Armory of a Heretic: Think it’s over? It’s just beginning!

The place to share your artwork.
Heretic

Armory of a Heretic: Think it’s over? It’s just beginning!

April 20th update: Not dead yet!

March 24 update: Made a quick character in CS2. didn't even take me very long, I started her just last night.

April 16 update: I did another character Franken, this time with a mixed bag of artwork instead of the official SEED stuff. Plus I have a preview of a project I've been working on for months.

SEED Orphan (MS and characters I've made for a Fan Fiction)
NHMS 00 "Double Zero"
NHMS 00-R Retribution (An upgraded Double Zero.)
NHMS 00-R Retribution backpack equipped What's this? A CE Unit upgrade with a smaller backpack!?
Cassidy Tiberius (content warning, she's flipping the bird)
Astray Type S
Astray Type S Carbine with A.S.S.
Nameless leader of the Free Earth Revolution.
Cassidy Tiberius (Character Franken)

Last Generation (Original Sci-Fi that I’ve been writing off and on.)
Note: These are only concepts that I've made to help me visualize the machines when writing.
JC 1-21 Jack
EVX 331 Element

Unaffiliated MS (Mechs that don’t belong to any specific project)
Prodigal Gundam
Cu Roi Winner of peoples choice September Franken contest.
Steel Crusader Original hand drawn mech.

Sketchup art:
Darkness Bound

Darkness Bound Rampage:
Sword Form:
1 2
Shooting Form:
1 2 3
Rampage Form:
1 2 3
Misc: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Ongoing projects:
Heretic Gundam
Astray Type S--Completed
Perfect Grade Double Zero--60-70% done

Comments are more then welcome.
Last edited by Heretic on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Anonymous

The MBF-006 Gundam Astray V2 Green Frame is my name for it.

Here's my idea for this Gundam:

Used by Eight Hikari during the Second Bloody Valentine War as a part of a defected group of Orb after it's alliance with the Earth Federation.
Heretic

I found a few tricks when doing this one in Photoshop. I?ve already started applying them to doing a repaint of the Astray Red Frame. Not sure how well I?ll be able to pull of Silver but now it won?t take more than a day or so to do the coloring.

As for what is was designed for. Coincidently I was thinking of a Gundam equipped for my RP character. Hence the sword attached to the back of the shield. The Gatling cannon was just trying something that I?ve been thinking of trying for a Franken Gundum.

I?m good with making up names for Mecha so I was thinking Astray Green Frame ?Prodigal Gundam.? The name has to do with my character?s history. She has abandonment issues.
Anonymous

Heretic wrote:I found a few tricks when doing this one in Photoshop. I?ve already started applying them to doing a repaint of the Astray Red Frame. Not sure how well I?ll be able to pull of Silver but now it won?t take more than a day or so to do the coloring.

As for what is was designed for. Coincidently I was thinking of a Gundam equipped for my RP character. Hence the sword attached to the back of the shield. The Gatling cannon was just trying something that I?ve been thinking of trying for a Franken Gundum.

I?m good with making up names for Mecha so I was thinking Astray Green Frame ?Prodigal Gundam.? The name has to do with my character?s history. She has abandonment issues.
That'd be cool. I like that. Maybe that could be in the Orb RPG Sequel I've just been thinking about. It'll be a while before we'll do it. Maybe you could do a Astray Frankie Sliver for me? Not his one but something else if you got the time.

I'm a Bishounen now. Ewwwwwww.
Heretic

For the sake of ease. (my own and everyone else?s) I think I?ll spend some time editing the Astray Gundam Images to make them useful as line art. That way I don?t have to spend hours just cleaning up the original images to use for something. And I could share this Black and White version with everyone so they wouldn?t have to either.

So I?ll be ding that for the coming few days when not busy. Then I can try my hand as the Silver Frame and eventually you?re Custom Silver Frame. (I won?t be rushing to do that because it would be for a sequel for something that just started.)

Sometime in all this I want to make my Gundam Highlander and Gundam Heretic.
Turinu

The thing I love most about that franken is how you managed to make the parts look like they matched. I hate it when people mix together the GP art with say, art they'd find on MAHQ or Gundam Official. It just doesn't look right.

However, you seem to have blended them nicely.

I think I see a bit of error on the right arm near the joint, but aside from that I lurves it.
Heretic

Shori wrote:The thing I love most about that franken is how you managed to make the parts look like they matched. I hate it when people mix together the GP art with say, art they'd find on MAHQ or Gundam Official. It just doesn't look right.

However, you seem to have blended them nicely.

I think I see a bit of error on the right arm near the joint, but aside from that I lurves it.
First of all, thank you. I?ve got a few tricks up my sleeve in Photoshop. I use the ?Sharpen? and ?Sharpen Edges? filters. It skews the coloration something awful but makes the lines easer to see and clean up. But it means I have to do a full repaint. I mentioned that I?m working on a base Astray Cleanup for anyone that wants one. Once its done I should be able to turn out Frankens using Astray parts without as much prep work.

I could probably try working up some of the other MAHQ art as well.

As for the error. I noticed it. But that was at about 3:00am on the day I posted it. Sort of a ?I?ll Fix it later? thing. I?ve been tweaking it yesterday and today. Adding a little green to the Rifle so it matches better.
Turinu

Lol, I should requisition your services to clean up a bunch of my lineart, but that'd be putting someone through hell, :lol:.

Anyways, I can't wait to see these clean-up versions. I bid you good luck on your endeavors with Photoshop. I think I'll attempt to learn to use these features to clean up my images, >_>.
Gambit01

How in the world would it even be able to move it's left arm? Shield, anti-ship sword, and a gatling gun?
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Heretic

Gambit01 wrote:How in the world would it even be able to move it's left arm? Shield, anti-ship sword, and a gatling gun?
Asking for realism from something based on an anime with giant unrealistic mecha! Blasphemy! :wink:
Anonymous

Gambit01 wrote:How in the world would it even be able to move it's left arm? Shield, anti-ship sword, and a gatling gun?
Just use my classic retort. "well uh...it's made for space!"
Heretic

Hmmm? :? I?m stuck on the colors for my Heretic Gundam. I?m thinking a dark navy blue base color but I?m not sure what the other colors should be.
EZero8

Heretic wrote:Hmmm? :? I?m stuck on the colors for my Heretic Gundam. I?m thinking a dark navy blue base color but I?m not sure what the other colors should be.
How about black and an eerie looking green color? I always found that to look very intimidating.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Heretic

EZero8 wrote:
Heretic wrote:Hmmm? :? I?m stuck on the colors for my Heretic Gundam. I?m thinking a dark navy blue base color but I?m not sure what the other colors should be.
How about black and an eerie looking green color? I always found that to look very intimidating.
I don? think black is quit right for this machine. I?m going for a more ?I?m rebelling against your corrupt system!? sort of thing. Something that would stick out in the minds of the populous as a symbol to rally behind. As for green, I?m planning to use green heavily for my Gundam Highlander. I can?t make all my machines green.
EZero8

If thats the case, use either yellow/gold lining for the Heretic Gundam, and the minor colors can be either white or grey(?).

EDIT: Come to think of it.. it reminds me of my favorite Gundam, the V2.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Heretic

I?d probably be able to think of a color scheme if I weren?t also drawing my original ?Orphan Gundam? at the same time.
EZero8

Heretic wrote:I?d probably be able to think of a color scheme if I weren?t also drawing my original ?Orphan Gundam? at the same time.
Wow... your armory is gonna be loaded with MS huh? Any MA by any chance?
Heretic

I have an older one I did some time back. Might as well post up some of my older stuff.

Albatross MA

And an old MS I did
MS Dark Fox

For comparison here is something a little newer

Unfinished MS Eclipse
Heretic

*Heretic casts thread necromancy spell level 20*

It lives!

EVX 331 Element.

This is a Mech from my original Sci-Fi “Last Generation.” I’d post Tech specs, but this machine is for a later (and yet to be written) part of the story. Any specs I gave would likely be laced with spoilers and wouldn’t make much sense to anyone but me until after the rest of the story is written.
eztofu

someone make a titans colored astray already!! 8)
acguy rules. period.