The Official Untitled Legendary Live Action Gundam Movie Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Untitled Legendary Live Action Gundam Movie Thread Mk I

Seeing how "well" the reception of Cowboy Bebop's live-action adaptation has been, I'm now terrified for this movie.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Chris
Administrator

BrentD15 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:32 pm Seeing how "well" the reception of Cowboy Bebop's live-action adaptation has been, I'm now terrified for this movie.
You're conflating two things that have nothing to do with each other. Cowboy Bebop was a Netflix production, and Gundam is by Legendary and Sunrise. Netflix has nothing to do with Gundam other than being the streaming outlet.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mafty

Speaking of live action Sci Fi; Has anyone seen the latest episode of the book of Boba Fett? Because it does an amazing job on creating a realistic looking Space Colony/Space Port, and they didn't have a movie budget(granted their budget is still much bigger than most tv shows...). Legendary has done great work visually on robots in the Pacific Rim and Godzilla series, So hopefully the movie has enough budget to do special effects like this.

Also what does everyone think of Brian K Vaughn's writing? he's very well known for comics and television and was selected to write the script.
Chris
Administrator

Mafty wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:37 pmAlso what does everyone think of Brian K Vaughn's writing? he's very well known for comics and television and was selected to write the script.
I've really enjoyed all the comics I've read from him, including Y: The Last Man, Saga, and The Private Eye, so I have no doubt that he'd put together a good script for Gundam.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Ryujin

Some days late with the news, but filming is scheduled to start this January. Given the stuff that's happened recently, it's understandable.
Deacon Blues

Ryujin wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:35 pm Some days late with the news, but filming is scheduled to start this January. Given the stuff that's happened recently, it's understandable.
If you're referring to that janky website claiming that it's starting in January in Ireland, there is no veracity to their claims.

Fake news for now, folks.