Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Fall_Ryan

Hey all.

Some of you may have known me from the Gundam Project and Gundamwatch (as a complete idiot :lol: ) and I've been out of the Mecha scene for ages. MAHQ was always my favorite place to check out line art and specs.

Watched 08th MST on You Tube last week and started feeling nostalgic so I went out and bought a HGUC GM Command and HG GM[G] and started in on them.

So yeah, looks like some nice digs here.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Hi.

The name is ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty, and, by classification, one of the newest mecha flunkies. I have seen Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam 0079, Gundam 0080, Char's Counterattack, Gundam 0083, Endless Waltz, 08th MS Team, and Gundam SEED. I am a Gundam fan fiction writer, writing stories putting myself and my buds into Gundam SEED in any way possible; as Orb pilots, as Terminal pilots, as pirates, as civilians thrown into chaos, you name it. I am glad to be a new member, and I hope I can make any sort of contribution to the Mecha Talk Forum.

Signed, ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Kishiria

I'm Kishiria, and I've been around Gundam fandom for a pretty long time now. I was feeling bereft from the lack of Gundam boards out there, but someone mentioned this one and I took a look.

I'm already posting my fanfiction and hope to be around for a good long time.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Wingnut

Kishiria wrote:I'm Kishiria, and I've been around Gundam fandom for a pretty long time now. I was feeling bereft from the lack of Gundam boards out there, but someone mentioned this one and I took a look.

I'm already posting my fanfiction and hope to be around for a good long time.
Good to see you around Kish. It is true that right now this is the biggest and argueably best english speaking Gundam board on the net right now.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SpiderMew

*A cloud of smoke appears with a sound like a needle pricking a baloon*

????: *Cough cough, choke* aaaaag... ok...

*The smoke clears revealing a 4 and a half foot tall thing (for better description look at avatar)

SpiderMew: Salutations! I am SpiderMew, I come from the great land of over there *points in a direction randomly*

I love Mechs and ive been making franken gundams sence it first got popular (though my showcase was limited to an old image enabled chat i used to go to) But when my mac died 5 or 6 years ago i couldnt anymore (i miss appleworks 5), untill recently (well really earlyer this year) I found a program called gimp and its been working quite well.

Edit: @\/: A contest? Aww dang... too bad i missed out, anyway i just finished posting my works so far in the fanart section. Thanks for the link btw.

Sorry i kinda rabled there for a bit...

The real me turns 23 this october and im really 6'4

The thing that made me a fan of Mecha was the First Armored Core game for the playstation
Last edited by SpiderMew on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Interesting entrence. Welcome to Mecha Talk. Too bad you didn't join up about a month sooner as you could've participated in our FrankenGundam contest that has been going on this month. Anyway, here is a extensive listing of lineart by Mark Simmons for you to play with and come up with some kind of creations with.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
mcred23

Actually, he can still be in the Franken contest. Entires may be submitted until the 30th, so there is still time.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
green zero x ranger

hi my name is green zero x ranger and i am special ed person and my robot is wing custom zero
gzxr
His Divine Shadow

Most of you know me from a myriad of other places. My rep speaks for itself.

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." - Jack London

Appropo enough for this, I think. Time enough has been wasted; perhaps there is time enough still.
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
EZero8

Welcome to Mechatalk! Just to note, your avatar is too big as the size limit is 80x80 pixels here. Please remove it.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
His Divine Shadow

EZero8 wrote:Welcome to Mechatalk! Just to note, your avatar is too big as the size limit is 80x80 pixels here. Please remove it.
Removal, no. Alter size, definitely. :lol:

I love this new layout. The ezBoard had nothing on this. :D
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
EZero8

His Divine Shadow wrote:Removal, no. Alter size, definitely. :lol:

I love this new layout. The ezBoard had nothing on this. :D
Ahh yes, that works too. And yeah, this is quite different from the old and horrid ezBoard. :wink:

Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Kishiria

WHOOHOO! Welcome, HDS! Fanfic will be perpetrated.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Wingnut

Kishiria wrote:WHOOHOO! Welcome, HDS! Fanfic will be perpetrated.
Haveing read those fics by both of you, and knowing your general positions, I am experienceing more of a sence of dread and/or terror then I have ever felt on these forums before.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Rei Murasame

Welcome, HDS, and Kishiria - I must say I absolutely love your work~

*swoons*
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
Antares

'ello everybody. I've been raiding MAHQ for mecha knowledge for some time now so I decided I might finally 'fess up and stop lurking in the background.
Gundam is currently my mecha os choice. Oh and I also fanfic. I may advertise later. ;)
Anonymous

hello people of mahq

this is the f.j.

and i've one thing to ask are you ready?

then for the tens in the forum, hundreds surfing on the forum, & millions on the world let get ready to KLAC IT!
mcred23

You are going to get banned.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Folken Fanel

f.j. wrote:hello people of mahq

this is the f.j.

and i've one thing to ask are you ready?

then for the tens in the forum, hundreds surfing on the forum, & millions on the world let get ready to KLAC IT!
*cracks knuckles*

Hello ag~ain.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
EZero8

Well... well... well...

You are in for one HELL of a ride...