zeta gundam overrated?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
yugioh54

Re: zeta gundam overrated?

Cyber Formula and Gear Fighter Dendoh he also worked on Metal Armor Dragonar which I think sunrise was banking on as there next gundam. Granted Tomino himself struggled in the 90s to make non gundam works.
yugioh54

I still think Gundam SEED is a high ranking gundam series considering they made a statue and the eclipse project
Seto Kaiba

yugioh54 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:29 am I still think Gundam SEED is a high ranking gundam series considering they made a statue and the eclipse project
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED is remarkable mainly - if not exclusively - for being the most commercially successful Gundam AU series to date.

There's really nothing remarkable about the motion comic. They've got a BUNCH of those going on YouTube all the time. CE is the only AU to have a statue, IIRC... though it's interesting to note that it's also the only one to not be located in Japan. Coverage of the various Gundam statues in Great Mechanics G says the Freedom statue ended up in Shanghai because SEED is more popular outside Japan.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:36 am
yugioh54 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:51 pm Fukuda is most definitely a Sunrise employee, producer, working form the ground up from setting production [...]
In point of fact, he's been a Sunrise employee since 1979. He joined Sunrise right out of high school.
He became freelance after Dragonar. (i.e. no longer Sunrise's regular employee)
Though he doesn't actually work in other company's anime a lot.
He did work for Phoenix Entertainment in 1995~96, and NEC in 1995 as well.

Also he was never a producer.
He had a good relationship with one of Sunrise's producers, which probably gave him jobs when he can't find any outside(which is very often), but he isn't in long term contract with Sunrise, at least any more.
yugioh54 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:51 pm [...] he worked on storyboards for older properties like Gundam X and newer things like Gundam Build Divers and most of his resume is sunrise written all over it.
Yes, but he isn't a regular employee of Sunrise after Dragonar.
Also he never worked on Gundam X.
Seto Kaiba

MythSearcher wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:26 am Also he was never a producer.
He does have one Sunrise producer credit... on CROSS ANGE: Rondo of Angel and Demon.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Kuruni

Seto Kaiba wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:02 am He does have one Sunrise producer credit... on CROSS ANGE: Rondo of Angel and Demon.
Minor correction; it's Dragons (and in this setting it stand for Dimensional Rift Attuned Gargantuan Organic Neototypes, it's Fukuda's work after all), not demons.

(and I'm mildly surprised that we don't have a section for it)
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:02 am
MythSearcher wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:26 am Also he was never a producer.
He does have one Sunrise producer credit... on CROSS ANGE: Rondo of Angel and Demon.
Ok, I guess Creative producer is a kind of producer, I was thinking of your regular producer where they have to go find budget for the project and talk to the sponsors.