The Official Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Mecha Thread Mk I

Ore Dilanza from Gyoubu's Twitter post.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mafty

So is there any identification of the suits that were featured in the duel at start of episode 5? They appear to be modified Desert units, but I can't find the mech profiles on the main Sunrise website (I can only find ones for the prolog ) and they don't seem to be named anywhere.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:36 am So is there any identification of the suits that were featured in the duel at start of episode 5? They appear to be modified Desert units, but I can't find the mech profiles on the main Sunrise website (I can only find ones for the prolog ) and they don't seem to be named anywhere.
According to Twitter, their model name is クリバーリ "Kuribaari". No official romanization has been provided yet, it may be "Crivari" or "Coulibaly".
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:38 am According to Twitter, their model name is クリバーリ "Kuribaari". No official romanization has been provided yet, it may be "Crivari" or "Coulibaly".
Well, the Brazilian football player Cribari got the same katakana.
Mafty

Thanks , it will be neat to see how it's translated. For some reason I think they might use Coulibaly as the name. Regardless hopefully there will be some lineart coming out because those units look so neat.
Ryujin

With how 'Dilanza' sounds like a pun on 'The Lancer' (Fate joke much?), perhaps there's some corruption of 'Chivalry' or 'Cavalry' involved as well.
Mafty

I brought this up on the Anime thread, but it probably belongs here

So as Kuruni mentioned , some new model Gunpla have been announced (https://www.1999.co.jp/10924106 and https://www.1999.co.jp/10924105).
Spoiler
So does anyone else think that the desert units Elan and his team were dueling with in Ep 5 are prototypes for the Lfrith Thorn? It doesn't seem clear yet who owns these units, and its common for the Benerit Group to test prototypes.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:36 am I brought this up on the Anime thread, but it probably belongs here

So as Kuruni mentioned , some new model Gunpla have been announced (https://www.1999.co.jp/10924106 and https://www.1999.co.jp/10924105).
Spoiler
So does anyone else think that the desert units Elan and his team were dueling with in Ep 5 are prototypes for the Lfrith Thorn? It doesn't seem clear yet who owns these units, and its common for the Benerit Group to test prototypes.
Unlikely. The Lfrith is an Ochs Earth design. The BTz-48 Crivari/Coulibaly is operated by three unnamed characters from the Daigo dormitory, and is likely a Daigo-built MS.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
yazi88

Ryujin wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:50 pm With how 'Dilanza' sounds like a pun on 'The Lancer' (Fate joke much?), perhaps there's some corruption of 'Chivalry' or 'Cavalry' involved as well.
I'm waiting for someone to create the Tony Danza Dilanza custom model kit.
Janx

If I were to guess, the new Lfrith's are built by Shinsei, so the reason they're blockier and look nothing like the Lfrith is due to the limited resources/infrastructure people keep remarking about in regards to the Aeriel.

I find it weird they'd keep the Lfrith name though, beyond being gundams they don't seem to share anything in common.
Mafty

Spoiler
[It's also odd in that building a similar in name and looks Gundam unit, would do a rather poor job of convincing the Benerit Group, that there is nothing happening on Mercury. Of course depending on when these units are introduced, Prospera may have made a move into outright warfare./spoiler]