Neue Ziel - Mega Cannon

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Underrated GM Custom

Neue Ziel - Mega Cannon

Does anyone recall if the Neue Ziel's Mega Cannon is fired during 0083 Stardust Memory? My Blurays are still in a shipping container so I can't check those and I haven't been able to find any clips with the weapon online.

The Mega Cannon is torso mounted, I believe it's the three large nozzles in the center of the MA. I checked the 0083 Rebellion manga and it was used in Vol 12 and 13 but I'm struggling to remember if it was used in the OVA at all. Thanks!
MythSearcher

Re: Neue Ziel - Mega Cannon

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:27 am Does anyone recall if the Neue Ziel's Mega Cannon is fired during 0083 Stardust Memory? My Blurays are still in a shipping container so I can't check those and I haven't been able to find any clips with the weapon online.

The Mega Cannon is torso mounted, I believe it's the three large nozzles in the center of the MA. I checked the 0083 Rebellion manga and it was used in Vol 12 and 13 but I'm struggling to remember if it was used in the OVA at all. Thanks!
Try to find the Gundam.info MS info youtube video. I don't know if Neue Ziel's one is up right now or not(I hate it that they put it on rotation and differently for each region so no use in checking myself if it is up or not.) It cuts out all the weapons firing scenes(at least one scene for each weapon)
Underrated GM Custom

Yeah that was the first place I checked but unfortunately its not available in my region.
MythSearcher

Ok, took me a while but I found a video on Bilibili that is about 9 mins long and it cuts all the Neue Ziel fighting scenes in it.
(Found it with this search: https://www.google.com/search?q=ama-x2+ ... =934&dpr=1 named AMX-002 (AMA-X2) Neue Ziel (MSG 0083))
Early on in the video there is this scene where it hid behind a sunk Musai and attacked GP03 with a triple beam cannon zoomed in so not really sure where it was mounted.(looks more like its waist(?) thrusters)
Most of the rapid firing scenes where you see beams coming out are from its shoulders.
At around 7:45-ish mark when it is fighting GP03 towards the end, you can clearly see a beam coming out of its torso separately from the rapid shoulder cannons right after it ditched the propellant tanks and turned around. 8:31 also sees it firing that cannon when it is charging the EFSF fleet at the end.
Both of these later scenes only a single beam came out though.
Underrated GM Custom

Oh cool, never heard of Billibilli before. Thank you for finding this and scanning through it.

I wasn't able to pause fast enough for the Musai scene to see the torso cannon but I did see the shoulder cannons and those are what I remember firing most of the time. It seems he uses the torso mega cannon very sparingly. The shot at 8:31 is perfect, looks like he often saves the torso mega cannons for ships since around 5:56 he uses it to blast the bridge of a Salamis.

The Neue Ziel certainly has a strong generator since at the 7:45 shot you found he's firing the remaining shoulder MPC along with the torso megacannon while the beam saber is ignited.