Jegan Beam Rifle Power Rating

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Underrated GM Custom

Jegan Beam Rifle Power Rating

Is there any source that lists the power rating in MW for the Jegan's Beam Rifle? I checked on MAHQ and I think it's the only Federation suit from CCA without a MW rating. I checked on other suits that can use the Jegan Beam Rifle (Messer, Gustav Karl, ReZel) but don't have anything listed either.
Last edited by Underrated GM Custom on Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seto Kaiba

Re: Jegan Beam Rifle Power Rating

None that I can find.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Underrated GM Custom

Hmm, I wonder if there's any qualitative information out there such as "a new shorter beam rifle was developed for the Jegan which had a higher rate of fire than the more powerful GM III beam rifle"
Seto Kaiba

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:42 am Hmm, I wonder if there's any qualitative information out there such as "a new shorter beam rifle was developed for the Jegan which had a higher rate of fire than the more powerful GM III beam rifle"
Now THAT we have.

It's not compared to other models directly in the books available to me (e.g. MS Bible 08). It is, however, noted to be a short-barreled unit that's designed for close-quarters combat. The stopping power of individual shots is low and its effective range is short, but compensates for that with its high rate of fire and excellent handling. Those attributes are said to make it a highly effective and reliable weapon in close-range engagements.

(In essence, it's not a beam rifle made for one-shot-one-kill... it's a beam machinegun made for getting up close with the enemy and scoring a bunch of hits in quick succession to increase the chances of a close quarters kill.)
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Underrated GM Custom

Excellent, I'm glad that kind of information is available, thank you for sharing.

I've always liked the Jegan design since it very clearly adapted to the next generation of warfare as MS had less and less armor but higher mobility, if the GM III is continuing the design thinking of the MK II the Jegan is taking a parallel path in warfare avoiding the instant kills (made very popular by the aces of the OYW and Gryps conflict) and instead making a higher rate of fire weapon for all the dogfighting Londo Bell is expected to do.

I'd hesitate to call it a beam machine gun though, it reminds me more of a carbine in its design and it doesn't appear to have as fast a rate of fire on screen as the Geara Doga beam machine gun or the Jagd Doga's beam assault rifle.