The Official Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Mecha Thread Mk I

Ore Dilanza from Gyoubu's Twitter post.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mafty

So is there any identification of the suits that were featured in the duel at start of episode 5? They appear to be modified Desert units, but I can't find the mech profiles on the main Sunrise website (I can only find ones for the prolog ) and they don't seem to be named anywhere.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:36 am So is there any identification of the suits that were featured in the duel at start of episode 5? They appear to be modified Desert units, but I can't find the mech profiles on the main Sunrise website (I can only find ones for the prolog ) and they don't seem to be named anywhere.
According to Twitter, their model name is クリバーリ "Kuribaari". No official romanization has been provided yet, it may be "Crivari" or "Coulibaly".
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:38 am According to Twitter, their model name is クリバーリ "Kuribaari". No official romanization has been provided yet, it may be "Crivari" or "Coulibaly".
Well, the Brazilian football player Cribari got the same katakana.
Mafty

Thanks , it will be neat to see how it's translated. For some reason I think they might use Coulibaly as the name. Regardless hopefully there will be some lineart coming out because those units look so neat.
Ryujin

With how 'Dilanza' sounds like a pun on 'The Lancer' (Fate joke much?), perhaps there's some corruption of 'Chivalry' or 'Cavalry' involved as well.
Mafty

I brought this up on the Anime thread, but it probably belongs here

So as Kuruni mentioned , some new model Gunpla have been announced (https://www.1999.co.jp/10924106 and https://www.1999.co.jp/10924105).
Spoiler
So does anyone else think that the desert units Elan and his team were dueling with in Ep 5 are prototypes for the Lfrith Thorn? It doesn't seem clear yet who owns these units, and its common for the Benerit Group to test prototypes.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:36 am I brought this up on the Anime thread, but it probably belongs here

So as Kuruni mentioned , some new model Gunpla have been announced (https://www.1999.co.jp/10924106 and https://www.1999.co.jp/10924105).
Spoiler
So does anyone else think that the desert units Elan and his team were dueling with in Ep 5 are prototypes for the Lfrith Thorn? It doesn't seem clear yet who owns these units, and its common for the Benerit Group to test prototypes.
Unlikely. The Lfrith is an Ochs Earth design. The BTz-48 Crivari/Coulibaly is operated by three unnamed characters from the Daigo dormitory, and is likely a Daigo-built MS.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
yazi88

Ryujin wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:50 pm With how 'Dilanza' sounds like a pun on 'The Lancer' (Fate joke much?), perhaps there's some corruption of 'Chivalry' or 'Cavalry' involved as well.
I'm waiting for someone to create the Tony Danza Dilanza custom model kit.
Janx

If I were to guess, the new Lfrith's are built by Shinsei, so the reason they're blockier and look nothing like the Lfrith is due to the limited resources/infrastructure people keep remarking about in regards to the Aeriel.

I find it weird they'd keep the Lfrith name though, beyond being gundams they don't seem to share anything in common.
Mafty

Spoiler
[It's also odd in that building a similar in name and looks Gundam unit, would do a rather poor job of convincing the Benerit Group, that there is nothing happening on Mercury. Of course depending on when these units are introduced, Prospera may have made a move into outright warfare./spoiler]
Kuruni

Demi Trainer gunpla manual has some fun info

* The Demi Trainer is made to be as simple as possible. So it's easy for pilot training and can be modified with just basic technical knowledge.
* The circular saw we saw Chuchu used in episode 8 and the hand-replacing quad launcher from episode 4 are the same thing call Daedalus multi-tool system.
* As expected, beam weapons used by student are limited to low output. I assume that an actual military beam rifle would has far less trouble in the rain compared to Aerial in Episode 3.
Dark Duel

That is pretty interesting. I like the idea that it was built to be (1) as simple as possible, and (2) designed to support modular optional parts and armaments.
Janx wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:24 pm If I were to guess, the new Lfrith's are built by Shinsei, so the reason they're blockier and look nothing like the Lfrith is due to the limited resources/infrastructure people keep remarking about in regards to the Aeriel.
On the other hand, their silhouettes in the OP sequence are shown behind Delling rather than Prospera, which would tend to imply to me that he's somehow involved in the creation of these machines.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Two more trivia from Ebikawa's tweet.

Its head is designed to be removable. This not only make it easy to modified/replaced, but make it possible to resuce the pilot from the upper side if its cockpit hatch stuck.

Its front skirt can lift up and becomes a scaffold for maintenance and climbing to the cockpit.
Kuruni

BandaiHobby has announced the release of the three military MS in the next year. Dilanza Sol, Zowort Heavy, and Heindree Sturm. We already saw them in news report, suppressing Earthian riot.

Remember, right now Aerial is still a toy for Duel game and yet to face an actual military equipments. Although I guess the next two episodes will change that.
Dark Duel

I just had an interesting realization earlier today while rewatching select clips from the series.

Per episode 12, Grassley's Antidote technology as equipped in the Beguir-series mobile suits, is effective against GUND Format up to Permet Score 3 - when I-forget-her-name who pilots the Lfrith Ur(at least I think it's the Ur - I'm never quite sure which one of the bootleg Lfriths is which) raised her Permet Score to 4, she was no longer affected, and we know that Suletta/Aerial managed to get up to Permet Score 6, which presumably played a part in how she was able to overcome the Beguir-Penthes and Michaelis - though I think there's more to it than just that in Aerial's case, because she didn't just render it ineffective, she actually deactivated it it in the other mobile suits.

But this is where it gets interesting to me. I rewatched the duel between Aerial and Pharact, and El4n's Permet Score was at FOUR when Aerial disabled Pharact and its GUND-Bits. So that, to me, implies that Lady Prospera and Shin Sei either developed a new Anti-GUND Format countermeasure or refined Grassley's technology to the point that whatever countermeasure Aerial used against Pharact is superior to the Antidote technology equipped to the Beguir-series.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Beguir-Pente and Michaelis are out. Nothing much that we don't know already though. Michaelis' beam bracer has four functions: Antidote, beam saber, beam cannon, and beam machine gun (and it's heavily protected with shield coating, so I guess it can be used for defense too). Beguir-Pente shield is called nonkinetic shield, and it still has wire-guide remote function.

It appear that both are designed so their Antodote generator won't be just deadweigth against non-Gundam MS, with Michaelis outright stated to giving offesive ability to it. But I guess we won't see the whole picture of Grasley's design philosophy until they release the Heindree.
Kuruni

Zowort is out, and nothing much of revelation. It's what you expected from a mass produce flying MS, lightly armored (but noted to be top-heavy) and lightly armed.

That being said, we're likely learn a lot more about it when Zowort Heavy is out. One gimmick Zowort has is two hard points on its back. Zowort uses them to mount vector boosters, but the Heavy version has missile launcher and beam cannon instead (plus a beam rifle that look like Zowort's beam gun with many add-on parts).
hitokirigarou

What are those two short rods on the backpack of the Demi Garrison? They look like they could be beam sabers.
Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:38 am According to Twitter, their model name is クリバーリ "Kuribaari". No official romanization has been provided yet, it may be "Crivari" or "Coulibaly".
Clibarri, according to The Report of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury Season 1 guide by Kadokawa.
Kuruni

Interesting. Both Heindree's and Zowort Heavy's gunpla manual note that the standard model of these MS (Heindree and Zowort) use components with lower grade compared to their military models (Heindree Strum and Zowort Heavy), with Zowort Heavy make it clear that the two are uncomparable (Zowort Heavy has greater payload that allow it to use heavy armaments unsuit for standard model, and many of it components can withstand harsh weather on Earth). While that perfectly make sense, this bit is missing from Dilanza Sol's manual. In fact, it states that standard Dilanza has its power output reduced by 30% to meet the school's standard, BUT the limiter can be removed with its OS without major modification.

In other words; Heindree and Zowort are toy guns, but Dilanza is a model gun that you can modify to shoot real bullets.