The Gundam F91?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Re: The Gundam F91?

Honestly that's quite frequent in the entertainment industry, and not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of shows take something popular and put their own spin on things. Gundam for instance had influences from Yamato, Star Trek and Star Wars, as well as adding its own ideas. Then of course there's the fact the whole Space Colony aesthetic came from Gerard K O'Neill. Likewise many series followed Gundam in the Real Robot trend of the 80's. You can even see references to mecha shows in non mech related media (Several Char and Rei Clones appears in shows without Mecha, A reference to the Dendrobium appears in Anne Happy, and the Index movie Miracle of Endymion has an Idol Concert on a Orbital Elevator which seems like a reference to both Gundam 00 and Macross Frontier).Plus there's numerous other examples.

It really seemed like Bubblegum Crisis threw everything that was cool in the 80s about Anime and American Cyberpunk into a blender, and added some impressive animation. The result is an entertaining show, but the storyline is a bit choppy at times, and ultimately unfinished.

Likewise Iczer 1 had a lot of popular concepts from the time period (Yuri, Mecha, Monsters, Slasher movie level violence, Old School Mech shout outs) that made it perfect for the Seinen OVA crowd. Then of course there's all the 80's mech series that involve Idol music (Mospeada, Megazone 23) following Macross.
Underrated GM Custom

PowerdGNFlag wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:34 pm
Underrated GM Custom wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:35 pm
JEFFPIATT wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:52 am BESPA was basically the SNRI Side 2 that was taken over by Zancare. its likely some of there MS started life as F series suits with Gundam style armor but got moved to the Bug look.
You know it would be pretty funny if beneath the Bugfaces there was a Gundam face, kind of like the old Dijeh kits.
I don't remember that happening...? The closest I can think of is having the option to put Gundam eyes alongside the regular monoeye in the HGUC. Or maybe you were thinking about the GNZ line from 00, which all hide Gundam faces under their visors.
Yeah the RE/100 Dijeh allows you to model the Gundam face behind the mono-eye sensor, it even includes a sticker set for the Gundam eyes as I recall.
MythSearcher

Mafty wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:54 am Honestly that's quite frequent in the entertainment industry, and not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of shows take something popular and put their own spin on things. Gundam for instance had influences from Yamato, Star Trek and Star Wars, as well as adding its own ideas. Then of course there's the fact the whole Space Colony aesthetic came from Gerard K O'Neill. Likewise many series followed Gundam in the Real Robot trend of the 80's. You can even see references to mecha shows in non mech related media (Several Char and Rei Clones appears in shows without Mecha, A reference to the Dendrobium appears in Anne Happy, and the Index movie Miracle of Endymion has an Idol Concert on a Orbital Elevator which seems like a reference to both Gundam 00 and Macross Frontier).Plus there's numerous other examples.

It really seemed like Bubblegum Crisis threw everything that was cool in the 80s about Anime and American Cyberpunk into a blender, and added some impressive animation. The result is an entertaining show, but the storyline is a bit choppy at times, and ultimately unfinished.

Likewise Iczer 1 had a lot of popular concepts from the time period (Yuri, Mecha, Monsters, Slasher movie level violence, Old School Mech shout outs) that made it perfect for the Seinen OVA crowd. Then of course there's all the 80's mech series that involve Idol music (Mospeada, Megazone 23) following Macross.
Yes, it is not necessarily a bad thing, but likely it depends on it the author took concepts and ideas before they create the story and have it well organised, or just randomly add in whatever new stuff they found on the way and made the story choatic.
Anime usually is better because those are planned before hand. Novels and manga are more prone to adding random stuff if the author couldn't care less.
Underrated GM Custom wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:54 am
Yeah the RE/100 Dijeh allows you to model the Gundam face behind the mono-eye sensor, it even includes a sticker set for the Gundam eyes as I recall.
Probably not the RE/100, gone through the pictures and the manual on dalong and nothing like that is in it.
Stickers 2&4 seems to be closest to Gundam eyes, but that is for right arm's shield(part D1) on page 7.

The HG Dijeh, on the other hand, you can choose from F2 or F3, both parts house the monoeye, but one of them has something like Gundam eye dent on the sides. No stickers were given though.
Underrated GM Custom

It's on the RE/100, mine and my RE/100 GP04 are in storage but here's a post showing it. Someone was handy enough to take close up photos showing the monoeye and area to put the gundam eye behind it.

https://imgur.com/r5lNogw
https://imgur.com/I8VnMx5
PowerdGNFlag

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:35 am It's on the RE/100, mine and my RE/100 GP04 are in storage but here's a post showing it. Someone was handy enough to take close up photos showing the monoeye and area to put the gundam eye behind it.

https://imgur.com/r5lNogw
https://imgur.com/I8VnMx5
Both the RE/100 and HGUC had the Gundam eyes molded in, but only the latter had the stickers you can put in to those.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Geoxile

Mafty wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:58 pm So how powerful do you think the Gundam F91 was compared to other UC Units? It seems kinda lightly armed, and aside from some After Image effects, doesn't have a specialized weapon.
If you gather up all the databook and author claims the F91 has a super saiyan mode (full operating mode), psycoframe, and minovsky flight in addition to all of its known features. And I wouldn't say it's lacking in firepower.
JEFFPIATT

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:35 pm
JEFFPIATT wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:52 am BESPA was basically the SNRI Side 2 that was taken over by Zancare. its likely some of there MS started life as F series suits with Gundam style armor but got moved to the Bug look.
You know it would be pretty funny if beneath the Bugfaces there was a Gundam face, kind of like the old Dijeh kits.
would not be the first time in UC where a suit started for one side and was retooled to fit with the other sides suits. the AGX-04 is basically the RX-78GP04 that was canceled half built and the eX-zeonic engineers finished it with a zeon style body. it did retain the GP style gundam legs.
https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/F99_Record_Breaker
the F99 acts as the missing link between BESPA and SNRI while also having otrher V gundam tech.
Mafty

Definitely that even happened earlier in the UC, especially where Anaheim Electronics is concerned. The Gerbera Tetra started off as the Gundam Gerbera(Thus explaining the floral theme naming of the unit) and was ultimately remodeled and given to Zeon. Then there's the whole issue with the Marasai and Strum Dias. By UC 0093 Char seemingly counted on this, and is rumored to have been responsible for the "Leaked" Pyschoframe.

I know Manga can been of questionable canon at times, but side stories do often help bridge the gap between the tech levels and storylines.