Euerka Seven Movies

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Euerka Seven Movies

So what are everyone's thoughts on the Hi Evolution Trilogy? I know the sequels are divisive, but I did like the trilogy. The story went into to some interesting new directions, and the plot managed to be largely very coherent, and mixed characters from pretty much every part of the franchise together. the mech battles were amazing, and so was the animation (particularly in the 3rd movie). The story could admittedly get a bit confusing at times when tying into the differing realities, and I could see why people didn't really like how the movies messed with the main timeline of the first anime.

What does everyone else think?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Euerka Seven Movies

TBH, my first thought was "wait, you mean that franchise is still around?".

Haven't heard much of anything, or seen anything that caught my attention, from that franchise since its kinda so-so TV series...
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Mafty

The response to the sequels has been divisive to say the least. I love mecha content so much that I'm always willing to check out any new mech series that's licensed internationally. I really did like the new trilogy, though I can see why people prefer the original series as is: so (SPOILER) it would probably have been better if they were actually all alternate universes , like the Eva spinoffs.

I'm not sure how well the third movie has done internationally(though there were only two other people in the theater when I went, though I'm not sure if that's because people are slower in going to the theater now, it was airing on a Tuesday night, or because the fandom wasn't interested in the new trilogy. That being said the story sets this movie up to be the final entry probably.
SonicSP

The third movie of the series came out in cinemas in my country but I didn't watch it cos....well I haven't watched any Eureka Seven.

One of those shows I had in my watchlist for many years at this point.