Listeners

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Listeners

So what does everyone think about this Anime? Is it worth watching? Is it a mecha anime? From what little I can find it seems kinda like Takt Op Destiny with some Eureka Seven design vibes.
Ryujin

Re: Listeners

I watched this in its entirety. Yes, it is mecha anime and no, in my opinion it is not worth your time--unless you watch it in an altered mental state or is a big fan of The Artist Formerly Known As Prince. That aside, it has a more radical approach to its themes & provides an interesting contrast to Takt Op's more conservative take & focus on classical/orchestral music. On the technical side, Takt Op has much better animation & art direction but overall I found both shows equally forgettable.

Also, certain premises & story beats were strikingly similar from what I can remember.
Quiddity

I watched Listeners about a year to a year and a half ago, I thought it was decent, but not super memorable and I've already forgotten most of the finer details. The most memorable thing in it for me was the music in the preview sequence.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Henyo

as a music focused show, its a bit on the unique side. as a mecha show..its forgettable. least from where i stopped watching. i think i dropped it halfway through. just didnt keep my interest. in comparison to that, i managed ti finish Takt.Op. but thats mostly because of character designs. Takt has more cute girls and thats one surefire way to keep my interest. it does has a dub so maybe one day i can finish listeners...
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!