Jungle Combat

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Jungle Combat

So there are a lot of different environmental specific Mobile Suit designs, but are there any for the Jungle? We have seen specified desert and ground, so would there actually be any specifications? The only case of Jungle combat MS that I can think of comes from is an MSV of the Jamesgun from Victory Gundam, Which has a dark green camouflage for use in the Amazon (similar colors are utilized in the Indian region deployment colors).
Kuruni

Re: Jungle Combat

Blue Frame Third
My girlfriend was a loli.
Underrated GM Custom

The first ones to come to mind for me are the GM Spartan and the Gouf Hunter from Fukuchi Station.
Seto Kaiba

The MS-06JC Zaku II is one of the few that leaps to mind.

It's not surprising that there aren't many, since a jungle doesn't really have much in the way of special environmental hazards that a machine needs to be protected from. Waterproofing to prevent moisture from humid air and rainfall from damaging equipment is about it, really. There's no need for all the dust filters you'd need in a desert or the additional heaters needed to keep coolant and lubricant lines from freezing up or congealing in the colder tundra climates. Most of the "jungle" types seem to be just a different camo paintjob, though they didn't even bother with that much in the shows that actually depicted jungle warfare like 08th MS Team.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Mafty

Makes sense really, especially when you consider the water protection wouldn't be too much different from an Aquatic MS, indeed we often see Aquatic MS in jungle combat ( The Z'Gok in Jaburo in FG, The Gogg and Acguy in South East Asia in Thunderbolt, The Wrozzo in the Rostroluan battle in AGE). So it probably is too minor to make as much of a modification compared to ground, desert and sea, in fact in mecha in general Jungle units are probably the least common variant(the only others I can think of are one of the Spartan variants that never made on screen in Super Dimension Cavalry Sothern Cross, and the aptly named Swampdog from Votom's stand alone spinoff Case Irvine).

Also does anyone else think that GM Spartan looks like a cross between the GM Custom from Stardust Memory and the GM Sniper from the 08th MS Team?(I know it predates the other two; but that may be where they got the idea from, plus Gundam often retcons similar designs in prequels).
Seto Kaiba

Really, any MS that isn't designed specifically and exclusively for space use should already have the necessary waterproofing to operate in a jungle environment simply to accommodate the possibility of having to operate in the rain, or fording rivers and other bodies of water.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Underrated GM Custom

As I recall the GM Spartan frame is based around the GM Sniper II and GM Command.

Color wise it does resemble the GM Sniper [G] from the 08th MS Team.