The Official Gundam SEED FREEDOM Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
azrael

Re: The Official Gundam SEED FREEDOM Mecha Thread Mk I

hitokirigarou wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:07 am Are these upgrades for the Rising Freedom and Immortal Justice real?: https://i.imgur.com/2kUWvnJ.jpg
No one knows. From what I've heard,
Spoiler
Those are the upgraded versions of Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice. Rising Freedom and Immortal Justice are non-nuclear MSs due to the treaty. Kira will use the Freedoms. Shinn will use Immortal Justice and may later switch to Impulse Spec II. Athrun will use the upgraded Infinite Justice but his role in the movie will keep him out of a MS for the majority of the movie.
Kuruni

Mecha sectiom on the official site got updated. Nothng big however, and Impulse spec II is especially pathetic with only notes that it has new battery (make sense since Minerva isn't around anymore) and VPS armor (...which it always has).

Two interesting bits is that Gelgoog Menace is a successor of Zaku, Warror and Gyan Strom is one to Gouf.Ignited.
My girlfriend was a loli.
D_I

I do really like the new desaturated colors on the Impulse Spec II.
I feel it gives it a more serious vibe compared to the original colors.
Though i think a completely different color scheme could look nice, maybe something like the G-3?
I'm besties with a DS Lite
Dark Duel

I am really liking the Millennium. Probably the first new design in this movie that I can say I like in its entirety. I mean, there've been a couple of mech that had elements that I liked to their designs, but none of them that I can really say that I like the overall unit itself. Not so this ship - I like basically everything about it. Plus it looks like a sleeker, meaner-looking descendent of the Minerva, and since the latter is my absolute favorite CE ship design, I really like that this new ship is clearly from the same design lineage. The only thing I'm not wild about is the Argama-style external catapult setup.

One of my favorite details? I think I can see a cannon facing aft on the ship, just behind the superstructure as well - which I like because it addresses a common weakness to a lot of CE ship designs, which is insufficient to nonexistent weapon coverage of their stern arcs (In fact, way back when I was working on my fanfic, that's something I did with my take on the Minerva as well, placing a second Isolde facing rear in that exact spot).
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mafty

Its great to finally see the full range of different units in the movie. Unsurprisingly almost everyone gets either their own Gundam or their own custom MS (in this case the main characters seem to have several of each)

In particular Its nice to see upgraded units to the Duel and Buster, especially the Buster as that was my favorite unit from the original series, plus having a heavy artillery based Gundam would prove quite useful.

I really liked the Destiny Gundams more unique design, so seeing an upgraded version is also appreciated, on top of that Shinn also seems to have a variant of the Justice Gundam( It remains to be seen which order the suits will come out in the movie).

On Foundations side, I’m not the biggest fan of the Black Knight Squad and their palette swapped units , but the Cal-re.A is a really cool design that looks kind of like a CE version of the Alvaaron from 00 in Silver.

Also apparently the Strike Freedom Type II is a modified version of the Strike Freedom from Seed Destiny. Does that mean they built a second Strike Freedom with modifications, or did they just upgrade the existing unit?
Underrated GM Custom

N-Jammer Canceller equipped suits have been a political issue in SEED for a while (and why Rising Freedom doesn't use one), so it's considerably more likely they modified the existing rather than building a brand new second one with another N-Jammer Canceller.

Also it looks like Mega Particle Cannons are in CE now. I think it's just a UC easter egg though.
Spoiler
The CE Z'Gok is listed as having MPC (メガ粒子砲) in a scan I saw. Also my friend who saw it theaters said it has a really awesome scene in the movie as well
azrael

Mafty wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:19 am Also apparently the Strike Freedom Type II is a modified version of the Strike Freedom from Seed Destiny. Does that mean they built a second Strike Freedom with modifications, or did they just upgrade the existing unit?
The site description says "upgrade".
Mafty

So would this actually be the first animated appearance of the GAT-01A1 Dagger? It only seems to have been in Manga and MSV before.
Dark Duel

I think there might have been a few of them in one brief shot of one of the later battles in Destiny, but apart from that and video game cut scenes, then yeah.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Chris
Administrator

The GAT-01A1 Dagger was definitely in DESTINY, so this isn't its first animated appearance.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

GAT-01A1 Dagger showed up on Heaven's Base battle in Seed Destiny. It showed up along with the other MSV unit Forbidden Blue although that was later retconned to Vortex even tho its the exact same unit with better water pressure control.
Mafty

Thanks , I remember seeking out the Forbidden Vortex (Which as Yazi has said is identical to the Forbidden Blue), but I missed the Dagger. It is neat that the CE verse actually added a lot of the MSV is official sequel series.
Mafty

So avoiding Spoilers , but is there any information on the upgrades in the new Duel and Buster Units? The Duel itself looks like its has built in Assault Shroud now.
Chris
Administrator

Mafty wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:18 pm So avoiding Spoilers , but is there any information on the upgrades in the new Duel and Buster Units? The Duel itself looks like its has built in Assault Shroud now.
Technical info:
Spoiler
Apparently both have been upgraded with nuclear reactors.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mafty

So ship related line art has been released for all the factions.

We see several of the new ships
Spoiler
though we may never find out what happened to the Minerva
, and it really seems odd that the federation never mass produced a MS Carrier ship, particularly during the two year period between the first and second wars.

On another note and probably one that will be seen in side materials, where exactly does Foundation get their mechs from? Granted some are repurposed units, but quite a few new units are shown...
azrael

Mafty wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:29 pm We see several of the new ships
Spoiler
, and it really seems odd that the federation never mass produced a MS Carrier ship, particularly during the two year period between the first and second wars.
Spoiler
Minerva was likely scrapped. Main cannons were destroyed. Engines destroyed. She couldn't fly after crash landing on the Moon.
Earth Alliance didn't really need MS carriers since they retrofitted their current ships. They also create the Girty Lue-class as another MS carrier.
John-Luck Pickerd

Mafty wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:29 pm So ship related line art has been released for all the factions.

We see several of the new ships
Spoiler
>MS Carrier ship
The Agamemnon class carrier.

Speaking of Minerva(s), since the Millennium is LHM-BB03S, there shoud logically be a LHM-BB02(with or without S) out there somewhere, either a regular Minerva class type, or the super-minerva type.
Mafty

Thank's I'd forgotten about that, looking closer the Nelson also has Mobile Armor storage hangars, so it is actually easier to refit for MS ( The Agamemnon and Nelson seem like they'd be newer ships anyway if they were actually built to house Mobile Armors)

As for the Millennium, maybe there's another ship out there that will appear in an MSV or something.