Kou uraki after 0083?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Scorpio13

Kou uraki after 0083?

Whatever happened to him after stardust memory?
After he got out of jail, nothing else happened with his character.

I really wish they used him for more UC stuff. Maybe have him help the aeug? Or have him return to help lando bell as a counter terrorism unit. something ya know?
Dgaf about nina purpleton tho. Uggh.
Seto Kaiba

Re: Kou uraki after 0083?

Scorpio13 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 pm Whatever happened to him after stardust memory?
After he got out of jail, nothing else happened with his character.
AFAIK, nothing. He was assigned to Oakley Base in North America, where Keith, Mora, and Nina all were and that's the last we hear of him. Presumably he did not join the Titans the way the rest of his former colleagues did.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Scorpio13

Thats sad. They really should put him in something. Maybe during CCA? Or the events of unicorn?
Seto Kaiba

Scorpio13 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:11 pm Thats sad. They really should put him in something. Maybe during CCA? Or the events of unicorn?
Give him a spinoff/side story manga... Kou's Deleted Affair. It's just 14 volumes of him staring down a plate of carrots.
The Macross Mecha Manual
ShadowCell

they were going to give him a starring role in Unicorn. it was his big break and he had really thrown himself into the role, but tragically, the night before production began he was found dead in his hotel room, presumably killed by the strain of having an actual personality after having gone so long without one, so they had to run out and cast a wimpy Newtype teenager to take his place. sad!
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 am Give him a spinoff/side story manga... Kou's Deleted Affair. It's just 14 volumes of him staring down a plate of carrots.
That's a great idea, because if each volume is a year starting on 0084(which he got released) he would have just missed Unicorn and Narrative.
Seto Kaiba

MythSearcher wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:53 am
Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 am Give him a spinoff/side story manga... Kou's Deleted Affair. It's just 14 volumes of him staring down a plate of carrots.
That's a great idea, because if each volume is a year starting on 0084(which he got released) he would have just missed Unicorn and Narrative.
The more I think about this, the more I actually really want it.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Kou's Deleted Affair... fourteen volumes of Wile E. Coyote-esque comedy as Nina, Keith, Mora, and the staff at Oakley Base try to get Kou Uraki to eat his damn carrots. They not only miss every Neo Zeon uprising and the Gryps conflict, they're not even aware that they happened because the entire base is so frustrated with Kou that they're all focused solely on forcing him to eat his carrots.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Mafty

It is kinda odd that we never see any of the characters from side stories again. Granted aside from Kou And Christina there's not that many who would still be in the military come later wars. I know many of the side stories came out after the series their tied to, but they could still cameo in newer works within the timeline(ie the Zeta compilation movies, Unicorn) like how Isamu Dyson cameoed in the Macross Frontier movie.

As for the whole carrot thing, is it true that it came from Ryo Horikawa (Kou's VA) not liking carrot's?
False Prophet

Mafty wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:23 pm It is kinda odd that we never see any of the characters from side stories again. Granted aside from Kou And Christina there's not that many who would still be in the military come later wars. I know many of the side stories came out after the series their tied to, but they could still cameo in newer works within the timeline(ie the Zeta compilation movies, Unicorn) like how Isamu Dyson cameoed in the Macross Frontier movie.

As for the whole carrot thing, is it true that it came from Ryo Horikawa (Kou's VA) not liking carrot's?
Ark Performance have been working for years to put characters from side stories into their manga, like there are some IGLOO and Senki Records 0081 characters in 0083 Rebellion.

And we knew for years that Yuu Kajima was a Londo Bell pilot when Axis was dropped, but we only have a few pages of a manga anthology for all of that.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:23 pm It is kinda odd that we never see any of the characters from side stories again. Granted aside from Kou And Christina there's not that many who would still be in the military come later wars. I know many of the side stories came out after the series their tied to, but they could still cameo in newer works within the timeline(ie the Zeta compilation movies, Unicorn) like how Isamu Dyson cameoed in the Macross Frontier movie.
In context, I think it actually makes a fair amount of sense that we never see them again.

After all, the Earth Federation Forces' coverup of the whole Gundam Development Plan and the ensuing fiasco after a prototype was stolen by Zeon troops might've expunged the criminal charges from Kou's record but it didn't make the many senior officers briefed on, involved in, or presiding over the proceedings against Kou and the others forget what they'd read and heard. Their careers were OVER. Kou didn't even get officially classified as an ace despite having 16+ kills to his name. He and the others who didn't join the titles all got reassigned to an out-of-the-way base where they'd be easy to keep an eye on and well away from the frontlines to prevent them from doing anything else dumb and illegal.
The Macross Mecha Manual
ShadowCell

so the carrots are a conspiracy, then.
Kuruni

Mafty wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:23 pm It is kinda odd that we never see any of the characters from side stories again.
This is actually touched in EX A. During their fight, Fon Spaak ask if Ex- is at disadavantage (alter event in GA too much will cause the world to break down), only to get Ex- laugh to his face, pointed out that after his fail attempt to retrieve Veda at the end of 00F, Fon would never has any major impact to the 00 world again.
ShadowCell wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:16 am so the carrots are a conspiracy, then.
The most epic is in SRW Alpha. He actually enjoy carrot cake ...until he lear what it is, then just pass out.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Because if I am a commander, I would avoid this chap like plague.

If I do not know those because its all deleted and classified, this guy is mysterious to a VERY uncanny point. Seriously, what personnel file is this? He was originally a test pilot, suddenly got transferred to a new Peagasus class ship, but all records of what machine he piloted on the ship was deleted and was top secret level classification. He somehow got imprisoned for some kind of military crimes he did during that period for a year, but without trial or appeal was suddenly released because he didn't do anything (seriously?) on machines that never existed(seriously?) Oh, and that ship somehow appeared in every major battle that happened in that period, obviously carrying some machines not on record, did some amazing feats that the few GM Customs and GM cannon II onboard that was implausible to perform, the captain of the ship was executed for no reason (something on record was also deleted thus the ruling was overturned) No, I am not going to do ANYTHING relating to that guy, and his friends, and other than granting access to the base and maybe have someone I trust observing that Nina woman, I will also try my best not to interfere with things she do on site. No, I don't care if she is hugging a Gundam and/or MBing on the foot of it or in its cockpit, just tell the mechanics not to touch/rape her if they do not want to die and clean it up afterwards. I don't want to be the next to die because I uncovered some kind of secret of the higher-ups, and you, as my trusted person, should be smart enough to not risk you and my life in this matter.

This should last until at least 0099 where some of the leaked information of the GP series and their supposed role in the 0083 conflict, then it gets to the following:

If I know of his deleted history, this is the kind of guy who not only defied orders, but stole a military machine likely costing a dozen of billions of dollars in todays money worth, caused serious damages to the AE company docks which likely the EFF had to compensate to a certain degree(which would also be at least in the millions) From his records he looks pretty like a mad dog that will and would bite his master in the name of justice(in his own mind) eventhough he may look calm now.

No matter what, I'll keep writing request to have him transferred out of my command, or if in the case
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Sadly nothing has been written about what happened to Kou during Zeta Gundam but Monsha on the other hand joined the Titans and ended up in Mars with the Mars Zeon. I just found out like yesterday lol it is in Advance of Zeta Re-Boot: Gundam Inle - Black Rabbit Had a Dream manga.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!