Return of the Gundamn! Mailbag Submission Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

Return of the Gundamn! Mailbag Submission Thread

Hey folks, we're resurrecting the Mailbag from the dead to make it a regular feature on the show again. The voicemail version proved too cumbersome, so we're going back to the old school version of having listeners post their questions here. Our plan is to have a Mailbag-focused episode to kick it off, so ask away!

Some updated guidelines carried over from the old Mailbag thread:

1. Try to keep everything brief and to the point. Keep in mind that we have to read your questions over the air and then respond to them.

2. This is not the Jane's military information podcast. Please refrain from asking us about things like the difference of the reactor power between the RX-78-2 and the RX-78-3.

3. Please don't ask dumb questions. If you think it sounds dumb, it probably is, so trust your own judgment.

4. Posting a question here does NOT guarantee that it will appear on the show. It is within our discretion to decide what we answer. If you question doesn't get picked, please don't ask us why it didn't get picked (or ask the same question again).

5. This thread is only a drop box. It is not a thread for discussion or to answer questions. Just post your question and go about your business
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Rabe

Re: Return of the Gundamn! Mailbag Submission Thread

Is Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn, compatible with the tomes in the eyes of the Admiral?
yazi88

1. Are there any mecha gimmicks you still find interesting?

For me its pile bunkers, still not used to a large degree in mecha anime, but still shows up in variety of mecha anime.

2. What are some of the worst commanders in mecha anime that come to mind? Mask from G-reco and Chronicle Asher are easy picks for me.
[Dablackcat]

DISCLAIMER: I'm not entirely sure what mailbag is, so here's a scattered range of questions. Totally understand if some or none of this fits the format...

-----------------

Q0. What's up? How's life at the moment?

Q1. Gundam has been called the "Star Wars of Japan". Therefore, what could Disney learn from Bandai Namco Filmworks (formerly known as Sunrise) with how it has handled the Gundam franchise? (and vice versa?). Specifically thinking of Movies & TV.

Q2. To continue the success of the brand, what does the Gundam franchise need "Witch From Mercury" to be? An "in-your-face" irreverent thriller, a "gritty & nostalgic" classic, or "Saturday morning" fun?

Examples:
IBO = Irreverant thriller
Thunderbolt = Gritty & nostalgiac classic
G Gundam = Saturday morning fun

Q3. In your personal opinion, what kind of tone SHOULD the Netflix Gundam film take? Should it be "fun" (in the MCU sense) or strictly "take itself seriously"? (think Inception, Sicario, or Fury).

Q4. Which Gundam protagonist would you pick to babysit your child...and for how long? Which antagonist would you pick?

Protagonist List (if needed):
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/featur ... es/.104505

Antagonist List (if needed):
https://www.cbr.com/gundam-best-family-villains-ranked/
Rodimus76

Greetings Gundamn Crew.

1. You need to form a 3-unit squad. Which Mecha/Super Robot do you choose.

2. Who are newest nominations to the league of Soulbro's Men.

3. Are there old Mecha Anime series/OVA you would like to spotlight on the show.
yazi88

1. Are there any anime/shows/movies you would gave the Gundam Sousei/Disaster Artist treatment to with a semi-parody of the production of named work?

2. Are there any specific eras you would like to see Gundam manga take place in? Personally I wouldn't mind a Gundam manga telling what Amuro was doing during the 1st Neo Zeon War. There are very few ZZ sidestory manga, those usually tend to be more pre-Char's counterattack than actual post ZZ manga.
Mu La Flaga

Here's a quick fun question for you guys to tackle.

Is there any instances of designs of Gundams or MSs/mechs ect you've maybe over time had a change of opinion on?
For better or worse.

An example for me looking back is I find myself appreciating the Gaia Gundam the most compared to Chaos and Abyss.
It has a good colour scheme, it's MA mode isn't too stupid.

That is just one example that comes to mind for me.
yazi88

If there was a Gundam theme park, what kind of Gundam based rides/attractions would you like to see.

I got 2:

1. Axis drop where rides doing on top and dropping fast.

2. THIS IS A REAL ROCK Bumper cars where riders ride in cars based on Real Rock Guy or Katz