I know who play AC at all are almost invariably AC2ers who, when checking out AC1, grossly dislike it. I, meanwhile, just absolutely couldn't stand AC2.

Interesting, considering the differences between the different AC strains are really kinda minor when you step back a good deal. I guess when you really get into the game, even the smallest subtle change throws everything off and makes it all feel unnatural. That's certainly how it was when I played AC2.

But I digress to a scandalous degree. Let us allow this thread to return to its original purpose.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Destroy Gundam

Loved System Shock 2.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
bluemax151

AC1 is alright but it lacks the features of the newer games and the graphics are well extremely dated. Plus the whole last boss being a giant super computer is kind of lame IMHO.

As far as hacked AC's go yes the newer games have overweight ludicrously armed ravens that literally hover in the air and strafe you while firing shoulder weapons with pinpoint accuracy. In fact some of the non seeking munitions noticeably seek your AC when the enemy AC's use them. So now I just cheat and use a bazooka and stun enemies so they can't move and kill them slowly :D

oh and I just got
Valkyrie Profile 2: I haven't been this excited about a game in some time
X-men Legends II: I never play my psp copy because it's just lame solo
Wild Arms Alter Code F: because it was cheap and I was curious
こいつ が ガンダム か
tetsujin

Cardi Doorl wrote:
tetsujin wrote:Well, one of these days I'll get myself copies of MoA and PP and see what all the fuss is about. :) I wish I'd done that back when local game stores still carried used PSX games. :(
Nah, if you grew up into the AC2 series, then you'll probably not like anything from AC1.
I was quite pleasantly surprised by what AC2 had to offer, once I finally went back to playing it. (After playing Nexus I was even rather hesitant to go back to any of the AC games without full analog control - but when I finally did go back to aiming with the shoulder buttons, I found I was still surprisingly good at it...) Low-poly models are a drag but I wouldn't let that stop me from playing a cool game. (Though I must admit, I think when I played AC it was on a PSX emulator at higher resolution than a real PSX, rather than on my PS2... I should really figure out where I put that game disc.)

But I am broke, broke, hardly any money at all to spare on old PSX games. :(
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I couldn't get use to the controls to ACE2, that and the camra angels made me dizzy every time I played it.

Anyways, add Okami to my list.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Qubeley

Hmm, I forgot I can afford a new game. The last AC I played was Nexus, but it aggravated me too much, particularly with hacked ACs. I don't have that anymore, so the AC I still have is Silent Line. I started the AC series with AC1, then AC2 and AA, and AC3 and SL. I know, it's not a complete experience, but the most thrills I've has were from AC1 and AC3/SL. I remember noticing a dramatic handling difference between SL and AC3, but Nexus seemed to go back to AC3 handling.

Dang, I haven't seriously played AC in so long, but the one time I checked out SL for kicks, I found I hadn't lost my edge, and infact I consistently bested my AI, which I cultivated to be unbeatable by me in my heyday. I can't even follow what the new ACs are. Given what little I've said, any recommendation on which post-Nexus AC to get first?

It'll probably be a month before I can play a different game than Oblivion, SRW@3, and Disgaea 2.
bluemax151

Last Raven is the only AC I have seen new in stores lately. It's like $29.99 I think. I had a heck of a time finding Nexus myself.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RGM-79G GM Command

bluemax151 wrote:Last Raven is the only AC I have seen new in stores lately. It's like $29.99 I think. I had a heck of a time finding Nexus myself.
I saw Nexus new at a Gamestop, but I got Last Raven instead. Anyway my newest games are Front mission 4, and Halo 2.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Chris
Administrator

Just picked up a copy of New Super Mario Bros to go along with my new black DS Lite. Amazing game.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dark Duel

Just got AC2...custom-colored my AC orange and white, with some grey and black.
I like it. I really do like it...Next month I'll get Dirge of Cerberus.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Xenogil

Just finished Xenosaga III, and I just picked up Rockman ZX. Big improvment over the Zero series; it lacks a ranking system.