Earth Federation Structure

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Earth Federation Structure

So, is their ever an in-depth explanation of the Earth Federations structure? How many different levels or positions are there? We do see Prime Minister Marcenas in a flashback in Unicorn , Vice Foreign Minister Paraya In CCA, and several council members.

Also is the Earth divided up into difference sections of government (like in the Earth Alliance in Seed), or is everything controlled from the Federations capital?
Chris
Administrator

Re: Earth Federation Structure

From Mark Simmons' old Gundam Project site:
The Gundam Project wrote:This is the central government that rules over Earth and its space territories. The Federation Government's exact structure is unclear, and at various times it appears to be run by both a cabal of cabinet ministers and a bickering mob of demagogic politicians. Our best guess, based on material published in Gundam reference books and oblique references in the animation, is that the Federation Government is organized along the lines of the modern-day United Nations.

According to this model, the highest authority is the Earth Federation Assembly, a congress of elected representatives from the Federation's member nations which meets once or twice a year to debate broad policy matters (as seen in Zeta Gundam). The assembly is headed by a chairman, who is the top official in the Federation Government. Meanwhile, a permanent security council takes care of day-to-day matters and supervises the Earth Federal Forces. This would presumably be the shadowy cabal we see in Gundam 0083, deciding how to respond to the threat of the Delaz Fleet.

The location of the Federation Government and its various branches changes over time. During Zeta Gundam and Gundam ZZ, the Federation Assembly's meeting place is in Dakar, Senegal. In UC 0092, the Federal Forces' headquarters are moved to Lhasa, Tibet (a temporary relocation, as it turns out). In the Hassaway's Flash novels, the Federation cabinet meets in Adelaide, Australia. And by the time of Victory Gundam, the Federation Government has relocated all its operations to the lunar metropolis of Von Braun City.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I always wondered why the leaders of the Federation are never shown. In the original Gundam you had General Revil but he was just the military leader, the civilian leadership never show up or are even mentioned. This goes on for a lot of series until I think Unicorn shows the Marcenas.

I always thought the Federation was set up like the modern UN and in a sense the leader is not important. I mean most people don't even know who the Secretary-General of the UN is or what the leadership term is even called.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Chris
Administrator

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:32 am I always wondered why the leaders of the Federation are never shown. In the original Gundam you had General Revil but he was just the military leader, the civilian leadership never show up or are even mentioned. This goes on for a lot of series until I think Unicorn shows the Marcenas.

I always thought the Federation was set up like the modern UN and in a sense the leader is not important. I mean most people don't even know who the Secretary-General of the UN is or what the leadership term is even called.
I'm pretty sure the Feddie elites we saw in ZZ eating their fancy food and boasting about how Haman's colony drop would lower the population were civilian leaders.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mafty

Defiantly, Same with the Politicians on vacation we briefly see on a news feed in F91, Also we'll probably see more of the Federation leadership as Hathaway's Flash continues.