Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY Alternate Universe

Your own tale of two mecha.
Gambit01

Phase 39.....Waaaaay too much happened too fast. You need to let things sink in. I didn't even know people were fighting until I realized I was in the middle of a battle.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
ShadowCell

Can you give me anything more specific? I still feel like that one needs some more work, but I don't think splitting it up would work out well.
ShadowCell

Phase 42 is up.

EDIT 8/23 - Aaaaaaand Phase 43 is up.
ZeonsGhost

Still liking the story, keep the good work.
One question though, the three gundams that you created for the stories, what's the equipment of each one.

That's All
My beloved brother Garma Zabi was sacrificed, I ask you why...?" -Giren Zabi

"Because he was spoiled..." - Char Aznable, sipping some wiskey
ShadowCell

I tried to make that pretty clear in the text, but since you asked so nicely...

GAT-X107 Calypso Gundam
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Phase Shift (PS) armor, protects unit from ballistic and blade attacks; N-Jammer Canceller, negates effects of N-Jammer; signal flare launcher x 2, mounted in hands; link wire x 2, mounted in hands
Fixed Armaments: "Igelstellung" 75mm automatic CIWS x 2, fire-linked, mounted in head; ESR01B/K beam saber x 2, stored in recharge racks in hip armor, hand-carried in use; QX-B15A beam shield x 2, mounted on forearms; R19-X7 "Panzer Schneider" beam rocket anchor x 2, mounted on hip armor, can be fired out on a line; GAU-X5159R "Midas Messer Kai" beam boomerang x 2, stored in recharge racks on shoulders, hand-thrown in use; GRX-B14C "Silver Bullet" hyper impulse cannon x 2, mounted on back, folds over shoulders in use
Optional Hand Armaments: GAU-BRX08S high energy beam rifle, can be stored on rear skirt armor

GAT-X135 Judicator Gundam
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Phase Shift (PS) armor, protects unit from ballistic and blade attacks; N-Jammer Canceller, negates effects of N-Jammer; signal flare launcher x 2, mounted in hands; link wire x 2, mounted in hands
Fixed Armaments: "Igelstellung" 75mm automatic CIWS x 2, fire-linked, mounted in head; ESR01B/K beam saber x 2, stored in recharge racks in hip armor, hand-carried in use; QX-B15A beam shield x 2, mounted on forearms; GDR-X1 20mm beam Gatling x 2, mounted on shoulders; GAU-MB1X 50mm beam cannon x 4, mounted on forearms; CQR-M49 10-tube micromissile launcher x 4, mounted on shoulders and legs; M20D8 dual 35mm swivel-action beam assault cannon x 4, mounted on shoulders and legs; M105B 85mm railgun x 2, mounted on hip armor; GAU-M57A dual 45mm assault machinegun x 2, mounted in chest; "Zorn" 100mm energy cannon, mounted on head; "Scylla" 580mm multi-phase energy cannon, mounted in chest
Optional Hand Armaments: M958C 57mm beam carbine x 2, can be stored on hip armor; ARM-BD3X77 "Judicator" 680mm hyper impulse cannon

GAT-X201 Mustang Gundam
Fixed Armaments: "Igelstellung" 75mm automatic CIWS x 2, fire-linked, mounted in head; QX-B15A beam shield x 2, mounted on forearms; GAU-X5159S "Midas Messer Kai" beam boomerang x 2, stored in recharge racks on shoulders, hand-thrown in use; R19-X7B "Panzer Schneider" beam rocket anchor x 2, mounted on hip armor, can be fired out on a line; AQX042C "Schwert Gewehr" anti-ship sword x 2, stored in recharge racks on back, hand-carried in use, can be combined into one sword; RBW Type 7019 "Romteknica Kai" beam knife x 3, two stored in recharge racks in legs, one mounted on beam rifle, hand-carried in use; ESR03X static beam saber x 2, mounted on feet; "Scylla" 580mm multi-phase energy cannon, mounted in head
Optional Hand Armaments: GAU-BRX05C/K high energy beam rifle, can be stored on rear skirt armor
Idabosoldier

I read the first two OVA's episodes. The battle scenes were well done. Every thing else didn'tt appeal to me as much as i would've liked, which isn't bad per se.

8/10
AE GUNDAM
A story about the burning Cosmos, and the rising Gundam. Told by yours truely.
Cerpin Taxt

This is really good stuff Shadowcell when are you gonna post the new phase for Gundam Seed Destiny
ShadowCell

I've got school going on right now, and my allergies are launching some kind of twisted bodily revolution, so whenever the next chapter goes up is when it goes up.

EDIT: Okay, so I lied. Here's Phase 44.
GM ace

Overall, I'd say you've done a good job with this. You have done a decent job with repairing the character development void that was Shinn, the Turn A hints were pretty nice actually, the series overall has become slightly more realistic (the war is far from one-sided), and the plot's moving along at a nice pace. Plus, the Extended are much better written.

Problems? Well, the series remains a case of super-aces slaughtering cannon-fodder and coming out without a scratch on their MS paintjobs. And Gundams still come in scores. There are are a few minor issues with some characters (Heine seems like a major deviation, for instance, but to be fair he didn't have very much of a character to start off with).

Conclusion: A good job. It's not perfect, but I sure as hell like it. The only awkward bit is that there is so much background info buried in the unwritten OVA chapters, which is a bother since the main series is getting to the end.
ShadowCell

More lies and treachery from the perfidious ShadowCell! After staring at it and hoping that it would write itself for a couple of months, here's Phase 02 of "Soldiers of Old."

Anyway.
GM ace wrote:Problems? Well, the series remains a case of super-aces slaughtering cannon-fodder and coming out without a scratch on their MS paintjobs.
You're not the first person to tell me that. Honestly, so far I'm just trying to get the thing written--later is when I worry about editing, and altering fights to make them less one-sided is probably going to fall under that as well. My only problem with that is, say, about the Impulse--once Shinn goes off with the pirates, where would they get the parts necessary to repair it? But I'll go back to it during the editing stage.
And Gundams still come in scores. There are are a few minor issues with some characters (Heine seems like a major deviation, for instance, but to be fair he didn't have very much of a character to start off with).
Any other characters with problems like that? I want to know now so that I can go back later and tweak things (or chainsaw things, as the case may be).
The only awkward bit is that there is so much background info buried in the unwritten OVA chapters, which is a bother since the main series is getting to the end.
The OVA chapters are tougher to write, since most of my momentum's going into the main series. But I've got "Soldiers of Old" largely on hold until I've seen Stage III of STARGAZER, and "Pain" is leaving me with the daunting task of constructing personalities for the druggies out of the crumbs that Fukuda left me. They'll get written eventually...whenever eventually is.
GM ace

Well, let's see. Gil seems to be much more of a patsy than before. In GSD, he was this cunning guy who could manipulate people and events very well who only got beaten cause he was the 'bad guy' and we all know bad guys never win. In GSD Alternate, he can't maniuplate anybody! Now, to be fair again, denying him the ability to continue manipulating Shinn was key to giving Shinn a spine, so that okay. But he seems unable to do much more than throw troops at targets.

Neo and Rau just seem way too alike character-wise. They both have masks, they are both maniacs, and they have this i-know-better-than-any-of you attitude. They seem like complete clones of each other. There were a few seconds where I had to shake my head and double check who I was reading about, because the two acted so much alike.

I suppose I could say that the Megami crew (i.e. Yzak, Dearkka, Mwu, etc.) have received little in the way of character development, but since their OVA has yet to be written I am willing to play the wait-and-see game before I turn that one into a formal complaint.

I think that's it! I'll let you know if I remember anything else. Keep working hard! :D
ShadowCell

Phase 02 of "Golden Goddess" is up. That's one plothole filled. I think. Hope.
ShadowCell

Aaaaand Phase 45 is up.
ShadowCell

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Phase 46 is up.
ShadowCell

Urgh. Phase 47 up.

Almost there...
Antares

Whoa. Most excellent. Nice to see you've stuck with this project all the way. :)
ShadowCell

I don't get points for managing to quadruple-post over the course of about a month?

Damn.
His Divine Shadow

ShadowCell wrote:I don't get points for managing to quadruple-post over the course of about a month?

Damn.
You're in no danger of having your record beaten by me. Quit griping. :lol:
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
Thundermuffin

I've been steadily working my way through your stuff for about a month now. Up to the forties in Destiny, only got to read a few more to catch up.

I really enjoy it and don't want to echo anything else that has been said.

The one thing that kinda bothers me is the villainization (Is that a word :) ?) of Kira. I still really can't see him being twisted around by Rau like that, even with the trauma he went through. And now he's more like Anakin Skywalker than even Shinn became in the anime.
Gambit01

Thundermuffin wrote:
The one thing that kinda bothers me is the villainization (Is that a word :) ?) of Kira. I still really can't see him being twisted around by Rau like that, even with the trauma he went through. And now he's more like Anakin Skywalker than even Shinn became in the anime.
Yes it is a word, and yes you're not the only one bothered by it; but like I said, he needed it for the change in his story, no matter how unlikely and over-the-top it may seem.

BTW, ShadowCell, I know its a little late, but you asked me for specifics about Phase 39, and I compiled a semi-list:

1) Why were the good guys even there, at the battle? Was a reason established in Phase 38 and I just missed it?

2) When the Kasselheim went down, we didn't see anything from their point of view; for major characters who had such an impact on Shinn, you'd think they'd at least get a moment where we see them scream.

3) The Freedom's fight with the Impulse, while appropriately one-sided (to make up for the unrealisticely one-sided beating Impulse gave Freedom earlier, given circumstances and machine performance) was also too short, as was the Freedom's counter-beat down by Destiny(though that was more dramatically done)

4) Does the Destiny have a mobile armour mode? Nothing was mentioned, and then you start in with 'attack modes' and 'mobile suit' modes leaving me to go, 'huh?'

5) Why does your freakin' avatar change every time I log onto the site?
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza