Gundam F91 different version?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Gundam F91 different version?

So a discussion on Twitter got me thinking, how many different versions of the F91 film are there? It seems the rare first VHS release has more of a rough quality to it, but are there any deleted scenes? I remember reading there is apparently a scene where the Crossbone Vanguard seize a Jupiter Energy Fleet ship, with the aide of it's captain(who apparently is visible in a crowd scene later), which version was this in? Also are there any more deleted scenes?
BrentD15

Re: Gundam F91 different version?

Doesn't sound like anything that ended up in the NA release.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Mafty

I think there are old Japanese VHS/Laserdiscs out there with incomplete animation. I'm not sure of the scene with the Jupiter energy fleet, I read it on the old MAHQ (and this entry was also removed), Maybe it came as line art from an earlier draft?
Deacon Blues

Mafty wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:34 am I think there are old Japanese VHS/Laserdiscs out there with incomplete animation. I'm not sure of the scene with the Jupiter energy fleet, I read it on the old MAHQ (and this entry was also removed), Maybe it came as line art from an earlier draft?
The version that was shown in the theaters is the only "rough" version that exists. All of the animation, from what I've been able to research, was cleaned up and redone before it went out on VHS and LD release. The Thousandth Jupiter lineart exists, and it toted in all of the artbooks for the movie, but it was ultimately cut. If you're interested: https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/ ... 8254189570
Mafty

Thanks, I thought it might have been an early draft design that never made it to the animation stage, Like the Baund Doc in Jerid's colors that never appeared in animation.