Genetic Modification in After Colony Verse

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Iruga

Genetic Modification in After Colony Verse

I was reading on the Gundam Wiki that Heero Yuy went through genetic modification at the hands of Doctor J. Does anyone know where this came from? Also does anyone know if there are any other instances of modification of that kind in the A.C. universe?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Genetic Modification in After Colony Verse

Iruga wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:52 pm I was reading on the Gundam Wiki that Heero Yuy went through genetic modification at the hands of Doctor J. Does anyone know where this came from? Also does anyone know if there are any other instances of modification of that kind in the A.C. universe?
There is a source citation literally right there at the end of the paragraph.

However, as it is allegedly from a Japan-only special edition box set's liner notes, I cannot confirm that the citation is correct. No artbook for New Mobile Report Gundam Wing that I can find has anything similar to say on that note. Heero is noted in a few publications to have a "superhuman" level of physical ability, but those same books attribute his above-normal strength, endurance, and mental fortitude to Dr. J having subjected him to hellish training for years in order to turn him into a living weapon for Operation Meteor.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Mafty

Given how indestructible Heero seems compare to his fellow Gundam Pilots (granted he is far more willing to subject himself to extreme physical danger than they are), It makes sense that Heero was Genetically Modified; His abilities actually seem like an extreme version of the Coordinators from the Cosmic Era, though it seems as though Heero was modified after he was born, unlike the Coordinators. Given how each Colony that sent out the Gundam was shown to have their own ways of doing things, it makes sense they same training/modification wouldn't happen to every pilot.
John-Luck Pickerd

Mafty wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:39 pm Given how indestructible Heero seems compare to his fellow Gundam Pilots (granted he is far more willing to subject himself to extreme physical danger than they are), It makes sense that Heero was Genetically Modified; His abilities actually seem like an extreme version of the Coordinators from the Cosmic Era, though it seems as though Heero was modified after he was born, unlike the Coordinators. Given how each Colony that sent out the Gundam was shown to have their own ways of doing things, it makes sense they same training/modification wouldn't happen to every pilot.
I mean, its Gundam. Playing fast and loose with human limits isnt that unusual.So many ace pilots can perform crazy maneuvers would probably knock out or incapacitate an actual human, or atleast hinder their movement long enough to get them killed, and far from all of these aces can be excused with psychic power, genetic enhancement etc.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:39 pm Given how indestructible Heero seems compare to his fellow Gundam Pilots (granted he is far more willing to subject himself to extreme physical danger than they are), It makes sense that Heero was Genetically Modified; His abilities actually seem like an extreme version of the Coordinators from the Cosmic Era, though it seems as though Heero was modified after he was born, unlike the Coordinators. Given how each Colony that sent out the Gundam was shown to have their own ways of doing things, it makes sense they same training/modification wouldn't happen to every pilot.
Really, Heero is never shown to do anything that would be unexplainable without him being genetically engineered.

He's strong, he's fast, and he has an unusually high willpower and tolerance for pain, but those are all traits you would expect in someone who'd been meticulously groomed as a living weapon from early childhood. Dr. J took in the orphan child who would become Heero Yuy at the tender young age of just three years old with a goal of turning him into a laser-guided tyke bomb aimed at the Federation and OZ. Heero is what he is in the series and OVA because he's a product of potentially up to twelve years of Dr. J conditioning him mentally and physically to be an unflinching instrument of the bloodiest vengeance for the murder of the real Heero Yuy.

He outshines the other Gundam pilots because they've had a few months to a few years of intensive training at most. He's been preparing to play his part in Operation Meteor almost his entire life.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Kuruni

On the other hand, Gundam EXA note that AC stand out for being a timeline without special humans that can considered "evolution" yet the people of the timeline seem to doing just fine (I miss the CC arc so I've no idea what is the timeline's evolution, but the manga consider FC's gundam fighter as one).
My girlfriend was a loli.