Macross Release?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Macross Release?

So now that the 2 Frontier Movies are coming to theaters, is there any news on when/if , there will be a dvd/blu ray release, for not just Frontier, but Macross in general?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Macross Release?

Not yet. I'd assume the news will be forthcoming the closer we get to the anniversary events in the final quarter of this year.

For whatever reason, Big West always seems to want to do its anniversary stuff in autumn and winter.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
pirx

Mafty wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:40 am So now that the 2 Frontier Movies are coming to theaters, is there any news on when/if , there will be a dvd/blu ray release, for not just Frontier, but Macross in general?
In theaters? Where?
Mafty

Seemingly only in selected theaters in the United States.
Seto Kaiba

It's a Fathom Events release... two separate limited engagements, one for each Frontier movie.
The Macross Mecha Manual
pirx

If we are talking about Macross releases - anything on horizon regarding previous shows being released outside of Japan? Any news at all?
Seto Kaiba

pirx wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:24 am If we are talking about Macross releases - anything on horizon regarding previous shows being released outside of Japan? Any news at all?
Releases in the PRC and SE Asia are reportedly going well, though those started a year or so ago.

No official word on releases to streaming or home video in English speaking territories at this time. We're all kind of expecting the news to come in Q3 or Q4 2022, since Big West inevitably tends to put its anniversary events towards the end of the year.
The Macross Mecha Manual
SonicSP

Where in SE Asia have they been released so far?
PowerdGNFlag

SonicSP wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:30 am Where in SE Asia have they been released so far?
*disregard this, I thought this was the Doan thread*
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Seto Kaiba

Big West has announced it's going to be releasing Blu-rays of Macross II, Macross Plus, Macross Frontier, and Macross Delta in the US soon.

Due to pre-existing licenses, the releases are divided up a bit. Macross Plus will be coming via Anime Ltd., Macross II via AnimEigo, and the rest via RightStuf.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Dark Duel

Okay, well I'll keep an eye out, and I'm definitely gonna be picking up Frontier as soon as I can.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."